Finished Mafia LI: Senate Subterfuge~Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Besides Jabberwock the only lynches being pushed have been on the v/la folks who aren't around to defend themselves. That isn't suspicious at all, no sir.

Robin beat me to it but Celever has all but abandoned the idea that I'm scum (or else he'd be pushing for my lynch). This is no surprise because my case on bb was completely justified and airtight. He can say it wasn't all he wants but that doesn't make it true.

I've been waiting for someone to call me out for not posting the case on Celever since I said I'd do it by the end of day 3, and it's telling that Celever hasn't brought it up either. But of course, why would he want to call more attention to him being scum?

He tried pushing a lynch on Jabberwock based on ability results which is what the hosts are trying to avoid. After I suggested he was scum and his role's usage was to find Tapu Lele and not scum: not a peep :^)

This is all on top of the other stuff he did that he should be strung up for.

More Celever votes please.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
##UNVOTE: Jabberwock
##VOTE: professor_jplap

I think mord is town, and the case on Jabs sucked, so third alternative lesgo.
Backpedal here? Weren't you 100% sure Jabber was scum due to his role name?
So I guess this is a no. So why isn't your vote on Jabberwock? He's confirmed mafia by his role name!
Fair enough. That doesn't change the fact that Jabs is a Roman Darth Vader.

Yog

Rogue
@scattered mind , Prof jplap voted for BB last minute and was the final nail in the coffin. He did this at a time where he could have voted for PMJ which would have spared a scummer and sent a (probable) townie home. jplap is very likely to be a townie.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Fine. I’ll make a case on him tomorrow so you better understand why he is so scummy to me.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE:celever

I hope my instincts are wrong.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Another reason I voted Jabber is that he was experience fishing me on day 1 asking how long I've played. Possibly two gain information on on me as a game member. If anything, I admit to being a scummy person in these games. Now I say, I may have an ability that could allow me to find out a players ability yet, I've been blocked from doing so.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Day 4 End
There was numerous disagreements over what to do. Many different candidates got votes for being removed and everything went back and forth. In the end, however, a slim plurality chose to rid themselves of a player.

Celever was lynched. He was:
You are Publius Cornelius Lentulus Spinther, and you are aligned with the Loyalists. Though you received much support from Caesar, your true loyalty has always stayed with the Republic (having helped Cicero from exile and crushed the Catilinarian conspiracy) and the optimates. You were quite well known for your coin making, which you could do during your benevolent reign as governor of Cyprus.

Active Ability: Host of the Games
As aedile, you hosted gladiatorial games with extreme splendor. As it turns out, your money is also being used to fund these certamina. Once during the game, while there is an ongoing certamen that you are not playing it, you may PM the hosts ##EMBEZZLE. You will win a downgraded version of the prize for that certamen.

Active Ability: Coins Named for Thee
Having the ability to print your own coins helped you separate yourself from the famous actor who shared a name, and a similar face. While these coins weren’t worth more than regular coins, they became a symbol of your family as the tradition continued. Each Night you may PM the hosts ##GIFT: Player. Once you have three coins gifted to living players, you will be able to cash them in to learn the role name of one of those players at random.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the Republic.

Final Vote Count:
mordacazir (3): Jabberwock, Acetrainer_Samwise, Yog, Robin Aisaga
Jabberwock (2): Celever, PMJ, scattered mind, TeamAqua4Life#HEYNICK, Professor_jplap
@Celever (4): PMJ, Robin Aisaga, scattered mind, PMJ, Mariano11887, Robin Aisaga, scattered mind
Professor_jplap (3): GM DracLord, Celever, scattered mind

Abstaining:
mordacazir, GekkisaiDaiNi, Jadethepokemontrainer

No player reached half of majority, but punishments of a different kind are coming so you're okay for now.

The following players did not post four times today and are hereby warned:
@Acetrainer_Samwise, @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

As a repeat offender, if Nick doesn't meet posting requirements he will be modkilled next time.

Night 4 Start
As the senators adjourned processions, the curia began to burn down as a sign of the disagreement of the day. Some didn't move. In fact, they had not moved for a while. They were burned down with the rest of the building.

GekkisaiDaiNi was modkilled. He was:
You are Publius Clodius Pulcher, and you are aligned with the Loyalists. A creative and masterful politician and populare, you managed to make enemies with just about every politician, from Cicero to Pompey. Still, you always managed to gain the upper hand and passed many reforms, such as making executions illegal and making grain dole completely free for poor Romans in your (illegal) reign as tribune.

Passive Ability: Crossdress
In the infamous Bona Dea scandal, you crossdressed as a woman in an attempt to find the sacred name of the Good Goddess of the Vestal Virgins and seduce Caesar’s wife, a capital crime. Through some bribes, however, you barely managed to escape with your life. Now, you can use the talent you’ve learned to your advantage. Once every even numbered night, you will crossdress in the home of a random player and learn if they were at home (and therefore didn’t target anybody) that night.

Active Ability: Thugs
A large portion of your power was owed to the gangs of thugs you controlled through a corrupt guild system you enacted. These thugs can be sent to assassinate whoever you want, forcing them to stay inside to avoid their attack. Once per night, you may PM the hosts ##THUG: Player. That player will be unable to use any abilities on any other players during that night.

Jadethepokemontrainer was modkilled. He was:
You are Gaius Antonius Hybrida, and you are aligned with the Loyalists. Though you often wasted your fortunes and aligned yourself with your fellow optimate Catiline, you eventually help squash his conspiracy and began a tyrannical reign as governor of Macedonia. Your character was thrown into the dirt, but as always, you wish to redeem yourself.

Active Ability: Reign of Terror
As a terrible governor of Macedonia, you stole wealth from basically any source there was to steal. Ironically, after this happened, you were counterattacked and lost most of your wealth you just gained in defense. This time, however, it won’t happen. Once during the game, you may PM the hosts ##STEAL: Player, where the player is dead and aligned with the Loyalists or Triumvirate. You will take all of their wealth and abilities to use as your own, besides those involving QuickTopics.

Because of these modkills, there will be no nightkill tonight. There may be other results of it too, to be determined.

Night 4 has now begun, and will end in 46 hours, on June 19th at 6:00 PM EST. You may not post during the night, but can chat in QTs.

100Certamen: Historianus Bonus Results

Nobody submitted anything for the certamen so nobody wins the prize.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Day 5 Start
The Senate convened, this day in the Temple of Iupitor Stator after yesterday's burning of the curia, to start their proceedings. Nobody was dead; after yesterday's tragedy nobody dared to claim the life of another. But there was a true sense of tension present as everybody tried to find the ones undermining the sacred democracy that had been present.
Penguinius encouraged his fellow senators to be smart, diligent, and catch the ruffians for good. Otherwise, the pains they already had endured may only be the start.

Nobody has died.

Day 5 has now begun, and will end in 72 hours, on June 22th at 6:00 PM EST. You all may now post. Majority to lynch is now 6. Vote counts will come daily today, and you are expected to make at least 4 posts today. Those who have not made it to 4 posts so far will be tagged in every vote count until they do.

100Certamen: Proelium Ultimum

Welcome to the final certamen of the game! This promises to be a big one, so be prepared for a struggle. You all have been given marble busts of yourself, and each phase, you can do one of three things (by PMing us your action):
1. Smash [remaining player who is not you].
2. Defend
3. Do nothing

If you smash a player, you destroy their bust and they are eliminated. If that player chose to defend themselves, however, your bust will be destroyed instead. If you defend yourself and no one else tries to smash your bust, you will smash your own bust of frustration. If you do nothing, but are not eliminated, you will earn yourself a Strident Smash. To use a Strident Smash, you must state in the PM containing your action that you wish to use your Strident Smash (this will replace the regular smash). A Strident Smash may be kept to be use in later rounds. A person who is smashed by a Strident Smash will die regardless of the target's action for that phase.

If the winner is aligned with the Loyalists, they will win a chance to examine a player’s bust and see if they are a Loyalist that does not have both a passive and active ability. If the winner is aligned with the Triumvirate, they will win the opportunity to examine a player’s bust and learn their role.

You are not allowed to communicate about this certamen in-thread or in scumchat, but may communicate about this in any other chat.
Every player will get to play in this certamen. Actions will be processed every 24 hours, and player who don’t submit will automatically be eliminated.

Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
##VOTE: GM DracLord

Why the tunnel vision on jplap? Do you genuinely believe he's the best lynch?

We'll get to mord in a bit. I assume he's off V/LA by now?

Yog

Rogue
Surviving the night is fantastic. I would love to know if anyone had some kind of protection last night (without getting too specific about how or why), because tey will probably die tonight as Maf take a second shot. In which case we'd at least know someone to trust.

Alternately whoever you are, just post the most raw opinions today - and tomorrow we will know to look over it.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
jplap is town, and whoever is passing around that double vote gets a town read from me as well (pending who it is), so if you want to come forward, please do. I think I have it narrowed down to two possibilities but I'd like to be sure.

##vote scattered mind

He was the deciding vote to lynch Celever and didn't want to lynch him solely because he was active. He said he was likely going to vote mord due to time but switched to jplap for no reason, saying it would have given us more information than Celever. jplap has been MIA for most of this game while Celever has been here all game long, so there's no way this is true.

It took scattered mind less than an hour for him to abandon the S.S. Lynch mord and vote jplap instead. He could have left his vote where it was, or even switched to mord, and lynched either of them, but he decided to skip out on both of them and kill Celever instead.

The last two scum are scattered mind and mord. We did it boys.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
The last two scum are scattered mind and mord. We did it boys.
Why are you suddenly convinced that there are only two more scum? IIRC yesterday you were sure that there were five total.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Because I can't count. I had to piss like a race horse and also leave for an appointment and I wanted to post before I left.

Add Yog or Drac to the list, in that order.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
sm and mord before either of those, though. There could be four scum, using 20% isn't unheard of.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
##VOTE: GM DracLord

Why the tunnel vision on jplap? Do you genuinely believe he's the best lynch?

We'll get to mord in a bit. I assume he's off V/LA by now?
It looks like you are defending jlap without him even defending himself from my vote, i know my vote arent gaining any momentum since i didnt have a case on him. Are you protecting him for some reason

##Vote: Jlap

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Drac, it's day 5, if there's something about jplap that you know that we don't, now is the time to tell us. Otherwise you need to make a case or put your vote elsewhere (like on scattered mind).

Status
Not open for further replies.