News Lycanrock-GX Deck to be Included in January's 'CoroCoro!'

Except that MMan did 110 damage - very respectable - and was a counter to Yveltal on top of what it did. Also could be boosted by Max Elixer. Also there was battle comp so easier to get specific energy in the discard to power up, say, something with specific energy requirements (Joltic, Glaceon, Regice, Ho-Oh).

This card needs a DCE and only does chip damage, unless you're a joltic, and it's harder to search out and get specific energy in the discard to power up something specific. This theory deck would need to play 4 DCE, and would only play mono-color on top of that. Sounds clunky.

Ooh, free retreat tho.
yeah but remember in expcnaded this could be good and also we barely have any of the set yet! No telling what they will make! There might be a really op card to go along with it. As for Zygarde, meh. It's decent

Looks like Rayquaza stays at 120HP unlike other lengendary pokemon who are 130HP these days.

Oh come on, Zygarde couldn't have been a dragon type?

Is this the card that we'll get in the Zygarde complete collection I wonder?
I think that they wanted it to be used with fighting support.

I dont see any potentional in the Zygarde but the Rayquazza?
Normal tool box confirmed?

I think that they wanted it to be used with fighting support.

I dont see any potentional in the Zygarde but the Rayquazza?
Normal tool box confirmed?

So they want it to be used with fighting support but make it pretty much fodder? Yeah, that makes sense. They should have just made it a dragon type.

how much do you wanna bet these will be in the english Sun and moon set
How much do you wanna bet these will both be released in individual $20 "collection" boxes like every other Promo outside of Japan? (Like Lycanroc GX, the main card from the deck that these cards come from.)

Biting sarcasm towards TPCi aside, Rayquaza is very interesting! (Unfortunately, Zygarde is not. Except for the artwork. The artwork is great.) It can be easily played in most decks, as long as that deck is fine with using DCE's (not every deck is), and it can make some Pokemon, that only had potential, more viable now. I like it!

So they want it to be used with fighting support but make it pretty much fodder? Yeah, that makes sense. They should have just made it a dragon type.
You are right. the only exuse i can come up with is an example : night march was suposed to be a gimick ( by the people who makes the cards ) but competive play used it. maybe zygarde was ment to be good ( with fighting support ) but isnt good.

Except that MMan did 110 damage - very respectable - and was a counter to Yveltal on top of what it did. Also could be boosted by Max Elixer. Also there was battle comp so easier to get specific energy in the discard to power up, say, something with specific energy requirements (Joltic, Glaceon, Regice, Ho-Oh).

This card needs a DCE and only does chip damage, unless you're a joltic, and it's harder to search out and get specific energy in the discard to power up something specific. This theory deck would need to play 4 DCE, and would only play mono-color on top of that. Sounds clunky.

Ooh, free retreat tho.

You saw what happened with Carbink. This card is a splashable 2-energy attachment in any deck that runs dce or just uses elixir. The metagame will shift from EXs to GX though. It's evolving very fast in a very fast pace. Setting up with a basic, then use its attack while keeping your unevolved pokemon seems the best strategy in the future meta, at least from what we've seen.

Again, as there are no Pokédex Numbers on the cards, I will be calling them fake! Game Freak will learn the hard way from hackers that they canNOT censor out Pokédex numbers. All they are doing by censoring out Pokédex numbers is exposing Pokémon Sun and Moon as one big CON!

*Zygarde-ing intensifies*

But Rayquaza looks like it might be a good MegaMan replacement. Similar attack, but 30 damage for a DCE and the ability to hold a FFB looks pretty nice. Ultra Ball combo confirmed.

Also, disappointing Zygarde is disappointing. We need playable ones. Not misc cards just to fill the sets.

I wished they made the legendary birds as normal type once like they do with Rayquaza. Have one type specific attack and one attack with all colourless requirements.

I think Rayquaza will be excellent in anything psychic, because mew+dimension valley means you can atattch 2 energy for 1 attack cost.

the art on the zygarde is nice but the moves SUCK! the rayquaza is good in both art and competetive power:)

Not bad by filler standards, but neither card is amazing. I guess Rayquaza COULD see some play in limited scenarios, but most types have a better energy accelerator at this point, and 2 energy (even if you can use DCE) is a big ask for that purpose.

I wished they made the legendary birds as normal type once like they do with Rayquaza. Have one type specific attack and one attack with all colourless requirements.

Agreed! There needs to be more variety in type representation of a Pokemon. There haven't been many Fighting-type Tyranitar, for instance.

Well neither of them do anything but at least they're there...?
That Rayquaza feels pretty Gen 3 too, save for the erratic and nonsensical mix of energies it used to require

I seldom buy these boxes, But Lycanroc is one of my faves from Alola, so I might just have to pick one of these up...

I hate these boxes. I'd prefer if they simply made tins or something else instead of boxes that you'll end up throwing away...

Back