News Lycanrock-GX Deck to be Included in January's 'CoroCoro!'

NinjaBem

Aspiring Trainer
Awesome! Nice Match* art on the Rockruff. I'm still looking for Naoki Saito and MAHOU arts for sun and moon.

Last edited:

Anthony Orosco

Aspiring Trainer
Ugh... Can we please get a GX that's playable? I'm not counting Solgaleo and Lunala GX because we haven't gotten full scans of those cards.

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
A non-flippy energy discard for only 2 seems a bit nasty. Especially when it can be beefed up with Strong Energy.

raymond25962

Aspiring Trainer
A non-flippy energy discard for only 2 seems a bit nasty. Especially when it can be beefed up with Strong Energy.

Yup. Especially when GX evolution cards can use tools. Strong Energy + Muscle Band allows it to hit for 70 and discard an energy. Not bad at all.

Plus he's also got a great weakness, not a lot of grass types in the meta.

Meracle

Prosperous VI
Ugh... Can we please get a GX that's playable? I'm not counting Solgaleo and Lunala GX because we haven't gotten full scans of those cards.

How it is is it not playable? No offense, just curious why you came to this conclusion. This dude hit freaking hard with Regirock + Strong Energy. Not to mention it has 200 HP and only a Stage 1. I will probably mix Slowking with Lycanrock to wreck havoc.

Last edited:

VeedraForce

Misty's Husbando
Dat art tho...Really liking the polished look of the gx cards so far, probably partly because of the full art on the card, looks slick.

Apterous

Aspiring Trainer
Ugh I need to find a Kinokuniya nearby do pick up that mag when it comes out. Can't wait to see the next iteration of Shauna and Tierno!

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Also going by the name this probably means Lycanroc's forms won't have separate names. Wonder if we'll see a Midnight Form GX to accompany the Midday?

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Huh, well that's a novel concept - getting a free deck of cards with a magazine.

Knowing us, we'll probably end up having to pay for this deck or having the cards included in the first S/M set.

fawfulmark2

Aspiring Trainer

Lurantis looks very playable due to energy acceleration options and synergy with FoGP. like was said, this GX is in what seems to be the equivalent of a starter deck, so don't go expecting anything insane here.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
I'll reserve judgement until AFTER the Pokédex numbers have been introduced for the Generation VII Pokémon. The only ones that have been revealed so far are: #722 Rowlet, #723 Dartrix, #724 Dartrix's evolved form, #725 Litten, #726 Torracat, #727 Torracat's evolved form, #728 Popplio, #729 Brionne, #730 Brionne's evolved form and #731 Pikipek (with #732 and #733 almost guaranteed to be Pikipek's evolved forms)