Lucario-EX and M Lucario-EX from 'Rising Fist' [5/12]

Lets hope this set has a Fighting Energy accelerator and Lucario EX's attacks are actually good.

Should be interesting!

Hopefully they're good attacks. :p The last one doesn't look like it has text but it's blurry anyways.

I especially love the art work for Lucario EX, can't wait to see what else this expansion has to offer.

DevinTheWelf said:
I especially love the art work for Lucario EX, can't wait to see what else this expansion has to offer.

Right?! I wanna know what the Full Art Lucario would look like! :D Since it's pretty positive we'll get FA of all the EXs in the set.

That's the first ime since BW-era, that some Pokémon has more then 2 attacks! They sure have to made some 'mons with 3 attacks / Ability and 2 attacks through BW-era, too. I hope, they make more then this Lucario…

Btw., if they would continue with this trend (attack names after the main 'mon from the set, it'll be interesting. They made it actually with XY, too (X Blast × Y Cyclone).

Btw., any tips on Pokémon in this set (not counting the very possible rest of gen VI 'mons)? I'd like to have new Breloom, which could be Fighting and attack for [G] energy or opposite.

Yeah, and btw., my tip: One of Lucario's attacks will be Aura Sphere =) Something like X damage to defending Pokémon and some damage to 1 of opponent's benched.

CuriousCleffa said:
Right?! I wanna know what the Full Art Lucario would look like! :D Since it's pretty positive we'll get FA of all the EXs in the set.

I can't say I love the FA's for EX's, having them all be gold outlined kinda makes them a bit boring and makes them not stand out from each other. Although I do love the non-ex FA's, like Pokecenter Lady and Pokemon Fan Club.

NotSeen said:
Btw., any tips on Pokémon in this set (not counting the very possible rest of gen VI 'mons)? I'd like to have new Breloom, which could be Fighting and attack for [G] energy or opposite.

Breloom will no doubt be in this set, he hasn't been in one for so long ;w;... The only thing I'm really crossing my fingers for is that he's playable. (even if he isn't, I'll find a way)

DevinTheWelf: Many 'mons weren't long in newer sets: Spearow line would be fine, the same for Paras, Venonat, Poliwag, Bellsprout, Tentacool, Krabby and many others.
Even, though, I don't expect any crustacean other then Clauncher. But a new Krabby or Corphish would be fine by me. IMO, the one, who deserved new card, is Arceus. =) Even if I don't like EX's much and it sure would be an EX.

NotSeen said:
DevinTheWelf: Many 'mons weren't long in newer sets: Spearow line would be fine, the same for Paras, Venonat, Poliwag, Bellsprout, Tentacool, Krabby and many others.
Even, though, I don't expect any crustacean other then Clauncher. But a new Krabby or Corphish would be fine by me. IMO, the one, who deserved new card, is Arceus. =) Even if I don't like EX's much and it sure would be an EX.

Yes, but Breloom ties into the whole fighting type theme, so I'm sure he'll make his way into Raising Fist. I'd love to see a Arceus card with some sort of ability revolving around the type plates and changing his form/type, but I doubt we'll be getting one for quite some time :/

My prediction came true! Lucario EX is in the set lol.
(From the rising fist announcement thread)
Here's my speculation:
Obvious EX: Lucario EX+ Full Art -> M Lucario EX
1 Other Mega related to the set: Medichan EX+ FA -> M Medican EX (based off the old ex one)
1 Super Random Mega not at all related to the set (Kangashkan): Aggron EX +FA -> M Aggron EX (based off the old ex one)
1 Possible makes-sense EX: Hawlucha EX +FA
1 Random someone-just-picked-this-out-of-a-hat EX: Kingdra EX +FA (based off of the old ex one)

My predictions-
Lucario EX
M Lucario EX
Hawlucha EX
are confirmed, so that leaves us with 3 more EXs
Decent Fighting EX- Zygarde fits the bill perfectly. Never used as an EX, Fighting Type, Gen 6 Legendary, and can be used as both a filler or good card. Regirock also fits.
Random EX- Will probably have roots to fighting. We had Gen 5 Emolga, then Gen 4 Toxicroak, so it will probably be Gen 3. I suspect it will be Claydol as a Psychic type.
Mega EX- This could really be any one, but I think it will be scizor to add varity to the set.
New mechanic- Almost every set has introduced something new (Flashfire had gold megas, XY had megas, Boundries Crossed had ace specs, etc.
Since this most likely the last XY set I think we'll get something big. Shiny Pokémon EXs is my prediction

Final predictions-
Lucario EX [F]
M Lucario EX [F]
Hawlucha EX [F]
Claydol EX [P]
Zygarde EX [Dr]
Scizor EX
M Scizor EX
S Lucario EX
S Hawlucha EX
S Scizor EX

Set Descrition :
Become King of the Ring! Trainers, step in the ring and fire up your ferocity for the Pokémon TCG: XY—Furious Fists expansion! Brace yourselves for a grand tournament unlike any before with Mega Lucario-EX and Mega Heracross-EX! And, as the competition intensifies, a host of Pokémon appear for the first time in the Pokémon TCG—each one eager to prove itself as a master of battle! With a team backed by brand-new Trainer cards to power up your Fighting-type Pokémon, your opponents will be left wondering what hit them!
Over 110 cards
5 new Pokémon-EX ( Lucario Ex, Herracross Ex , Hawklucha Ex and 2 others )
2 new Mega Evolution Pokémon (M herracross and M Lucario )

Finally a pokemon with 3 attacks! This was something desperately missing from black and white.

My theory for M Lucario is that the attack just ignores resistance. It's a shame because if it was just 10 more, it would one shot Yveltal with a muscle band along with several other 170HP EXes. Maybe this is where something like Forretress (flashfire) could come into play to get that extra damage needed to finish the job.

Oh god...

Flashfire: FF

Furious Fists: FF

God help us all.

In all seriousness, if Fighting gets acceleration, I will be soooo happy.

Frost Mage said:
Oh god...

Flashfire: FF

Furious Fists: FF

God help us all.

In all seriousness, if Fighting gets acceleration, I will be soooo happy.

That's the 2nd time this has happened!

Dark Explorers: DE

Dragons Exalted: DE

WTF set naming people.

NotSeen said:
Btw., if they would continue with this trend (attack names after the main 'mon from the set, it'll be interesting. They made it actually with XY, too (X Blast × Y Cyclone).

This concept has actually been around already. Lugia's Plasma Gale attack is named after the Japanese set he's from, Plasma Gale.

DevinTheWelf said:
I can't say I love the FA's for EX's, having them all be gold outlined kinda makes them a bit boring and makes them not stand out from each other. Although I do love the non-ex FA's, like Pokecenter Lady and Pokemon Fan Club.

Ehh, I don't think it makes them boring, but that's just me :p
I didn't even notice they were gold outlined until now aha

I can't wait! I saw Flashfire was coming out May 7 and I pulled an all-nighter the night before! I can't wait for the 5 new EX's and 2 Megas to be released. One I will be getting no matter what is Lucario EX. 3 attacks, that's special. I'm guessing they'll have a sort of promo box kind of like the Garchomp-EX box or the Charizard-EX Box. 3 cards I really, really want to see are Metagross EX, Dragonite EX, and Salamence EX. I loved their TCG Gen 2 ex's. I had unbelievable luck with Flashfire--out of about 30 packs, I got a Magnezone EX FA, 2 Magnezone EXs BACK TO BACK, a Toxicroak EX, Pokemon Center Lady FA. And then, out of 3 assorted boosters, I got a FA Thundurus EX and FA Shaymin EX back to back! Can't wait. I saw that the Pokemon TCG Online had ENGLISH Delphox EX, Chesnaught EX, and Greninja EX in its list of obtainable cards. I wonder when those will be released officially as tangible cards?

^Next month in "Kalos Power Tins".

Apparently none of them are very good competitively, but as I collector I will be getting them.

tigre said:
^Next month in "Kalos Power Tins".

Apparently none of them are very good competitively, but as I collector I will be getting them.

Actually, I see potential in Delphox and Greninja. They have their drawbacks, but 3 for 120 isn't bad, even though you have to discard. Blastoise/Greninja, Anyone?

Back