Little disappointed...

scuba steveE

Absolute
Well, I was just on pokemon.com looking for leagues around my area. The closest league to where I live 67 miles away -____- Leagues sound really fun and everything, but I'm not going to drive 67 miles to one every week with gas the way it is. Also the nearest Battle Roads is 99 miles away and there is really no local tournaments around here. I did go to the Triumphant prerelease last year(same place where that Battle Roads is being held), but that was a one-time thing unless one pops up closer.

So I guess the point of this thread is: do you have to travel great distances to P!P events and can you think of any ways to these events to people who can't attend them?

best way would be to start up your own league.

some places are just farr....

then theres the tcg online alternative

it is disappointing. I'm moving from california to Iowa this summer. states/regionals was about a 40 minute drive away.. midwest regionals is going to be about 400 miles away from Des Moines. but states will be kind of close, and nationals will be alot closer (if they keep it in Indiana)

but like Ogeray said, just start your own league. make sure you run it right though, have other people run it with you. that way you don't end up failing your league.

Yeah I've been thinking starting one up here, but I really do not know anyone around here that plays, so it would be tough. I also enjoy TCG Online and I can't wait until everything fully operational on it.

There are game/hobby/etc. stores around here, but none of them really seem interested in pokemon, just yugioh and MTG... well there was this one that use to sell pokemon cards, I'll try talking to them...

I am sort of in the same boat the nearest battle roads is 50 miles away from me and once i transfer schools it will be about 70 miles away. I did go to a prerelease recently (same place as battle roads) but it cost so much in gas that it will have to be a very rare trip.

Leagues can be held anywhere that they will let you. I know of leagues in Pizza Places, Chinese Resteraunts, even in book stores. Just call around or go in and talk to them if they will be willing to hold a league there. But I do strongly suggest that you become a Proffessor before doing it. As it does help in ruling and questions that pop up in the league. Also once the league is up and going P!P will post it on the website and it is how most players find their way to leagues now days.

aikira21 said:
Leagues can be held anywhere that they will let you. I know of leagues in Pizza Places, Chinese Resteraunts, even in book stores. Just call around or go in and talk to them if they will be willing to hold a league there. But I do strongly suggest that you become a Proffessor before doing it. As it does help in ruling and questions that pop up in the league. Also once the league is up and going P!P will post it on the website and it is how most players find their way to leagues now days.

Close, but not exactly.

If you are running a league you are representing the game as a whole. You will need to be approved by TPCi to run a league, and your location will also need to be approved. There are some very specific rules, and they are all available on the P!P website.

Yeh LORDY JONES, 6-Dimension and I live in Santa Fe, and we don't have a league within 65 miles of us as well. We have been trying to do something about it for about a year and a half now, but none of us are old enough to start a league, and our parents don't even like us playing Pokemon. We have talked about it with like 2 Organizers and some local judges, still nothing. Also Regionals is always so far away, this year the closest Regionals to New Mexico was in Utah, the upper part in Salt Lake City. Anyways the moral of this rant about myself is that you don't have to go to league to be a good player, just practice with some friends, over the phone work well, and if you don't have friends who play, then Redshark or the Pokemon Online program are the ways to go.

Back