Let's talk Eeveelutions.

How good do you think Eeveelutions are going to do?

• Total voters

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Jolteon - Lightning - HP90
Stage 1 - Evolves from Eevee

[C] Pin Missile: 20x damage. Flip 4 coins. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads.
[L][C] Elec Difuse: 40 damage. If the Defending Pokemon is a Pokemon-EX, during your opponent's next turn, that Pokemon can't attack.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Flareon - Fire - HP100

[C][C] Vengeance: 20+ damage. Does 10 more damage for each Pokemon in your discard pile.
[R][C][C] Flare Blitz: 90 damage. This Pokemon does 10 damage to itself.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Retreat: 2

Vaporeon - Water - HP110

[C] Cure Rain: Heal 30 damage from each of your Pokemon.
[W][C] Cold Break: 30+ damage. If the Defending Pokemon is a Pokemon-EX, this attack does 50 more damage.

Weakness: Grass (x2)

Espeon - Psychic - HP90

[C] Psycho Alert: 20 damage. Draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.
[P] Shadow Ball: Does 40 damage to one of your opponent's Pokemon (don't apply Weakness or Resistance.)

Weakness: Psychic (x2)

Umbreon - Darkness - HP100

Ability: Dark Zone
All of your Team Plasma Pokemon have +20 HP.

[D][C][C] Darkness Fang: 70 damage.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)

Glaceon - Water - HP90

Ability: Freeze Zone
All of your Team Plasma Pokemon require two less Energy to retreat.

[W][C][C] Icy Wind: 60 damage. The Defending Pokemon is now Asleep.

Weakness: Metal (x2)

Leafeon - Grass - HP100

[C] Energy Flush (?): 20x damage. This attack does 20 damage for each Energy attached to the Defending Pokemon.
[G][C][C]: Leaf Blade: 60+ damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 more damage.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Water (-20)

If you guys are Eeveelution freaks like I am, then you'd be sort of excited for these cards. I'm not sure how Eeveelutions is going to deal with Darkrai, but some of these cards are pretty solid and could be worth running especially with the Plasma support.

Discuss!

I think they'll just be okay, like most eeveelution cards (though these look slightly better). A lot of them have cheap attacks with interesting effects, but they're weak and are outclassed by the EXs.

Code:
Flareon - Fire - HP100

[C][C] Vengeance: 20+ damage. Does 10 more damage for each Pokemon in your discard pile.
[R][C][C] Flare Blitz: 90 damage. This Pokemon does 10 damage to itself.

Weakness: Water (x2)

This + Ultra Ball in a Ho Oh EX deck would be so fun.

The Umbreon and the Glaceon look like they could be interesting tech ideas for the Plasma decks...

Lugia EX with Eviolite, the Stadium, and Umbreon basically has 220 HP o__o

Otherwise I Don't think they have that much potential. MAYBE Jolteon in something like Eels, but probably not.

Zyflair said:
Flareon is best eeveelution

The thing I'm wondering is why they put Flare Blitz on Flareon's card when he doesn't have it in the VG....I could totally use him better if they did.

The Eeveelutions are getting there, card by card.

The only ones with any potential are Flareon and maybe Jolteon... Glaceon and Umbreon would be nice as Basics, but as Stage 1s, it's just not worth it (too bad you can only have 4 Eevee in a deck).

That said, Flareon could be interesting with Ultra Ball and heavy lines of whatever else. I'd just be worried about space for Trainers/energy and the ability to constantly get out Flareon quickly after spending time getting some Pokémon into the discard. With only 100HP and a 2 colorless attack, it'd be awfully hard to keep up.

Jolteon might make a nice tech against some decks; switch would ruin it, but in certain situations one might be able to bait the switch or force a retreat (or just stall/get two prizes, of course). Something with Eels could add it fairly easily, especially if a Call for Family Eevee does come out.

Then again, it'd kind of be a long shot anyways. Maybe something to have fun with rather than play competitively.

Umbreon and Glaceon provide support for Pokemon that are actually capable of doing something useful; this makes them several times better than the rest of them, which are all outclassed by better, basic, attackers.

The only somewhat good eeveelution in format in my opinion is the Jolteon from Dark Explorers. For one energy, you can do 60 and it's a Stage 1 so you can donk with it T2 if you go first.

Glaceon - Gives most Plasma Pokemon free retreat = Amazing
Umbreon - Looks like this stacks with 4 in play pushes all your non ex's to ex level HP = Amazing
Espeon - In a situation where you either have no supporter or your only supporter is something like skyla basically refreshes your hand = Pretty good

Honestly only Leafeon and Vaporeon are really underwhelming. So over all much better then some of the other eeveelutions that have been released.

To be honest, I see any of them being feasible in any deck that can use them. Why? Ditto. This card can be played, and if the opponent wants to kill it, then you haven't lost an Eevee. And, if you've been playing right, they won't know about your Eevee line, so they won't kill it. Then, you can drop and Eevee and the necessary Eeveelution in the same turn, and leave your opponent wondering what is going on.

Now, I personally plan to use Umbreon, Flareon, AND Glaceon in my Snorlax deck, once it comes out in the US. Again, why should I try all three, when I can only run 4 Eevee? Because they're all situational. If you desperately need the retreat for a crucial turning point, then get that Glaceon. If surviving another turn will really help, look for the Umbreon. And, if you've been using Ultra Ball to get rid of the crazy Pokémon lines you're running, then search out Flareon. They all depend on the situation, and the ones you're using can be gotten rid of at no cost to you.

Scizorliscious said:
[because Flareon has] only 100HP and a 2 colorless attack, it'd be awfully hard to keep up.
Are you serious right now. ._. DCE says hi. Also, you can energy excel with Eels or anything else you choose, because it's colorless. That's the great part. And the HP really isn't a problem, since it should be a tech. To run a full deck around it would require 16 Pokémon in the discard to OHKO an EX, and that's silly.

I love eeveelutions as much as the next person (I collect Umbreons), but I really can't see them getting much play.
First you have to set them up with an eevee which can be donked by Landorus, and they have fairly low HP, even when you manage to evolve them. People are saying they may be viable with other stage 1 or 2 techs, which to me just seems a bit too clunky.
I dunno, I hope they see some play but I wouldn't put money on them being too successful.

Umbreon and Glaceon are very solid. I could see Flareon and Leafeon seeing some solid play, if only because the former two are solid and the latter two are techable. I could see Eeveelutions being solid enough if only because we have DCE and lots of Plasma support for them. Deoxys EX lets you hit the numbers you need for OHKOs with, say, Leafeon (if Keldeo packs on the energy to OHKO you, you OHKO right back with a Deoxys, and without if they KO'd you through Umbreon) or Vaporeon (maybe it'll see play). I'm not a fan of the others, but we do have Espeon DEX to use in the deck.

I really like these. W/ a Deoxys EX, Vaporeon OHKOs Landorus EX and Jolteon EX in a very nice Lugia counter. Espeon is bad, but all the rest are quite good. Eeveelution box w/blends could be very good, but you'd need to run a lot of devolution spray just in case.

I feel like Deoxys EX would help out too. I know Landorus gives the Eevees a tough time, but I think Ditto would help here. Flareon is interesting, especially when paired with Ho-Oh EX. You'd need to hit Juniper/Ultra Ball a LOT to get enough Pokémon in the Discard Pile, unfortunately, but it could be pretty powerful early game. I don't think Espeon is that bad. You can pick off a Tynamo on the Bench and hit Mewtwo for Weakness. Just a thought.

Espeon is that bad. Landorus does its sniping job better even if he doesn't OHKO benched tynamos (still OHKOs active ones, has a plethora of other advantages too numerous for me to list). We had a Honchkrow before that had a similar attack to Flareon, and while yes Flareon has the advantage of that it gets boosted from any mon and not just dark types, Honchkrow proved that a deck focused around it is not very good. Using Flareon as a late game tech is a lackluster idea too because many decks don't even run enough Pokemon for Flareon to OHKO an EX if all of your other Pokemon are in your discard. Any other Eeveelutions with attacks that you think are viable? They're not.

Flareon is good against the inevitable Klinklang decks, especially given the ability to work with Deoxys EX. Eeveelution decks won't mind discarding the unnecessary Pokemon in the deck (a 2nd Glaceon, a Leafeon when not against Keldeo, etc.) to power it up to a decent 90 (with Deoxys) lategame to OHKO Cobalion EX, for example. It's also pretty splashable if you only use the first attack (an Eeveelution deck will run DCE, no doubt).

Back