LEGENDS: Your opnion on the HGSS tcg

Heart Gold Soul Silver Collection?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

starcharge

evil mac user
PikachuMatrix said:
Personally I can't wait for the set, the only trouble I see is not being able to display the LEGENDS cards properly in a binder, unless you look at them side on of course.
Wow, your right! Thx for pointing this out.

Brawler

Pedobear approves
Blue Thunder said:
I like these changes. These new cards clearly show the PCL wants to go back to a slower, more set-up nature for the game. I wouldn't mind seeing the game heading in this direction.

The games might get a bit more expensive, but not ALL too expensive. I expect PUI to continue with great ultra-rare ratios, so perhaps we'll see 4 or even 5 Great cards per box, and maybe 2 Legends cards per box. Those sound pretty decent to me. Also, do remember there is an unknown drawback to the Great Cards. A good drawback, IMO, would be to only allow 2 Great Pokemon with the same name in them per deck. This way, the game wouldn't get too expensive by needing to hunt down 4 Great Pokemon, but only 2. This would be like a combination of the ex and Level X mechanics. (For instance, people only used up to 2 of a certain Level X (well, you could use more, but that would be a dumb idea) yet these cards would be like exs in what they evolve from.) And the LEGEND cards aren't super playable, and if they continue good ultra-rare ratios, they won't be REALLY hard to pull.

Btw, notice how Japan changed up their packs up a bit. This could mean that PUI could perform this as well, and they could finally bring the rares per pack ratio up to Japanese level. Or at least 2 rares per pack.

And anyone who says Feraligatr is broken, it won't be until an HGSS-on format. Speedrill mauls Feraligatr, and it won't like Legos much, either. It would fare nicely against Luxape, however.

These new cards DO suck...but only in the DPt era. Once we get a rotation to HGSS-on, a lot of these "terrible" cards could become a lot better. And besides, we have a grand total of 14 out of 130ish cards revealed. We can't really say anything about the set overall yet, and perhaps we'll see a counter rise to Feraligatr in the 115 or so cards remaining in the set.

I'm a bit unsure of how I feel of the x2 Weakness, but I do think this will help keep certain decks in check. Besides, we have already been moving to a x2 Weak metagame anyway, thanks to Pokemon-SP and Lucario GL.

My predicitions for the remaining 5 Great Pokemon are:
-Ho-oh Great
-Lugia Great
-Raikou Great
-Entei Great
-Suicune Great

I actually don't expect Celebi to be a Legend or Great Pokemon. Since it is more of an event Pokemon, I think it will be saved until Legends 2 or 3. However, when it does appear, I'd highly expect a Celebi LEGEND.

All in all, I like these changes, and these cards will radically change the way the game is played once we achieve an HGSS-on format. The game might become more expensive, but these can be fixed by good box ratios, putting them in tins, and putting certain drawbacks.

And there will ALWAYS be the cheap decks.

....Speedrill? Please, nobody's going to be playing that. Same with Luxape, SP won't be alive around then. The Arceus cards maul it.(no, not the pokemon Arceus, the set.) And why would they make Ho-oh and Lugia greats? My bets are on Tyranitar as one, and possibly Scizor.

So far, I think Feraligatr is the only decent pokemon(Lugia is meh), but if they do make a T-tar Great it would be good.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
The LEGEND Lugia and Ho-Oh cards are the best things the TCG has come up with since Crystal Type IMO :3

Blue Thunder

so long!
Brawler said:
....Speedrill? Please, nobody's going to be playing that. Same with Luxape, SP won't be alive around then. The Arceus cards maul it.(no, not the pokemon Arceus, the set.) And why would they make Ho-oh and Lugia greats? My bets are on Tyranitar as one, and possibly Scizor.

So far, I think Feraligatr is the only decent pokemon(Lugia is meh), but if they do make a T-tar Great it would be good.

People would play Speedrill if it beats Feraligatr. ;] SP won't be alive? Please. And the Arceus set isn't that great, and most of those cards get out sped by most of the current format anyway. I don't expect a big change in the format either in DP-SV or DP-AoA. AoA only has what, four playable decks that rise from that set? Some of which get out sped or beaten by current decks? Yeah, AoA isn't that great of a set. The best card is a Trainer.

They would make Lugia and Ho-oh Great because they are the big mascots of this set. I don't see why being a LEGEND card stops them from having a Great card in the set. This set is mainly focused around the "main" guys of HGSS, which are the starters and the main legendaries. Other GS Pokemon and Celebi will likely be put in within the next few sets.

I will agree with you on the last sentence, however. (Minus the Tyranitar part)

GHJamesGH

Retired Mod
I would not hate this set at all if they waited till next september to release it and made the format HG/SS-On. It would be like starting the whole game over again and we wouldn't have to make any crazy transitions.

FireMeowth

filthy shipping trash
GHJamesGH said:
I would not hate this set at all if they waited till next September to release it and made the format HG/SS-On. It would be like starting the whole game over again and we wouldn't have to make any crazy transitions.

That's what I was hoping for when DP came out.
Sadly, they didn't do it then, and I guess they won't this time either.

GHJamesGH

Retired Mod
Well, they have giving us all of these crappy sets lately, so maybe they are getting ready to dump them all.

dragon master112

Team Hangout Rules
how will getting these legend cards work? what if its only 2 to a box and there differnt pieces to different cards. Granted i will prob buy 2 or 3 boxes of this set, wat about other players who wanna get good but they can because they have to pull 2 puer cards to be able to ply a good one, and now all the good stage 2 pokemon will b lvl x pulling ratio, they are makeing this game way to hard for newbies

ze_draeck

I'd like to make myself believe...
Yes, lets wait untill this set comes out and then make it Legends-on.

Like they would make DP legal for 4 years and SV just for 1.

ElectroManiac

Bloods for Life- So if you banging
So no more Lv. X's....

/me secretly cries

I like the artwork, but Great Pokemon seems a little 400 years ago. If they change anything, it shouldn't be the X's.

Believenstyle

Aspiring Trainer
ze_draeck said:
Yes, lets wait untill this set comes out and then make it Legends-on.

Like they would make DP legal for 4 years and SV just for 1.

Why not do that? Either way SV is jipped since it came out much later. But I'd rather not wait another YEAR even after AoA comes out for the new set, there's only so much we can do with these =]