LEGENDS: Your opnion on the HGSS tcg

Heart Gold Soul Silver Collection?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

starcharge

evil mac user
What does every one think about this set and it's new mechanics? Do you really want to sacrifice Lv. X's for cards that are just like ex? (except for the amount of prizes to draw) And what bout those "Legends". Sure the artwork is cool, but do you feel the need to put 2 cards together? What if they fall apart? How about the new and totally cheesy name for trainers? I'm sure this will be very confusing until PA gets cycled out. Well, discuss!

I love the artwork. And the Legends attacks goes very well together with many other cards. i think its great and will add a new meta i think.

its a shame they got rid of the lvX's. But seeing as it is a new block, they had to change the game mechanics like they always did in past sets to keep the game fresh. The brokeness of Feraligatr power is incredible. The one thing i don't understand are the legend pokemon - so to play them you have to play 2 of the same card from your hand to your bench or esle you can't play it?

So in the next set after HG/SS will there be LV. X's and can we still use them? it would be way cool if we could use both!

ChaoSparx said:
So in the next set after HG/SS will there be LV. X's and can we still use them? it would be way cool if we could use both!

No, Greats and Legends are your Xs now!

So, I can Bebe the parts right? I assume even though one half is a picture with HP it still counts as a Pokemon.

These Legends better not become popular. Playing in small spaces will become impossible, decks will become more expensive(Like in the EX era, when rather than 1 Lvl X you had 3 EXs in a line. And then more EX lines.)

Great Pokemon are so terribly annoying. It's a big money pit and the fact they released Rain dance again as a super duper rare is just horrid.

Everyone hated Lvl Xs when they first came out though, but now we're sad to see them go. If anything cards look 127 times cooler and the Legend cards were a real shock when I first saw them. Hopefully the new block will be balanced. Certainly HGSS-On sounds fun as long as the cards keep to these high costs.

I dont like it at all. You need 2 to use 1 thats messed up. And if yout gonna need to buy new cards to use for tournaments I'm not gonna be participating =( They look cool at least so I might collect them only.

I like them but here is the thing look at the Leagend cards really close you will see that there are 2 cards not one it is like they are split in half. This might have been said already but that is what I saw and BTW they are novilty decks

I think all of it looks so cool. The concept was just revealed, so we have time to think about it and learn more. The artwork for legend cards looks SO cool. I cannot wait.

I like it, it is awesome. And like Seth are saying. its new information and we dont really now much about the cards yet. But i think it will be a great adition to the metagame.

I would personally wait to judge the mechanics, I still don't quite understand some of them.

I wonder if these 'Great' and 'Legend' will need to be played over a regular one or if they'll act like EX's in the fact that we don't need to level up.

Hm, yea not best to judge too early.. But from the info I've read so far, I don't really take a likeing to it... You need to combine two cards just to play one? That's ridiculous, and that takes up two-four spaces in your deck. Hearing that the Rain Dance power is back, does make it a little better though.

Amaterasu said:
I would personally wait to judge the mechanics, I still don't quite understand some of them.

I wonder if these 'Great' and 'Legend' will need to be played over a regular one or if they'll act like EX's in the fact that we don't need to level up.

Greats are just like Ex's, they are played onto the Stage 1's of those pokemon, but it doesn't look like they have a 2 prize penalty.

The LEGEND isn't that hard to understand, instead of playing one card, you play two to represent that pokemon. You have to have both cards in hand to play them, and you attach energy to it as ONE pokemon.

It's back to base set. The cards are going to be different, now. It's like a revamped base set, really. Legends are going to be popular. It seems the game has higher Energy costs now, meaning they are taking a step backwards. Goodbye to donk decks, hello to long, drawn-out matches. I like it.

Feraligatr is BDIF. I just hope Candy is coming back.

Also, x2 weakness is standard, now.

Well, at least we can agree that Great Feraligator is awesome. Hopefully this will revive water decks!

P.S. The legends look rabid. lol

starcharge said:
Well, at least we can agree that Great Feraligator is awesome. Hopefully this will revive water decks!

P.S. The legends look rabid. lol

Feraligatr is actually looking pretty good with legend Ho-Oh. Charge up Ho-Oh with Water, and then blast away for 100. Lugia EX is getting reincarnated, too (well, sort of).

For the purpose of using powers and Trainers, this card is treated as its own subclass, much like Basic Pokemon cards, Evolution cards, LV.X cards, and so on.
So we wont be able to bebe's them.this is soooooooo stupid on part of pokemon,and whats with the X2 weakness????

PokeChamp said:
Feraligatr is actually looking pretty good with legend Ho-Oh. Charge up Ho-Oh with Water, and then blast away for 100. Lugia EX is getting reincarnated, too (well, sort of).
You're moving Water energies to Ho-oh with what?

The Legend system makes a lot of sense if you think about it. They always had to dumb down legendaries because they had to be basic, at least now they can be as broken as they should be ;)
(the lvX and ex system did this as well, but I think the Legend system would work even better, as it's specific for Legends, and lvX were just evolutions #2 whilst the ex's were too easy to get out.)

PokeChamp said:
It's back to base set. The cards are going to be different, now. It's like a revamped base set, really. Legends are going to be popular. It seems the game has higher Energy costs now, meaning they are taking a step backwards. Goodbye to donk decks, hello to long, drawn-out matches. I like it.

Feraligatr is BDIF. I just hope Candy is coming back.

Also, x2 weakness is standard, now.

Not this season. Maybe next season when Beedirll is rotated out, though.

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
You're moving Water energies to Ho-oh with what?

The Legend system makes a lot of sense if you think about it. They always had to dumb down legendaries because they had to be basic, at least now they can be as broken as they should be ;)
(the lvX and ex system did this as well, but I think the Legend system would work even better, as it's specific for Legends, and lvX were just evolutions #2 whilst the ex's were too easy to get out.)

Sorry about that, it appears I failed. Never mind my previous statement. But still, Gatr looks broken. All we have to do is find someone that can abuse Energy attachments.

The X2 weakness does bring back more caution to the game. Though it's annoying, I like to see it back. Makes KOing easier.

As for that comment about bring a revamped base set back... I honestly don't see it, not yet anyways. You may want to say a little more so I can see what you're saying.

Back