LEGENDS: Your opnion on the HGSS tcg

Heart Gold Soul Silver Collection?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ze_draeck

I'd like to make myself believe...
Legends =/= Basic Pokémon

The Reaver said:
I don't think Ho-Oh is that bad. It can do a consistent 100 for 4, and that Energy that it discards comes back through either Heatran or this new Typhlosion GP (Great Pokemon). If the format slows down enough, this might actually become really good.

For all of you complaining about having to spend more money on the LEGEND cards, don't. The fact that you're playing a TCG means you're gonna spend money whether you like it or not lol.

Infernape does 100 for 2, Blaziken for 3, Salamence for 4 with a built in Energy recovery. The actual Charizard does it for 4, with the exact body. Ho-Oh is just bad.

ragingphantom

Currently in a Paradox
ze_draeck said:
I don't really see the use for these Great Pokémon, but they'll probably end up getting support. A for these Legends, I love those. The Ho-Oh is horrible although it's art is so freaking awesome. As for the concept of it, I'm a bit confused if it takes 1 Pokémon-place or 2 Pokémon-places.

I'm betting that the LEGEND will just take up one space on the bench, as that would be kind of stupid to take up 2 bench spaces for a 2-part card.
And whoever said gyarados doesn't have a dex entry, look harder. It's right above the weakness symbol.
And so far the Great Pokemon have just been stage 2's, so that might be the new name for them or something.
^^You can't rosy a LEGEND card because it ain't basic. It's its own subtype like Level X was. Which means it also can't be OHKO'd by machamp.

Lobo27

Aspiring Trainer
I personally am very excited for the new HGSS sets. Lv X was getting very stale for me, and I'm looking forward to some new mechanics to work with. I always liked the EX sets more than DP block anyways, and I'm hoping that the game starts heading back down that path of big stage 2's a little more

The Reaver

Speed Mode
ze_draeck said:
Legends =/= Basic Pokémon

Infernape does 100 for 2, Blaziken for 3, Salamence for 4 with a built in Energy recovery. The actual Charizard does it for 4, with the exact body. Ho-Oh is just bad.

Yeah, but all three of those examples require 2 Energy to be discarded, and if you're talking about Salamence AA with the Energy recovery, it can't do 100 damage without its X.

ze_draeck

I'd like to make myself believe...
1 more discard for less energies? Heck yeah. And Charizard made no impact to the meta at all, so why would Ho-Oh do it? Because it discards 1 less, just like Salamence? And the fact that you need 2 of them to get it into play.

Really, Ho-Oh is horrible.

FireMeowth

filthy shipping trash
I absolutely LOVE the Legend-cards. I always found it weird how Legendary Pokémon seemed just like Basic Pokémon, but now they really feel special! I sure hope we'll be getting a Heatran Legend. <3

The only disappointing thing is that they removed the levels. >:

starcharge

evil mac user
FireMeowth said:
I absolutely LOVE the Legend-cards. I always found it weird how Legendary Pokémon seemed just like Basic Pokémon, but now they really feel special!
Not all legendaries will get a legends card.

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
FireMeowth said:
I absolutely LOVE the Legend-cards. I always found it weird how Legendary Pokémon seemed just like Basic Pokémon, but now they really feel special! I sure hope we'll be getting a Heatran Legend. <3

The only disappointing thing is that they removed the levels. >:

I can't really see, but on the non-legend/great cards, they might have stuck the levels back in the pokedex entry near the bottom of the card, like in the old days.

Also, *really hoping for legendary beast legend cards*

Blue Thunder

so long!
I like these changes. These new cards clearly show the PCL wants to go back to a slower, more set-up nature for the game. I wouldn't mind seeing the game heading in this direction.

The games might get a bit more expensive, but not ALL too expensive. I expect PUI to continue with great ultra-rare ratios, so perhaps we'll see 4 or even 5 Great cards per box, and maybe 2 Legends cards per box. Those sound pretty decent to me. Also, do remember there is an unknown drawback to the Great Cards. A good drawback, IMO, would be to only allow 2 Great Pokemon with the same name in them per deck. This way, the game wouldn't get too expensive by needing to hunt down 4 Great Pokemon, but only 2. This would be like a combination of the ex and Level X mechanics. (For instance, people only used up to 2 of a certain Level X (well, you could use more, but that would be a dumb idea) yet these cards would be like exs in what they evolve from.) And the LEGEND cards aren't super playable, and if they continue good ultra-rare ratios, they won't be REALLY hard to pull.

Btw, notice how Japan changed up their packs up a bit. This could mean that PUI could perform this as well, and they could finally bring the rares per pack ratio up to Japanese level. Or at least 2 rares per pack.

And anyone who says Feraligatr is broken, it won't be until an HGSS-on format. Speedrill mauls Feraligatr, and it won't like Legos much, either. It would fare nicely against Luxape, however.

These new cards DO suck...but only in the DPt era. Once we get a rotation to HGSS-on, a lot of these "terrible" cards could become a lot better. And besides, we have a grand total of 14 out of 130ish cards revealed. We can't really say anything about the set overall yet, and perhaps we'll see a counter rise to Feraligatr in the 115 or so cards remaining in the set.

I'm a bit unsure of how I feel of the x2 Weakness, but I do think this will help keep certain decks in check. Besides, we have already been moving to a x2 Weak metagame anyway, thanks to Pokemon-SP and Lucario GL.

My predicitions for the remaining 5 Great Pokemon are:
-Ho-oh Great
-Lugia Great
-Raikou Great
-Entei Great
-Suicune Great

I actually don't expect Celebi to be a Legend or Great Pokemon. Since it is more of an event Pokemon, I think it will be saved until Legends 2 or 3. However, when it does appear, I'd highly expect a Celebi LEGEND.

All in all, I like these changes, and these cards will radically change the way the game is played once we achieve an HGSS-on format. The game might become more expensive, but these can be fixed by good box ratios, putting them in tins, and putting certain drawbacks.

And there will ALWAYS be the cheap decks.

starcharge

evil mac user
FireMeowth said:
...How would you know? o_O
WPM said:
The EX / LV.X of the "LEGEND" era will be called "Great Pokemon." They are Pokemon that "specialize in battling." There will be eight of them in the set. Their names will be in holofoil.
Because there are 8 greats I am just guessing that not all legendaries will get a legend card. They could over all the sets but It's not likely IMO/

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
starcharge said:
Because there are 8 greats I am just guessing that not all legendaries will get a legend card. They could over all the sets but It's not likely IMO/
Remember, they're dealing with Kanto and Jotho Pokémon here, there's no overload of legendaries like in the later generations. I doubt they'll be adding any non-legend legendaries to the Legend sets.

Anyhow, I'm predicting a Kanto-based set for either the next one or the one after that, and the next set will have at least 3 Legends, being the legendary dogs (unless they end up being in this set, which I doubt). After this we'll probably get Groudon and Kyogre based on the fact that you can get these in-game. But oh well, we'll see what happens.

The Pain

Where's my beach towel
I'm just wondering how tins will work (if we still get them), will the y be great or legends, i can see them being legends seeing as they are the equivalent of Lv.X but that would mean 2 cards so wouold tins cost twice as much

Lolmonster

Aspiring Trainer
I'd take Greats. Better Mechanic IMO, and cheap Gatrs.(Don't deny the fact that starters in tins would sell VERY WELL.)

starcharge

evil mac user
Heavenly Spoon :F said:
Remember, they're dealing with Kanto and Jotho Pokémon here, there's no overload of legendaries like in the later generations. I doubt they'll be adding any non-legend legendaries to the Legend sets.
Your right. o_O

Believenstyle

Aspiring Trainer
For everyone I beleive they already stated Legend cards will be their own classification.. they will not be basic OR evolved pokemon, they will be Legendary pokemon XD So no Roseanne's, but that's fine I'm sure they will have something to get them out like how we have Premier ball / level max for now. If nothing else we can use Bebe's until it's rotated out or re-released =]

Blue Thunder said:

Btw, notice how Japan changed up their packs up a bit. This could mean that PUI could perform this as well, and they could finally bring the rares per pack ratio up to Japanese level. Or at least 2 rares per pack.

These new cards DO suck...but only in the DPt era. Once we get a rotation to HGSS-on, a lot of these "terrible" cards could become a lot better. And besides, we have a grand total of 14 out of 130ish cards revealed. We can't really say anything about the set overall yet, and perhaps we'll see a counter rise to Feraligatr in the 115 or so cards remaining in the set.

All in all, I like these changes, and these cards will radically change the way the game is played once we achieve an HGSS-on format. The game might become more expensive, but these can be fixed by good box ratios, putting them in tins, and putting certain drawbacks.

And there will ALWAYS be the cheap decks.

I really hope they copy the Japanese format... I hate getting one rare and a reverse holo of any common card @_@ Though I hate reverse holos with a passion anyways but that's a different rant I can have all together o_o;

Ho-oh I wouldn't say sucks, he's compareable to cards now which I think at least makes him decent... But I think they are toning alot of this down... damage, energy and what not especially since the x2 weakness will be in constant effect. So once DP is rotated out I'm sure it'll all even out a bit and Ho-oh will be something sought for.

PikachuMatrix

J-Core!
Personally I can't wait for the set, the only trouble I see is not being able to display the LEGENDS cards properly in a binder, unless you look at them side on of course.