Contest June's Create A Card: Fully Evolved Basics! (Official Results!)

In for image, I guess. I am disappointed in myself for doing so poorly. Are there no critiques for this past round?

Sign me up for text, please (I do some fake images, but I can never get the font, so if someone could PM me the font for next month that would be great).

---
Luvdisc HP70
BmDkJ9v.png

BASIC
370.gif

NO. 370 Rendezvous Pokémon HT: 2'00" WT: 19.2 Ibs.

ABILITY Love Letter
Once during either player's turn, when a Pokémon is Knocked Out, each player may search his or her deck for a card, reveal it to his or her opponent, and put it into his or her hand. Each player shuffles his or her deck afterward. Discard this Pokémon. You cannot use more than one Love Letter ability per turn.
BmDkJ9v.png
Water Show 10
Draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.

weakness//
1XiltNf.png
x2

resistance//
retreat cost//
lkBHYNn.png

Luvdisc’s heart-shaped body is a symbol of love and romance. It is said that any couple meeting this Pokémon is promised a loving relationship that never ends.

---
I present to you my card. Luvdisc never gets much love, so I decided to make this! I think it's fairly balanced, and I added the discard clause so that it doesn't trigger itself and doesn't allow for too much searching. I think that may either make or break it :p
I went back to the traditional [L] weakness of Luvdisc as well as the elusive 70HP to give it a bit more bulk. I hope you enjoy my card! (Please tell me the wording is right!)

Fletchie! how could you? I was going to enter luvdisc...

Oh well, Double the love for the lovely luvdisc. (That means I'd like to enter)

n832yVa.jpg

Luvdisc has never been too much of a fighter, and my card will not be an exception. My idea was to make luvdisc a viable opening pokemon, able to stall the opponent by healing itself with soothing spray, but also to give it a quick way out for whenever you want to move to the offensive, using date night.

Other uses could be removing a dangerous pokemon (fully evolved, charged EXs, etc), forcing the opponent to set it up again, while you only lose luvdisc (I don't know if shuffling luvdisc back in the deck make it overpowered, but I didn't like discarding it), or making room in your bench without sacrificing any prizes.

And... that's all!
I do think fletchie's luvdisc is closer to the usual TCG luvdiscs, however.

EDIT: terribly sorry, I forgot to switch the set symbol for the CaC symbol; I'll take the penalty, no problem at all, it's not like this had too many chances anyway.

How do you make images smaller now? I can't use the code I used before.

Last edited:
i...i won

23 months of CaC's. You guys literally do not know how I feel right now. I joined Pokebeach originally just to compete in CaC back in early 2013 and now here I am more than 2 years later, that goal finally complete. I am the first CaC winner of the new era and it feels so fitting. I can't wait to have that shiny gold badge of victory displayed under my avatar.

i won

Last edited:
i...i won

23 months of CaC's. You guys literally do not know how I feel right now. I joined Pokebeach originally just to compete in CaC back in early 2013 and now here I am more than 2 years later, that goal finally complete. I am the first CaC winner of the new era and it feels so fitting. I can't wait to have that shiny gold badge of victory displayed under my avatar.

i won
th-2.jpg

What's the deadline for this?

Here's my entry. Text based, I don't know how to make BW-era cards as images. Or draw, for that matter.

Klefki – Fairy – HP60
Basic
Θ Guard: Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon by Pokemon-EX.
[Y] Fairy Wind: 30 damage. Return this Pokemon and all cards attached to it to your hand.
[Y][Y][C] Lock In: 60 damage. Your opponent may not play any Trainer cards from his or her hand during his or her next turn.
Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 1

Here's my entry guys!
-----
Miltank
- HP100 - [C]
Basic

241.gif

No. 241, Milk Cow Pokémon, HT: 3'11" WT: 166.4 lbs.

Ability:Special Milk
Anytime you attach a Special Energy card from your hand to one of your Pokémon, heal 30 damage from that Pokémon.

[C][C] Team Rollout 20+
If you control a Tauros, this attack does 60 more damage.

Weakness: [F] x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C][C][C]

Its milk is packed with nutrition, making it the ultimate beverage for the sick or weary.

-----

Announcement:

I apologize for the confusion and lack of judged entries for this past month. Delays and problems have forced us to forgo a formal judging round for May. Instead, this month's winners are from the Fan Vote. There will, unfortunately, not be formally judged entries for May's contest.

We are also looking for more Image-based judges! If you are interested in judging, please feel free to apply. You are also welcome to contact me and Ice Arceus for more information. Potential Image-based judges should have a good grasp of image-based faking, of course, as well as knowledge about TCG rules and attacks.

I am now going to go over the thread to collect sign-ups and answer questions.

Once again, we've had an amazingly fast turnout! The number of text-based spots has been increased to 20, so there are still 2 spots remaining, and plenty still open for image-based as well. :)

I've got the sign-ups posted updated with all entrants, and also those entries that have already been completed. If you notice any mistakes, please let me know!

Why aren't legendarily acceptable?

Legendaries are too easy.

In for text!

But.... We can put Rhyperior EX for example as a Basic (in TCG terms being a EX like Venusaur EX) Fully-Evolved or only Pokémon with no evolutions?

Making a regularly S1/S2 Pokémon into a Basic by way of TCG mechanics (such as EX or GL) is not acceptable according to this month's rules. There's a list of available Pokémon in this post if you have any confusion about what Pokémon are or are not allowed.

Last edited: Today at 3:31 AM

In the future, please do not edit your entry into a previous post. Entries that have the "edited" mark on them automatically lose 2 judging points since this counts as editing your entry. When your entry is finished, you should post it into a new post, even if this means you will make a double post.

In for image, I guess. I am disappointed in myself for doing so poorly. Are there no critiques for this past round?

I can do art for you still, right? :< *sneakily adds herself with your name into the sign-up post*

Sign me up for text, please (I do some fake images, but I can never get the font, so if someone could PM me the font for next month that would be great).

We have a bunch of fonts and other resources available in the Fake Card Resources and Help thread. If there's anything you're still missing, feel free to post there and someone can help you out.

How do you make images smaller now? I can't use the code I used before.

I do not believe this is an option anymore in the new software. If you want to showcase a smaller version of the card, you'll have to save a smaller image manually, or you can use the imgur options for smaller images. Usually I make my own images smaller in photoshop and then host both and use the small image as a link t o the larger one.

What's the deadline for this?

The deadline is in the News Post along with the rules. For this particular month, the deadline is Thursday, June 25th.

My Text entry
Druddigon EX – Dragon – HP180
Basic Pokémon

Ability: Tough Skin
Any damage done to this Pokémon by an opponent’s attack is reduced by 50

[R] [W] [C] Dragon Tail: 90 damage. Flip a coin. If heads switch your opponent Active Pokémon with 1 of his or her Benched Pokémon. If tails, your opponent’s Active Pokémon is Paralysed.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

When a Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Creator: Cheeriox

Well, I must admit that I'm disappointed that there won't be any formal judging for my first entry. Was looking forward to seeing how it worked/how I did (although I know of my blunder to forget the Mega "M" in front of Banette's name).

Ah well, on to June. Sign me up for image based please!

Back