• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Jumpluff: A rebirth

win said:
Actually, Jumpluff wasn't even a top-tier deck and it probably won't ever be.
-60 cards, +60 other cards.

Try telling that to the person who won worlds with it. >_>

On topic: I don't understand why you need Cinccino. It needs another type of energy to the deck (DCE to get charged up in one turn), and can't be searched out with Sunshine Grace.

-sillykyle!

Thanks everyone.
I've decided to put Rescue energy in and will try to make space for some Pluspower.

sillykyle! said:
win said:
Actually, Jumpluff wasn't even a top-tier deck and it probably won't ever be.
-60 cards, +60 other cards.

Try telling that to the person who won worlds with it. >_>

On topic: I don't understand why you need Cinccino. It needs another type of energy to the deck (DCE to get charged up in one turn), and can't be searched out with Sunshine Grace.

-sillykyle!

Cinccino fills slots and can do a similar thing, as Mew Prime can. They add to the swarm. Admittedly they don't help for consistency, but the more basics that can be sought out with Collector, the merrier.

What about taking out some, if not all, of the Cinccinos and Pichus and putting in Mew Prime? It's easily searchable and can be played T1, but the only real downers are HP and Lost Zoning a Jumpluff...

How about adding a Super Rod or two?
red-collection-super-rod.jpg

Super Rod - Trainer

Search your discard pile for up to 3 in any combination of Pokemon and basic Energy cards. Show them to your opponent and shuffle them into your deck.

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.

This list plays far too many pokemon. Though Jumpluff does like having a constant full bench, it isn't hard to accomplish that with fewer pokemon, here's a list i reccomend:

4-3-4 Jumpluff
2-2 Yanmega Prime
2-2 Sunflora HGSS
3 Pichu HGSS
1 Cleffa HGSS

I quite don't like Pichu in my Jumpluff list as it just gives Reshiram variants too much of a boost, which is something you don't want (even though the match-up is unfavourable either way even with Metapod) You could get away with just running a pokemon line like this as Jumpluff doesn't really need anything else. With all that space left open (9) you can add

+2 Rare Candy (essential for that T2 Jumpluff after "Playground")
+1 Flower Shop Lady (Recovery)
+3 Pokemon Reversal (helps to score cheap KOs which Jumpluff likes)
+2 Junk Arm
+1 Switch

Then all you have to do is change the energy line to all {G} energy, or 9 {G} / 2 Rescue

@sillykyle
Cinccino does help add to the swarm although I could take it out for something... but what?
Dodrio is for free retreating Cinccino and Sunflora if it gets pulled up etc.

@X_empoleon_X
It doesn't feel like it's got to many.
Maybe you could try it on Redshark and then see what you think.

@POKEVORTEX
Mew Prime? I don't see where your coming from.

Sorry I haven't been on for a while but my Email account went dodgy so I didn't know I had more replies.

I suggest Flowershop Lady and perhaps 1 Zekrom to counter against Yanmega and sniper decks that involve Mandibuzz and Kingdra.

Why do you run Throh. That is too much stuff for a speed deck, and Pichu doesn't work well because it helps your opponent. Collectors are better, because you don't help you opponent (mostly in DonChamp, which needs benched Pokemon), and doesn't use your attack for the turn. Take the others out for Cleffas, which add to consistency.

-4 Pichu
+1/2 Collecotr
+2/3 Claffa

Why do you run Throh. That is too much stuff for a speed deck, and Pichu doesn't work well because it helps your opponent. Collectors are better, because you don't help you opponent (mostly in DonChamp, which needs benched Pokemon), and doesn't use your attack for the turn. Take the others out for Cleffas, which add to consistency.

-4 Pichu
+1/2 Collecotr
+2/3 Pichu

@Glaceon
Throh is a Zekrom counter and Pichu is amazing in this deck. But thanks anyway.

@PhoenixA2Z
Thanks, i'll think about.

corabed said:
@sillykyle
Cinccino does help add to the swarm although I could take it out for something... but what?
Dodrio is for free retreating Cinccino and Sunflora if it gets pulled up etc.

@X_empoleon_X
It doesn't feel like it's got to many.
Maybe you could try it on Redshark and then see what you think.

@POKEVORTEX
Mew Prime? I don't see where your coming from.

Sorry I haven't been on for a while but my Email account went dodgy so I didn't know I had more replies.

Mew Prime = you can Lost-Zone a Jumpluff quickly and mimic his attacks by using his PokeBody.

Mewpluff is becoming more common since rotation. You should give it a test - I run it with just Cinccino and it works fine.

Unfortunatly Lost/MewGar is heavily used in my area so it might not work as well as it does for you. But if I have time i'll try it.

ive been rocking this deck since i started playing in january, it rules so much. yanmega is a great partner with pluff

maybe you want to replace the fighting energy with rainbows, there isn't much a 90 HP throh can live that a 100 HP throh can't, and that way they can be used on jumpluff.

Back