• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Jumpluff: A rebirth

corabed

Consistency is Key
Who remembers back before rotation?* Back when SP ruled the roost? Back when ‘the fastest deck wins’?

I remember back then… back then people said that Jumpluff was dead. People said Jumpluff just was not good enough to keep up with the other decks. Only a small hardcore group of people thought that Jumpluff was still living and could still win. And it defiantly was living, and it defiantly could win**. But then, with the birth of Reshiram, Zekrom and the growth of Donphan, Jumpluff died.

However I am focused on giving Jumpluff a rebirth. To make Jumpluff great. To make Jumpluff the fast and powerfull deck it was before. But to do that I need your help. I need the Pokébeach members, I need every single one of you, to give Jumpluff the rebirth he needs.

And so, without further ado, here is the list:

~Pokemon-34~
3-3-3 Jumpluff (All HG/SS)
3-3 Yanmega Prime (All TR)
2-2 Sunflora (HG/SS)
3-3 Cinccino (BW)
4 Pichu (HG/SS)
1-1 Dodrio (UD)
1 Throh

~T/S/S-~15
4 Judge
3 Copycat
3 Professor Elm's Training Method
3 Pokemon Communication
2 Rare Candy
2 Pokemon Collector

~Energy-11~
6 Grass
3 DCE
2 Fighting

~Strategy~
Basically a speed deck.
It works untill you run into something you can't one hit a pokemon or untill Donphan gets stuck active while hurting your bench.

*If you don't i'm worried, it was only the other day
**Maybe not tournments but it can win games. Plus it owns Luxchomp.

P.S. If it helps my league includes: 4-6 Reshiram, 1-2 Zekrom, 2-3 Donphan, 3-4 Feraligator P. variants.

*Applause*

Jumpluff is, by far, one of my favorite decks out there. A variant of it (VilePluff) took me to a 5th at Regionals, my best accomplishment so far. I will happily help it become great again.

First, get rid of Donphan. It's a good hitter against ZPS, for sure, but add a Throh or two from Black and White, and you're sure to one-shot Zekrom every time. Then, you don't have to worry about an active Donphan stuck active. Second, I'd boost up your Yanmega Prime line to 3-3. Same with your Cinccino line. You can cut down your Jumpluff line to 3-3-3 because you have your other main attackers.

And why are you only running 1 Collector?! Even with Pichu, you should at least run two. And you definitely need Rare Candy. And four Communication is far too many.

I'd take out the two rainbow for two more Grass, as Throh is situational, And doesn't need four energy to himself.

-2-2 Donphan
-2 Rainbow Energy
-1 Pokemon Communication
-1-1-1 Jumpluff
-10 Total

+1 Throh
+1-1 Yanmega
+1-1 Cinccino
+1 Pokemon Collector
+2 Rare Candy
+2 Grass Energy
+10 Total

And, just a question: Have you considered Rescue Energy?

Otherwise, your list looks near perfect. I hope it works!

Jumpluff doesn't like over-excessive amount of techs. Jumpluff's best trait was speed, but with this list i fail to see you pulling off a T2 -T3 easily.

-2-2 Yanmega Prime
-2-2 Donphan Prime
-1-1 Cinccino
-1-1 Dodrio
-1 Skiploom
-3 DCE
-2 {F}
-2 Rainbow Energy
(-20)

+4 Rare Candy (a staple card in any stage 2 deck)
+1 Flower Shop Lady (Recovery)
+2 Twin or Black belt
+3 Pokemon Reversal (potential to give you a few cheap KOs)
+2 Junk Arm
+8 {G} Energy

A majority of a fixes are pretty straightforward: I've removed all the stuff that this deck doesn't need (Mainly the pokemon) When you're trying to tech for every single deck you're just going to end up decreasing the consistency of the entire and make the match-ups you were trying to tech for alot harder in the long-run.

Whether you want to play Twins or Black belt is up to you. Seeing as you play Pichu as your prefered starter (Cleffa would be a safer option) there is the chance you'll fall behind on prizes. Search power or extra damage.

Awesome signature, Dec!
Anyway. back on topic.
I really like Minun UL.
34-minun.jpg

He could come in handy here if you can't get a Collector.
EDIT: 700th post. It was 600 a couple of days ago. This is worrying me - I'm too addicted.

Thanks everyone. I will definatly update tomorrow.

@ X_empoleon_X
Before I put in Donphan I could easily get 2 Yanmega, a Jumpluff, a Cinccino and a Sunflora up turn 3. I really don't know why I put in Donphan. It was very stupid of me.

@Decmaster
Thanks that should help alot.

@POKEVORTEX
What should I take out.

^Pichu is a staple in most Jumpluff decks, it may help your opponent but it makes it Easier to get a T2 Jumpluff out to do more Damage.

win, be quiet. Jumpluff was an amazing deck, and
win said:
-60 cards, +60 other cards.
was completely uncalled for. Jumpluff was a top-tier deck, (It could top-cut quite well, for the record), and can still be, because of the amazing synergy with Cinccino. And, if you really don't believe that Jumpluff can win, then why are you posting on a rebirth thread? Also, with experience with Jumpluff, I disagree with most of your advice.

"+6 Grass Energy"
Since when does a Jumpluff/Yanmega Prime deck take 10 energy? I'd say six is maximum.

"+4 Professor Juniper"
I can see how two would maybe help, but I'd disagree with four in any deck, let alone Jumpluff.

"+2 Pokegear 3.0"
This card is only really needed in a deck that absolutely needs one of their supporters first turn, like maybe ZPS.

"-2-2 Cinccino"
Why take out Cinccino? It has wonderful synergy with Jumpluff, both hitting for full benches.

"-3 Professor Elm's Training Method"
The best evolution searcher in the format right now? That PETM? Now, why would that be a good idea?

"-2 Skiploom"
Even with four Rare Candy, You'd need at least three of the Stage One, in my opinion.

"+4 Cleffa/-4 Pichu"
Pichu is by far the better starter in this instance because it allows both players to load up their bench with basics, allowing for maximum damage with Jumpluff/Cinccino.

/Rant

However, this is just my opinion. All final decisions are up to corabed.

EDIT: Wow, double Ninja'd. I am just not a ninja.

For the love of...
I agree with you, Dec, and that post of win's was useless in a thread like this, but as I've menioned MINUN BEATS PICHU! Is everyone ignoring me? Could they at least say why he's worse?

Well, remember that Pichu allows both you and your opponent to fill their bench. And, remember that Jumpluff does damage according to both players bench, so, while Minun would give Jumpluff a minimum of 20, Pichu could give Jumpluff a minimum of 60 damage. Plus, it takes less energy, it renders Pichu near invincible, and, Pichu has no Weakness or Retreat Cost.

Minun is probably better in all decks but Jumpluff.

Bravo! I'm a user of a variant of Jumpluff, Jumpuccino (which can be seen on my signature), and I totally agree! Okay, now onto the rating. Very interesting and clever Donphan Prime tech, but I would take out a Skiploom, and add a Rare Candy.

win said:
Actually, Jumpluff wasn't even a top-tier deck and it probably won't ever be.

Jumpluff top 4'd at worlds. It also had speed that rivaled that of SP decks (luxchomp mainly). It was a tier 1 deck as soon HGSS was released.

Please be mindful of what you say in the future to avoid instances like this

Decmaster said:
And, just a question: Have you considered Rescue Energy?
Charganium, beat you to it. =P

And, as to win, that is why you should put /joke or /sarcasm at the end of something like that to let people know you were joking. Because, on the internet, it is extremely hard to tell a joke from reality. That will help you avoid any misunderstandings in the future. Thanks!

@Decmaster
Well said, (on your second post) and your changes have helped ridiculosly (sp?) well.

@POKEVORTEX
For the same reasons as Decmaster I think Pichu is better for this deck.

@OUPokemon
Thats what I thought...

Also I'm warming to the idea of Rescue Energy, but what could I take out?

*UPDATE*

Hi I've been running Jumpluff since HS was out and this 2 years i has top 5 in national in my country. Major advice, jumpluff is made to be out on the field the faster u can and kill 1 Pokemon every turn. don't focus on to many tool because Jumpluff will be OHKO almost every turn. so just focus on killing 6 pokes first.
Rescue energy is essencial to keep the jumpluff in game. also run every time 4 jumpluff and reduce on the pokemon... cincino is good but not that good in jumpluff... try having less pokemon and more speed engine. also add plus power and other trainers or supporters that increase damage so u can garante an OHKO 99% of the time.

Good Luck with the deck

Back