Contest July's Create-A-Card Contest & June's Winners! (Official Results!)

@Luispipe8, @Celever, @Growlitheguy, @Supa_Hot_Fire, @Wolfiboi, @Kira_Legion, @jessalakasam, @kachitta, @Thewingedmater

Since I didn't get a 1-week warning out due to spending my day flying... this is your official 6-day warning! The final day of submissions for this month's contest is coming up this Thursday, August 6th at midnight US Pacific time.

All qualifying submissions (that I've seen) have been linked in the sign-ups list now. If your name is listed in this post, this means that either you still need to complete and post your entry before the deadline, I've missed your entry (in which case, please post again and link me to it! >.>), or your entry was invalid for breaking one or more of our rules and you should check your PMs for details and resubmit a valid entry.

We've had a really nice turn out so far, so thank you everyone! :) I'll be back again with a 24 hour warning next week~

I know this is kinda late, but can I use Sableye? It's no more humanoid than Banette (which has been allowed).

The basis for Sableye is a type of goblin, which is a living, animate object, so I'd say no. Banette is equally humanoid in appearance, yes, but it's origin is based on a doll, which does fit the criteria.

Bisharp is partly based on steel blades, but just as a theme on the stereotypical sentai genre villains (power rangers, etc.).

Whether or not that means you can consider it inanimate or not, I don't know.

Bisharp - Dual Type - Darkness/Metal - HP90
Stage 1 - Evolves from Pawniard
This Pokemon is both [D][M]

Ability: Defiant:
This Pokemon's attacks cost [C] less for each of your opponent's [D] or [M] Pokemon in play with more HP than Bisharp.

[D][C][C] Knock Off: 80+
If the Defending Pokemon has a Pokemon Tool card attached to it, this attack does 40 more damage. Then, discard all Pokemon Tool cards attached to the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: [R][F] x2
Resistance: [P] -40
Retreat: [C]

This pitiless Pokémon commands a group of Pawniard to hound prey into immobility. It then moves in to finish the prey off.

Explanation/Sources: I really liked the dual typing found in Delta Species, and Dual Type is basically reintroducing that mechanic with the Pokemons' actual types (This Pokemon is both [type][type] is wording taken from Delta Species cards). The Ability Defiant is a spin on an ability Bisharp actually gets (Drifblim PLB 35 for wording). Knock Off, which is a move Bisharp is often seen using, functions much the same as its VG counterpart: does 1.5 damage if the opponent has an item (Pokemon Tool card here) and removes said item. The 80 damage is to Justify (pun intended) the high attack cost and to make Defiant useful (and yes, Pokemon Tool card is actually the correct way to say Pokemon Tool {screw you, Theta Double}). The weakness is pretty self-explanatory, and rather than give a double resistance, I just doubled the resistance TCG Bisharp of both types get.

Stage 1// Drifblim / HP100
TCGWhite

425.png
Evolves from Drifloon

drifblim.gif

NO. 426/Blimp Pokémon/HT: 1.2m/WT: 15.0kg

SF-Ability
Shadow Drift

Damage from each of your
TCGMind
Pokémon's attacks isn't affected by any effects on your opponent's Active Pokémon.

TCGWhite
TCGWhite
Wandering Souls

Flip a coin. If heads, shuffle your hand into your deck and draw a number of cards equal to the number of cards in your opponent's hand. If tails, your opponent shuffles his or her hand into his or her deck and draws a number of cards equal to the number of cards in your hand.

Weakness:
TCGDark
x2
Resistance:
TCGRock
Retreat:
TCGWhite

It carries people and Pokémon when it flies. But since it only drifts, it can end up anywhere.

AW10
30px-SetSymbolPromo.png

References:
Hydreigon-EX
Spiritomb LTR
Red Card

Well, since I had a soft spot for Drifblim because of a recent tournament I attended and played it, I thought I might as well and make a card out of it. Type, W/R are standard for Ghost-types, and Drifblim being a Flying-type further confirms that Resistance. This card is meant to be just a support Pokémon, like Spritomb LTR is, to name an example. A great supporting Ability and an attack that can work in a myriad of ways: setup, disruption, to help your opponent... I just liked the effect and wanted to apply it to a card. Again, a sorta last minute entry since I'm away from home, but I hope I can do well this month as well. :p

B1vzciL.png

If basic evolutionary Pokemon could have EX's, here would be one of them; Spheal EX rolling in with his water EX card.

By Thewingedmater ( Wing) (Me)

note - a few areas were left unedited due to time restraints

@Celever, @Growlitheguy, @Kira_Legion, @jessalakasam, @kachitta

Attention all entrants, this is your last reminder! The final day of submissions for this month's contest is Thursday, August 6th at midnight US Pacific time, approximately 20 hours from the time of this post.

All qualifying submissions (that I've seen) have been linked in the sign-ups list now. If your name is listed in this post, this means that either you still need to complete and post your entry before the deadline, I've missed your entry (in which case, please post again and link me to it! >.>), or your entry was invalid for breaking one or more of our rules and you should check your PMs for details and resubmit a valid entry.

Because we are now passed the dropout deadline, any entrants who do not submit will be ineligible to participate in the next 4 CaC contests, so please make sure to get your entry in if you haven't already!

B1vzciL.png

If basic evolutionary Pokemon could have EX's, here would be one of them; Spheal EX rolling in with his water EX card.

By Thewingedmater ( Wing) (Me)

note - a few areas were left unedited due to time restraints
How is Spheal an inanimate object? It's a seal.

also, @kachitta, that art is gorgeous.

And the Contest is officially closed! Thank you everyone for participating; this was really an amazing turnout!

Official Judging Results will be posted next week along with next month's contest, but in the meantime, it's time for Fan Voting! Please vote for your favourite entries in text-based and/or image-based categories. You don't have to be an entrant to vote; spectators should give their voice, too! To view all entries, you may click on the contestant's name in the sign-up post and it will bring you to the post containing their entry.

We are using a new voting form for this month's contest! In addition to not allowing multiple votes, this form is also a bit fancier in general. One of the nice things is that it let me make links in the entries themselves, so you can now click directly on the options in the poll form to see the entries. Hopefully this will make voting an easier process for everyone.

Click here to access the Image-Based voting form
Click here to access the Text-Based voting form

If you do not wish to submit your vote over the form, you instead have the option to submit it over the forums by sending me a PM.

Fan Voting ends on Sunday, August 9th at Midnight, PDT, so you have approximately 3 days to get your vote in.

Fan Voting Results!

Image-Based:
1st Place: [TIE] bbninjas and BigfootAUS, kachitta - 3 points
2nd Place: [TIE] Jabberwock, Zygarde - 2 points
3rd Place: [TIE] Professors Light & Palutena, CCKho007, nintendo jr - 1 point

Text-Based:
1st Place: [TIE] Luispipe8. thegroyvlekid - 2 points
2nd Place: [TIE] Vom, SeventhPrize, Squirtle Squad - 1 point

Stay tuned for our judges winners! The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be announced along with the new contest post, with detailed critiquing for all entrants following after.

Back