Contest July's Create-A-Card Contest & June's Winners! (Official Results!)

Drat, I really killed myself on the wording. Still, I'll take fifth over last month's third! Wait, no, you got fourth. :p

Can't wait for next month's!

It looks like my curse of always getting 2nd place has carried over to image portion too xD

Congrats everyone! It was a nice competition this week!

I'm sorry but I laughed when I saw that the highest text based score had 40.5 points. I think the entries or judging were off this month in that category.

In any case most of my deductions were based off of fonts/placement/aetheistics. Therefore I will no longer compete in the image based portion of Image CAC. Hello text based! :D

I need to stop hogging 3rd place and start working my way up. >_<

I'm glad the results are in, and I understand the criticism on foil effects, though I don't think there are too many for a Mega. TPCi does crazy stuff with foil effects all the time.

Thanks to all participating as well as the judges, and looking forward to next month! :)

*Jabberwock resolves to make the 2nd and 3rd place text-based entries into image cards, like PMJ does with 1st*
*Jabberwock sees that @Vom placed 3rd*
*Jabberwock looks at Vom's entry*
*Jabberwock cries*

Vom. NEVER put that much text in a card again. :p

I did have to make a few edits to allow it to fit, but I finally managed it with 12 pt. font (16 pt is the normal size, for reference).

vimV7RR.png

Luis, yours was noticeably easier. ;)

YgwoSov.png

Y'know, my Dedenne from last month would have fit quite nicely So many words. Theme decks don't need to come with magnifying glasses. :p

Wow, I managed to not notice the results were up Dx Title needs updating >:L
Congrats everyone!
Also, 1 point away... ;_;

*Jabberwock resolves to make the 2nd and 3rd place text-based entries into image cards, like PMJ does with 1st*
*Jabberwock sees that @Vom placed 3rd*
*Jabberwock looks at Vom's entry*
*Jabberwock cries*

Vom. NEVER put that much text in a card again. :p

I did have to make a few edits to allow it to fit, but I finally managed it with 12 pt. font (16 pt is the normal size, for reference).

vimV7RR.png

Luis, yours was noticeably easier. ;)

YgwoSov.png
Lol. I'll see what I can do next month ;)
Nice cards though, I'd love to see TPCi's reaction :V

Omygosh i never knew wording was so particular and strict lost 9 points from it ;( otherwise may have won something at 35..
When is the next create a card contest?

Yeah, the attack on our Doublade was supposed to be better but then we realized we ran out of space on the card. ._.

Doublade wasn't even our first card.

Klefki_zpswyufkzgn.png

And that's the short version of the card. Now you all know why I was so pissed at text entries having no limitations. That's realistic, yes.

You don't need to judge this one, spoon.

@kachitta Your judging is edited into the results post now! Sorry for the delay, and thanks for your patience. <3

There will indeed be another CaC Contest, but it's unfortunately been delayed. We hope to have it running as soon as we can, and we'll let you guys know when we have more information.

I thought the text-based entries were, by and large, pretty good. 40.5/50 is about 80-85% I believe, so I don't think that's unduly low at all.

Some of us haven't been making fakes as long as some of the other regulars on this forum, so of course we're not going to be as experienced- especially with wording, which is where quite a few entries (including mine) slipped up.

It's a little unfair to laugh at that sort of thing, because we're always trying to improve.

I thought the text-based entries were, by and large, pretty good. 40.5/50 is about 80-85% I believe, so I don't think that's unduly low at all.

Some of us haven't been making fakes as long as some of the other regulars on this forum, so of course we're not going to be as experienced- especially with wording, which is where quite a few entries (including mine) slipped up.

It's a little unfair to laugh at that sort of thing, because we're always trying to improve.
The standard for text-based a while back was actually the same as that in the image based if not higher, ~45-48. There has been a huge influx of a newer text fakers while those that often won competitions have since left. This simply has caused the standard to drop, and I expect it to grow in the near future as people get more experienced (and hopefully take the criticism to improve).

I've certainly noticed improvements in your work in particular, Ms Hugo, which is pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. Don't get discouraged! :3

• All numbers are always written in numerical form. No 'ones', you must use '1'.
  • And proof read. Many entries can be improved by two or so points at least by checking for spelling, formatting and grammar errors.

I always appreciate the in-depth criticism posted in these contests; I like that the judges take so much time to go over every entry, and it certainly helped me improve my entry for this time.

It's weird because I get so discouraged in every other thing I do- these contests just make me want to enter the next one and do better!

Back