July 'CoroCoro' Scans Leaking [7/11]

Weyard

Aspiring Trainer
We came to the conclusion that it was Chirimii battling Wooguru. Because it kinda resembles his ears, but doesn't look like anything else.

Kipper

Aspiring Trainer
Oh hey, in reference to the possibility of Mamepato evolving into Wooguru... According to Serebii, Wooguru's abilities are Keen Eye (which Mamepato has, I believe) and Encourage. If that's the case, what happened to Mamepato's Pigeon Heart ability? Would they really showcase a new, (presumably) unique ability only for it to be replaced after evolution?

SinnohTrainer17

ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
Chipmunk on Caffine/Minezumi: I like the design, I'm just really terrified of the way its eyes look, as if it's about to commit homicide :O
Kibago/Larvitar Cousin: I am a fan of this one, hopefully it evolves into something completely amazing.
Koromori/Zubat Cousin: Its alrite, I just hope Isshu isn't overpopulated with it like every region is overpopulated in Zubat.
Musharna/Munna Evo: A little creepy, as of now if it has a 2nd stage I'm expecting it to be a purple elephant xD
Wooguru/War Eagle: This, this bird right here, just might be the coolest thing I have seen out of generation 5 so far. The only bummer is that it isn't flying/fighting. But that doesn't prevent me from wanting to be near the top of my team :D This will definitely be my avatar xD

shinyshadow

Aspiring Trainer
swimfastray said:
OMG MEE TOO!

Ok so Shinyshadow's idea is interesting but I have a slight suggestion. Let's make it simpler and just say that Cheren becomes the rival because Makomo and Araragi have a dispute, but Cheren and Makomo do not join Team Plasma. At least it gives good backstory to how you became rivals, even though I doubt this is anything close to what really happens in the games.

yeah good idea but i really knew my idea wasn't going to happen,i just wanted to sort out everything i thought and it gives a good story that involves all the bridges and rivals and such and it is pretty advanced for pokemon and i wanted to see if i can get some suggestions then re-write it better but really to see if people liked the story or not and i was carefully to say "create" because of zekroms looks and type it seems very machine-like thanks again!

valriefaery

Aspiring Trainer
You goys're probably right. The eagle pokemon looks kinda like Quilamon,but it has a same head band of Garudamon.
Look closer,
http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Garudamon

I surprised they made a another Baku pokemon. My guess's Mumma's a female counter part of Drownee.

I hope they'll make alter evolutions of Clefairy & Pikachu. If they does make Clefairy,I hope they'll make her into actaully a fairy,it looks like this
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=Faerie#/di0vt4. For Pikachu's,he'll evolve into a mouseteer(like a mouse knight or something like that).

Anyway,Isn't that Cheren guy's also in Best Wishes preview? http://pokebeach.com/2010/07/preview-of-black-and-white-anime-new-pokemon-revealed

orkoni1

Aspiring Trainer
Kipper said:
Has anyone saying Munna -> Musharna -> Drowzee -> Hypno realized that Drowzee has awful stats? It means that Munna (and maybe Musharna) would most likely have even worse stats than SUNKERN. Even if it went Munna -> Drowzee or Musharna, that'd make Musharna pretty useless in-battle unless it evolved again... and if Hypno is any indication, Musharna 2.0 wouldn't be particularly good either.

I know that they can and will make sub-par Pokemon every generation, but given their efforts to make the early Pokemon more powerful (Staraptor and Luxray, for example. Even Bibarel has some amazing abilities), I like to think they wouldn't show us a weak, useless pre-evo without explicitly stating that it is one. Come to think of it, have they ever revealed a pre-evo without saying it is one? Or a new evolution for that matter (like Electivire and Roserade)? I only paid attention to 4th gen pre-release stuff, so I'm not sure.

Edit: Oh, and I loooooooove the new eagle guy. I went through a phase a few years back where I was just in love with birds of all kinds. While I got over it, I still have tons of respect and admiration for them, so yeah, I'm very pleased. I just kinda wish it were Fighting/Flying, since that's the only type Flying hasn't been paired with, and it could totally work for this one.

OMG totally love the flying/fighting combo for it! I really hope this is it :D

orkoni1

Aspiring Trainer
Mewtwo Is the Best said:
nah, they release the early game pokemon first most of the time and I always use the begining of the game pokemon sorry but I'm not changing my lineup unless shimama is somehow only catchable later on. Also don't call me cute I'm a 27 year old power lifter and have been kickboxing for a decade, not very cute

LOL!!! "Hot" would probably fit the bill then hahaha!

I'm gonna go for Mr Piggy def, then Shimama and the croc as well as the eagle, Can't wait!!!

Need to see the evos to the starters XD

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Minezumi to me looks as if he could be the Pre-Evolved form of Bidoof. It's the tooth that helped me with that opinion for the Pokémon.

Timeshift

Aspiring Trainer
So far, I'm impressed with the new pokemon. I've heard this CoroCoro is supposed to contain a lot of info, so I'm hoping they'll reveal at least the first stage evos of the starters and the evil team (Team Plasma?). I also think we're due to get some information about the storyline in B/W :D

Jigglychu

Awaiting 5th Gen
I really like Wooguru/Wargle and Free Fall.

I like Musharna too. I wonder how Dream Smoke works.

And oh, the pic is too blurry to tell for sure, but some folks at SPPf say Kibago might be Dragon-type.

Shibayama

Aspiring Trainer
Pretty sure Munna/Musharna are not evos/pre-evos/offshoots of Drowzee because they're based off different things. Drowzee is based of the legendary Baku creature while the new pokemon are based off traditional Japanese insense burners called Koro.

People in Japan tend to light these in Japan to keep bugs away from them while they sleep. They are traditionally popularly shaped like a pig and can have patterns painted on them like such - and sorry the image is so small but I thought it would make more sense if you saw the floral pattern like Munna has.

CER-0000772_1_small.jpg

Wargle (which is how it should be romanized, despite sounding silly - from katakana you would pronounce that as "Uo-garu" thus making it, as was already said, a combination of war and eagle in engrish, not "woo-goo-roo")
I'm not sure about this one though. It would be strange for pigeons like Mamepato and Hatopu to evolve into an eagle but stranger things have happened *coughremoraidcough*.

Also pretty sure that Kibago evolves into that large green mantis pokemon that was shown in a double battle awhile back.

To be honest I'm most concerned with koromori. Is that its nose... or a monocular eyeball? Seeing the two tufts of hair next to it, it could either be its eyes ala piloswine or just showing that it has a extra fluff around that area. It was the image of it shooting the heart-shaped beam that confused me, because it would seem odd for it to fire nose lazers, but then again, it could just be based off of a hognozed bat. *shrugs*

wafiazizul

~Master of Illusion~
minezumi looks better in sugimori arts,,,i thought he showed punch in the sprites pic, but he actually is looking for something~ haha :D

Irishkappa208

Crystal Bearer
Remenber when they said the charcter's were going to be older in this version? and we get 3 rivals, or friends, and in the pic the room is all messy?
Well, here's my theory -IT'S A FRATERNITY! and there all college students (maybe Princeton, lol).
4fx1rl.png

maybe now you have to graduate before becoming a pokemon trainer :p

PKMidori

Pokemon Trainer
Irishkappa208 said:
Remenber when they said the charcter's were going to be older in this version? and we get 3 rivals, or friends, and in the pic the room is all messy?
Well, here's my theory -IT'S A FRATERNITY! and there all college students (maybe Princeton, lol).
4fx1rl.png

maybe now you have to graduate before becoming a pokemon trainer :p

I Hope with all my heart you're wrong xD

Annihilator27

Aspiring Trainer
Man I wish Wooguru was fighting/flying. Way too many normal/flying. Its my 3rd favorite type, Fighting is the last pair for it to appear in.

wafiazizul said:
minezumi looks better in sugimori arts,i thought he showed punch in the sprites pic, but he actually is looking for something~ haha :D

I thought he was shaking It's fist lol. It's probably looking for some seedot to open a can of whoop ass on.

ShayminSky

I see what you did there...
Mewtwo Is the Best said:
Also don't call me cute I'm a 27 year old power lifter and have been kickboxing for a decade, not very cute

Congrats, you can't take a joke.

I really like Musharna and (Yu)Bera. And Wooguru as well. I can't wait for Thursday!