July 'CoroCoro' Scans Leaking [7/11]

Wolf616

Aspiring Trainer
Mewtwo Is the Best said:
why are they making the eagle, an american symbol, into a war bird. WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY ABOUT AMERICA, JAPAN?

The eagle has been a symbol of war for a long time... Besides, it might not even be a bald eagle. There are eagle species in Europe and Africa too.

Dragonlord251

One of the most annoying people on PB:)
Why is everyone obsessed with a Drowzee pre evo?
No one actually likes Drowzee..... do they?

burningcharizard

Fire Pokémon Master
How I see this "N" guy is as I said earlier, in Death Note," L" is Light's friend, but is also spying on him.

This guy may be pretending to be friendly dressed as a trainer and being a bit of a rival but secretly is spying on the trainer etc.

Valtron

Aspiring Trainer
Dragonlord251 said:

Well Hypno is awesome. >:U He's Houdini the Pokemon.

Wolf616

Aspiring Trainer
I like Drowzee. But Munna is not a Drowzee pre-evo. -_- Seriously people. Let it go! It evolves into Musharna and looks nothing like Drowzee.

ManhattanTheStarr

:<>
Dragonlord251 said:

Because they believe it being a tapir and a Psychic-type makes it Drowzee's pre-evo. You don't see Meowth evolving into Skitty, right? Get over it already. u_u

Mewtwo Is the Best

Aspiring Trainer
Wolf616 said:
The eagle has been a symbol of war for a long time... Besides, it might not even be a bald eagle. There are eagle species in Europe and Africa too.

no I think japan is making fun of president bush. Very bad, I'm betting the war eagle won't be in the american version of the game

dwarfstar123

Dwarf stars are small blue and HOT!
i think Musharna might be shaped as a flower petal. like the pink in the center of the flower, and the purple is the petal. Im adding this thing to my team. i need a dream eating pokemon, cause i like dream eater along with hypnosis, but that does not mean it will know dream eater, or hypnosis. I feel Musharna is incomplete. (not a drowzee evo)

Mangriff

Blue-Eyed Trainer
Mewtwo Is the Best said:
no I think japan is making fun of president bush. Very bad, I'm betting the war eagle won't be in the american version of the game

Um. That's like saying Kangaskhan is Japan making fun of Australia by saying they're all females.

It's just a really cool bird Pokemon with colours that happen to be on the USA flag. Even if it is inspired by America somehow, it looks like one of the most powerful ones revealed yet, bar the legendaries. All Pokemon fight or "war" anyway =S

cocowoushi

The Voice of Logic
Poor, poor Mamepato. There goes your shot of all but 5% using you in game.

I glad we're going to learn more about N and Cheren. I'm really liking Cheren (I had a feeling he was a boy!). Pretty safe to assume that Makomo is his mother. I wonder if Belle is even a rival/friend who battles you. I mean, we see battle screens with Cheren and N, but none for her (yet). I think she might just be a "Lyra"-like friend.

SQUIRTLETamer08

Rain Dance
cocowoushi said:
Who is the other female rival? White? They haven't exactly confirmed that Black/White will be your rival if you pick the opposite sex.

No I couldnt tell if Cheren was a boy or a girl. If it is a he great, that adds some diversity, but Cheren did end up a girl, she along with the other rival, the professor and another important female character seems like a bit too much.

Cheren in as hard for me to figure out as Bugsy. lol

Wolf616

Aspiring Trainer
Mewtwo Is the Best said:

You know, when I think of an eagle and war, this is the first thing that comes to mind:
nazi_eagle_black.gif

It's only related to America if you believe it is.

cocowoushi

The Voice of Logic
SQUIRTLETamer08 said:
No I couldnt tell if Cheren was a boy or a girl. If it is a he great, that adds some diversity, but Cheren did end up a girl, she along with the other rival, the professor and another important female character seems like a bit too much.

Pretty sure it's been confirmed that Cheren is male.

Kipper

Aspiring Trainer
Has anyone saying Munna -> Musharna -> Drowzee -> Hypno realized that Drowzee has awful stats? It means that Munna (and maybe Musharna) would most likely have even worse stats than SUNKERN. Even if it went Munna -> Drowzee or Musharna, that'd make Musharna pretty useless in-battle unless it evolved again... and if Hypno is any indication, Musharna 2.0 wouldn't be particularly good either.

I know that they can and will make sub-par Pokemon every generation, but given their efforts to make the early Pokemon more powerful (Staraptor and Luxray, for example. Even Bibarel has some amazing abilities), I like to think they wouldn't show us a weak, useless pre-evo without explicitly stating that it is one. Come to think of it, have they ever revealed a pre-evo without saying it is one? Or a new evolution for that matter (like Electivire and Roserade)? I only paid attention to 4th gen pre-release stuff, so I'm not sure.

Edit: Oh, and I loooooooove the new eagle guy. I went through a phase a few years back where I was just in love with birds of all kinds. While I got over it, I still have tons of respect and admiration for them, so yeah, I'm very pleased. I just kinda wish it were Fighting/Flying, since that's the only type Flying hasn't been paired with, and it could totally work for this one.

PokemonChampion

Stronger Than You
SQUIRTLETamer08 said:

Cheren is a boy. Read the front page.

Sephiru

Aspiring Pokémon Professor
I really like the green jelly blob...I want one. X3
And I like the lolita tower too. I'll catch one of those.

Wolf616

Aspiring Trainer
Fiveoclock said:
Well, it IS red, white, and blue. So that gives a bit of a hint. :)

So are the Dutch and French flags. :p They are quite common colours to be used together.

dwarfstar123

Dwarf stars are small blue and HOT!
Makomo looks like she can care too much. and go over board with caring. and she might own a munna, she has a flower clip in her hair, but the color is different. IMO

ManhattanTheStarr

:<>
cocowoushi said:
Poor, poor Mamepato. There goes your shot of all but 5% using you in game.

I glad we're going to learn more about N and Cheren. I'm really liking Cheren (I had a feeling he was a boy!). Pretty safe to assume that Makomo is his mother. I wonder if Belle is even a rival/friend who battles you. I mean, we see battle screens with Cheren and N, but none for her (yet). I think she might just be a "Lyra"-like friend.

Which is exactly what I'm fearing. I'm getting tired of all the female characters just being useless helpers, and never even battling you. We really need more diversity with the female characters this time. >.>