TCG Fakes Jax's Toolbox [Home of the XY Reboot: Request a Character!]

Discussion in 'Creative Works' started by GadgetJax, Sep 3, 2014.

1. GadgetJax Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
    GadgetJax

Basic - Honedge - HP60 - [M]
    [​IMG]

[M] [C] Slash 20

Weakness: [R]
    Resistance: [P]
    Retreat: [C] [C]
    Stage 1 - Doublade - HP90 - [M]
    Evolves from Honedge
    [​IMG]
    [M] [C] Cutlass Draw 20
    Draw 2 cards.

Stage 2 - Aegislash - HP140 - [M]
    Evolves from Doublade
    [​IMG]
    [M] [C] Energy Slash 40
    Attach up to 2 [M] Energy cards from your hand to 1 of your Pokemon.

[M] [C] [C] Guard Press 60
    During your opponent's next turn, any damage done by attacks to this Pokemon is reduced by 20 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

[M] [M] [C] [C] Bursting Blade 80+
    You may discard all [M] Energy attached to this Pokemon. If you do, this attack does 60 more damage.

Retreat: [C] [C] [C]

Reggie McGigas likes this.

2. GadgetJax Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
    GadgetJax

Okay, we're close to finishing!

Basic - Flabebe - HP40 - [Y]
    [​IMG]
    [C] [C] Fairy Wind 20

Weakness: [M]
    Resistance: [N]
    Retreat: [C]
    Stage 1 - Floette - HP70 - [Y]
    Evolves from Flabebe
    [​IMG]
    [C] [C] Energy Sprout 30
    Attach a basic Energy card from your hand to 1 of your Pokemon.

Stage 2 - Florges - HP110 - [Y]
    Evolves from Floette
    [​IMG]
    Ability Peaceful Air
    Each player may draw 2 cards instead of 1 at the beginning of his or her turn.

[C] [C] Garden March 20x
    This attack does 20 damage times the number of [G] and [Y] Energy attached to all of your Pokemon.

3. GadgetJax Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
    GadgetJax

I'm completely fine with Muscle Band's power level because pretty much every deck has access to it, but I wanted to try and make a version of it that feels a bit less staple-esque.

Trainer - Item
    Assault Vest
    [​IMG]
    Pokemon Tool - Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn't already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

The attacks of the Pokemon this card is attached aren't affected by Resistance and do 10 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokemon (before applying Weakness).

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before you attack).

As for why I chose Assault Vest of all things, it's because it was the only combat-related Gen 6 Item I could really think of.

4. Jabberwock #Jovimohnaeliackvid
    Jabberwock

Weakness Policy, Safety Goggles, Luminous Moss, Snowball, Pixie Plate and Fairy Gem are all combat-related held items in Generation 6.

Assault Vest is interesting. I like that it's better than Muscle Band in some situations, and worse in others. I'd definitely say it's not a staple, which is I think what you were going for, but I also don't know too much about the format you're building in. It's your cards and only your cards, right? Muscle Band doesn't exist?

GadgetJax likes this.
  5. GadgetJax Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
    GadgetJax

Correct. The only cards you can confirm DO exist in this format are Black/White, Emerging Powers, Noble Victories, and my XY stuff thus far.

bbninjas likes this.
  6. Serpens Aspiring Trainer
    Serpens

So the whole BW block after Noble Victories does not exist anymore in this format?

7. GadgetJax Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
    GadgetJax

Well, this is where it gets wierd. You see, my whole XY Reboot goes off of the notion that the EX phase never happened, so when considering the following sets...

-Next Destinies
    -Dark Explorers
    -Dragon's Exalted
    -Boundaries Crossed
    -Plasma Storm/Freeze/Blast
    -Legendary Treasures

...as void. We could always go off the theory that those sets are in their original formatting, just without EX's, but lots of those cards from those sets are designed to do things like counter EX's or are built with higher damage outputs due to the HP influx on EX's. So, it's just up to your imagination to think what Next Destinies through Legendary Treasures would have been like without EX's.

8. Serpens Aspiring Trainer
    Serpens

Hmm... You know what, It would probably make more sense for it if it kept EX phase of BW, but have something along the lines of a mid-season rotation(These happened before), but it's you who decide and whatnot.

9. GadgetJax Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
    GadgetJax

Basic - Pumpkaboo - HP60 - [G]
    [​IMG]
    [C] Night Growth
    Heal 20 damage from this Pokemon.

[G] [C] [C] Solar Beam 30

Resistance:
    Stage 1 - Gourgeist - HP100 - [G]
    Evolves from Pumpkaboo
    [​IMG]
    [C] [C] Spectral Fade 30+
    You may do 50 more damage. If you do, put this Pokemon and all cards attached to it into the Lost Zone.

[G] [C] [C] Grass Knot 30+
    This attack does 20 more damage for each [C] in your opponent's Active Pokemon's Retreat Cost.

Resistance:

10. thegrovylekid Makes fake cards
    thegrovylekid

Opponent's Active Pokémon's should be Defending.

bbninjas likes this.
  11. GadgetJax Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
    GadgetJax

Actually, the term 'Defending' is only used in XY when the card in mind applies a temporary effect on 1 single Pokemon. For example, Corner on Zoroark XY prevents the Pokemon hit by the attack from retreating:

http://pokebeach.com/media/Zoroark-XY-73.jpg

...while a card like Beartic FUF uses the wording 'Active' since the attack only does damage.

http://pokebeach.com/media/Beartic-Furious-Fists-22.jpg

bbninjas likes this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?