TCG Fakes Jax's Toolbox [Home of the XY Reboot: Request a Character!]

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
The only Stadium I ever recall being released that interacted with the Lost Zone was Lost World if I recall. Please let me know if there were others.

Trainer - Stadium
Terminus Cave

200px-Terminus_Cave_1F_Entrance_XY.png

Whenever either player draws a Prize card, that card is put in the Lost Zone instead of his or her hand.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes in play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can't play this card.

Makes you want to think twice about beating an EX with a Delta Dragonite, huh? Nah, just kidding. No EX's in this format, remember?

GadgetJax

Golurk, the impassible wall. Well, not really.

Basic - Golett - HP90 - [P]
622.png

[P] [P] Dynamic Punch 20+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 more damage and your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Confused.

Weakness: [D]
Resistance: [F]
Retreat: [C] [C] [C]
Stage 1 - Golurk - HP140 - [P]
Evolves from Golett
623.png

[P] [C] Raging Hammer 20+
This attack does 10 more damage for each damage counter on this Pokemon.

[P] [P] [C] [C] Giga Impact 100
This Pokemon can't attack during your next turn.

Weakness: [D]
Resistance: [F]
Retreat: [C] [C] [C]
Basic - Wobbuffet - HP100 - [P]
202.png

[C] [C] Patience Warning 30
Whenever your opponent plays an Item card (excluding Pokemon Tools) from his or her hand during his or her next turn, prevent all effects of that card done to your [P] Pokemon.

[P] [P] [C] Head Knock 90
This attack does 30 damage to 1 of your Benched Pokemon. (don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

Weakness: [P]
Resistance:
Retreat: [C] [C]

I can imagine the illustration for that Wobbuffet card being a picture of him holding up a stop sign while glaring at an Ace Trainer that's holding a Poke-ball. If anyone drew something like that, I would be so amazed.

Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Here ya go, Jax.
t0NORdB.png
Sorry it's a big image, and for the lack of shading present in pretty much all my art. I made an image-based card for it with your text, too (hope you don't mind):
Im8dr98.png

GadgetJax

Here ya go, Jax.
t0NORdB.png
Sorry it's a big image, and for the lack of shading present in pretty much all my art. I made an image-based card for it with your text, too (hope you don't mind):
Im8dr98.png

Awesome, man! Love the illustration a ton!

GadgetJax

Obviously, you can't have a set without some kind of new Pokemon Tool. This one is part of the Y Expansion...

Trainer - Item
Zoom Lens
Dream_Zoom_Lens_Sprite.png

Pokemon Tool - Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn't already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

The attacks of the Pokemon this card is attached to aren't affected by any effects on your opponent's Pokemon.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before you attack).

Now all I gotta do is come up with a Pokemon that has some kind of Safeguard-esque ability so Zoom Lens actually has a competitive use!

GadgetJax

Ditto.

Basic - Surskit - HP40 - [G]
283.png

[C] [C] Twirling Sign 10
Your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Confused.

Weakness: [R]
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]
Stage 1 - Masquerain - HP90 - [G]
Evolves from Surskit
284.png

Ability
Transparent Shield
Prevent all damage done to this Pokemon by your opponent's [C] & [N] Pokemon.

[C] [C] Whirlwind 30
You may have your opponent switch his or her Active Pokemon with 1 of his or her Benched Pokemon.

Resistance:
Retreat:

GadgetJax

I made Lagging Tail to give a reason for Wobbuffet to even be played at a pre-release (kind of a lame excuse, but it can be double-edged by an opposing Tierno, so that makes it interesting.)
Poke Puff works kind of like Repeat Ball. If you have a Flaaffy, a Mareep, and a Bergmite in play, your options for searching would be Ampharos, Flaaffy, and Avalugg. Who doesn't like those little boosts to Stage 2 decks?
Lagging Tail is in Y. Poke Puff is in X.

Trainer - Item
Lagging Tail
Dream_Lagging_Tail_Sprite.png

Your opponent's Active Pokemon's Retreat Cost is [C] more until the end of your opponent's next turn.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn(before you attack).
Trainer - Item
Poke Puff
Poke_Puff_Deluxe_Mint_Sprite.png

Search your deck for a card that evolves from 1 of your Pokemon in play, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn(before you attack).

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Well, {D} can't be used because of Darkness, {R} can't be used because of Fire, {G} can't be used because of Grass, and vowels (arguably with the exception of {Y} for Fairy) just aren't used. That leaves {N}.

Lagging Tail's interesting, but would it not be better off as a mechanic similar to a Team Flare Tool?

GadgetJax

Basic - Girafarig - HP100 - [P]
203.png

[C] [C] Mental Match 20+
If this Pokemon and your opponent's Active Pokemon have the same amount of Energy attached to them, this attack does 20 more damage and the Defending Pokemon can't attack during your opponent's next turn.

[P] [P] [C] Angry Stomp 60+
If this Pokemon has any damage counters on it, this attack does 30 more damage.

Resistance:
Basic - Croagunk - HP50 - [F]
453.png

[C] Steady Punch 10+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 10 more damage.

[F] [C] Poison Jab 20
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Poisoned.

Resistance:
Stage 1 - Toxicroak - HP90 - [F]
Evolves from Croagunk
454.png

[F] [C] Toxic
Your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Poisoned. Put 4 damage counters instead of 1 on that Pokemon inbetween turns.

[F] [C] [C] Tag Team Slam 60+
This attack does 10 more damage for each Supporter card in your discard pile.

Resistance:
Retreat:

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Ditto.

Basic - Surskit - HP40 - [G]
283.png

[C] [C] Twirling Sign 10
Your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Confused.

Resistance:
Stage 1 - Masquerain - HP90 - [G]
Evolves from Surskit
284.png

Ability
Transparent Shield
Prevent all damage done to this Pokemon by your opponent's [C] & [N] Pokemon.

[C] [C] Whirlwind 30
You may have your opponent switch his or her Active Pokemon with 1 of his or her Benched Pokemon.

Resistance:
Retreat:
Love the cards, but type hate isn't fun. What happens if some kid walks into his first tournament using a Pure dragon type deck and has to face Masquarein?

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
The same thing can be said for Safeguarders. If a kid builds a deck out of solely EX's, thinking it should be easy because he has so many powerful Pokémon, and then runs into one Suicune or Sigilyph, it's the same situation.
Also, I think anyone playing with all the different Energy types needed for a pure-Dragon deck would have a hard time winning even without Masquerain.
In addition, Masquerain's attack isn't that great, so it's not like it'll tear through a Dragon deck in seconds. The Dragon deck has a hope of decking out the Masquerain player, if nothing else.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
The same thing can be said for Safeguarders. If a kid builds a deck out of solely EX's, thinking it should be easy because he has so many powerful Pokémon, and then runs into one Suicune or Sigilyph, it's the same situation.
Also, I think anyone playing with all the different Energy types needed for a pure-Dragon deck would have a hard time winning even without Masquerain.
In addition, Masquerain's attack isn't that great, so it's not like it'll tear through a Dragon deck in seconds. The Dragon deck has a hope of decking out the Masquerain player, if nothing else.
That is a different case. EXs are OP. If you like, it is a privilege to run an OP EX-based deck. And I would have no idea how a kid would get that many EXs in the first place.

But Grovyle is right - type hate isn't that fun. Unless Gadget has a plan to balance that, of course...

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
That is a different case. EXs are OP. If you like, it is a privilege to run an OP EX-based deck. And I would have no idea how a kid would get that many EXs in the first place.

But Grovyle is right - type hate isn't that fun. Unless Gadget has a plan to balance that, of course...
It's not that difficult, through tin promos and such, to get a lot of EX's. In my experience, kids also like buying booster packs, which, if they buy enough, will quickly add up.
They don't have to be OP EX's, either, for a non-competitive kid to want to play them. If they've opened even a few packs of Legendary Treasures, odds are they'll have an EX or two from that.

I'm not entirely sure it's type hate, because Colorless and Dragon don't count as "types" in the usual sense. Neither is a good deck on its own - Colorless can't hit for Weakness; Dragon needs way too many different Energy. Although I understand your point and tgk's, and perhaps Safeguard wasn't the best example, but unless Jax decides to make enough Dragon Pokémon that have good attacks for the same Energy, Masquerain likely won't be too overpowered.

GadgetJax

But Grovyle is right - type hate isn't that fun.

I do believe that Type hate probably isn't that good in any format, but like Jabberwockington said, Colorless Types and Dragon Types don't have a preset Type. All that a player has to do to start countering it is to run a Pokemon using an Energy type that you're already using, and it's not like Masquerain is this huge OP wall and attacker. If you're playing a deck with something like a Salamence (Water & Fire), all you need to do is tech in a Water Type or a Fire Type to deal with it. Also, Masquerain is completely matchup-based. If you fight against a deck using Mega Blastoise & Avalugg, it's doing nothing. Same thing applies to a new Fairy deck.

Unless Gadget has a plan to balance that, of course...

If you look into my set list, you'll see that I released a Tool card called Zoom Lens. It works pretty much as a 'Shred' effect against anything that would oppose it, so you can just run a few of those to counter Masquerain.

GadgetJax

Basic - Sunkern - HP30 - [G]
191.png

[C] Spore
Your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Asleep.

[G] [C] [C] Seed Bomb 30

Resistance:
Stage 1 - Sunflora - HP80 - [G]
Evolves from Sunkern
192.png

[C] Bloom Call
Search your deck for 2 [G] Pokemon, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[G] [C] Solar Beam 40

[G] [C] [C] Do The Wave 20x
This attack does 20 damage times the number of your Benched Pokemon.

Resistance:

GadgetJax

I wanted to do a little rivalry thing, so here are Magmortar and Electivire. The Electa line is a part of the X branch while the Mag line is from Y.

Basic - Electabuzz - HP80 - [L]
125.png

[C] Electric Draw
Draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.

[L] [C] Discharge 30x
Discard all [L] Energy attached to this Pokemon. This attack does 30 damage times the number of Energy cards you discarded.

Weakness: [F]
Resistance: [M]
Stage 1 - Electivire - HP120 - [L]
Evolves from Electabuzz
466.png

[L] Energy Stream 30
Attach a basic Energy card from your discard pile to this Pokemon.

[L] [L] [L] Berserker Bolt 70+
If this Pokemon has 2 or more damage counters on it, this attack does 60 more damage.

Weakness: [F]
Resistance: [M]
Basic - Magmar - HP80 - [R]
126.png

[C] Volcanic Rise
Shuffle 3 [R] Energy cards from your discard pile into your deck.

[R] [C] Searing Flame 30
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Burned.

Weakness: [W]
Resistance:
Stage 1 - Magmortar - HP120 - [R]
Evolves from Magmar
467.png

[R] Smoke Signal 30
Look at the top 4 cards of your deck. Choose any [R] Energy cards you find there and attach them to this Pokemon. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck.

[R] [R] [R] Eliminator Ember 70+
If your opponent's Active Pokemon already has 2 or more damage counters on it, this attack does 60 more damage.

Weakness: [W]
Resistance: