TCG Fakes Jax's Toolbox [Home of the XY Reboot: Request a Character!]

Just looked now at Bouffalant PRC's Derail and it says "Special Energy", not "Special Energy card". For reference, the suffix 'card' is only used when the Special Energy in mind is not yet in play.

Here are the Special Energy cards to tie in with the set.
Energy - [Y]
Special Energy

200px-FairyEnergyXY140.jpg

Light Energy

This card provides [Y] Energy only while attached to a [Y] Pokemon. If this card is attached to anything other than a [Y] Pokemon, this card provides [C] Energy.

If this card is attached to a [Y] Pokemon, that Pokemon gets +10 HP.
Energy - [D]
Special Energy
DarknessEnergyDiamondPearl129.jpg

Cloak Energy

This card provides [D] Energy only while attached to a [D] Pokemon. If this card is attached to anything other than a [D] Pokemon, this card provides [C] Energy.

If this card is attached to a [D] Pokemon, all Energy cards attached to that Pokemon provide [D] Energy instead of their usual Type.

Expect big things from the next update!

Here are the Special Energy cards to tie in with the set.
Energy - [Y]
Special Energy

200px-FairyEnergyXY140.jpg

Light Energy

This card provides [Y] Energy only while attached to a [Y] Pokemon. If this card is attached to anything other than a [Y] Pokemon, this card provides [C] Energy.

If this card is attached to a [Y] Pokemon, that Pokemon gets +10 HP.
Energy - [D]
Special Energy
DarknessEnergyDiamondPearl129.jpg

Cloak Energy

This card provides [D] Energy only while attached to a [D] Pokemon. If this card is attached to anything other than a [D] Pokemon, this card provides [C] Energy.

If this card is attached to a [D] Pokemon, all Energy cards attached to that Pokemon provide [D] Energy instead of their usual Type.

Expect big things from the next update!

Mmmm... Then... Hydreigon (Dark Trance) would move a Fire Energy (attached to a Pokémon that has a Cloak Energy) to another Pokémon? Or would it become a Fire Energy again at the exact time it leaves that Pokémon.

Okay here's the scenario....Malamar has 1 Dark Energy, 1 Cloak Energy, and 2 Grass Energy attached. The Grass Energy count as Dark Energy. If Dark Trance is used on Malamar, any Energy attached to it may be moved, but if a Grass Energy is moved, then it will revert back to a Grass Energy if moved to something else.

So the Grass Energy can only move once as a Dark Energy.... mmm...

I think is a really interesting point because is a Dark Energy while it is attached to one Pokémon with a Cloak Energy attached, but in the exact moment it leaves that Pokémon it has to be a Grass Energy so...Hydreigon would be Confused and hit himself with 30 damage jajaja

No, seriously, i think it shouldnt move that energy, beacuse in the moment it leaves the Pokémon, it becomes its true type.

Consider Landorus-EX's Land's Judgment. If it chooses to discard all Fighting Energy, and it has a Strong Energy attached, I'm pretty sure it would still do 20 more damage even though the Strong Energy is discarded.
I think the ruling would be the same here.

Hey, wanna hear a joke?

"TinkerGill"

MLK, you may proceed to facepalm.

Mega - M Venusaur - HP180 - [G]
Mega Evolves from Venusaur
003.png

Ability Solar Shield
Any damage done to your [G] Pokemon by an opponent's attack is reduced by 20 (after applying Weakness and Resistance). You can't use more than 1 Solar Shield Ability each turn.

[G] [G] [C] [C] Pollen Hazard 70
Your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Poisoned, Burned, and Confused.

Weakness: [R]
Resistance:
Retreat: [C] [C] [C]

This Pokemon can use any attack or Ability from its previous evolution.
Basic - Palkia - HP120 - [N]
484.png

[C] Spacial Overdrive
Shuffle 4 basic Energy cards from your discard pile back into your deck.

[G] [W] [W] Lost Wormhole 110

Put any Stadium card in play into the Lost Zone. If there is no Stadium card in play, this attack does nothing.

Weakness: [N]

Resistance:
Retreat: [C] [C]

Looks like Palkia and I have been snooping as usual.

I'd probably be confused, too, if I ended up poisoned and burned at the same time and had no idea how... :p

Also, I love that you're bringing back the Lost Zone mechanics. :D When I first started getting back into the TCG in late-HGSS, it was a decent popular deck/mechanic that... just got dropped and forgotten about in BW. It certainly provides some interesting options.

I used to hate The Lost Zone because of how it was rarely used in the Sinnoh era of the TCG, but I really started liking the use of it in the HGSS era. My favorite was Magnezone Prime because of how it made you think ahead by contemplating whether or not you might need that Energy later. I also liked Lucario from Call Of Legends, but it seems like most people didn't play it because of LostGar. How disappointing.

Yeah, LostGar kind of owned all over everything in terms of LZ mechanics, at least while I was around. >_> Though the nice thing about working with it now is that you have an entirely clean slate for how you want it to work, so you can avoid having any single overpowered strategy.

... Of course, this is completely hypothetical since I don't know anything about the current metagame that you're designing the cards around, but still. >_>

You can't have Mega Venusaur without Mega Blastoise!

Mega - M Blastoise - HP170 - [W]
Mega evolves from Blastoise
009.png

Ability Waterwork Transfer
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may move a [W] Energy attached to 1 of your Pokemon to another of your Pokemon.

[W] [W] [W] [W] Sprinkler Cannon 120
This attack does 20 damage to 2 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon. (don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon)

Weakness: [G]
Resistance:
Retreat: [C] [C] [C] [C]

This Pokemon can use any attack or Ability from its previous evolution.

I noticed that I forgot to do Shauna and Tierno, so here they are...

Trainer - Supporter
Shauna

VSShauna.png

Look at the top 10 cards of your deck. Choose 1 of them and put it into your hand. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck.x

You may play only 1 Supporter during your turn (Before you attack).
Trainer - Supporter
Tierno
VSTierno.png

Draw cards equal to the number of [C] in your Active Pokemon's Retreat Cost.

You may play only 1 Supporter during your turn (Before you attack).

Shauna might seem too strong at first, but I took inspiration from Sage's Training. As a draw back, it draws you 1 less card, but you get 5 more cards to search and you don't have to discard.

Tierno is pretty OP, at least in some decks n.n''

In my good ol' Team Muk/Beartic deck, I can get 9 [C] in my retreat (and 5 [C] turn 1 :O) very easily, and therefore draw 9 cards.

...which means you'll need 4 Stage 1's of the same caliber in play. Considering how much work that would probably take, I think that it's still balanced.

Also, don't forget that this is a standalone format. All cards here are a fresh start, so don't assume a card is broken because it pairs well with another card from another set. My whole format plays off of the assumption that Next Destinies-onward moved to a different UR/SR concept than EX's, and are very much different. As such, even little cards shouldn't instantly be assumed as real in this format. If I'm not making myself clear, what I mean to says is that Black/White, Emerging Powers, and Noble Victories are the only sets that I consider 'real' since they're the only BW sets that don't have EX's. The rest is null and void, unless I decide to someday redo Next Destinies in this same concept.

So, Tierno maxes out at 4 in my format. Considering that Cheren draws 3 and nobody uses it, I don't think 4 is going to be that game breaking. If anything, think of it as Colress where it CAN be crazy strong in the right deck.

Here's the Ampharos line. Expect the Mega soon!

Basic - Mareep - HP60 - [L]
179.png

[C] Cotton Guard
During your opponent's next turn, any damage done to this Pokemon by attacks is reduced by 40 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

[L] [L] Quick Attack 20+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 more damage.

Weakness: [F]
Resistance: [M]
Retreat: [C]
Stage 1 - Flaaffy - HP90 - [L]
Evolves from Mareep
180.png

[C] Spark 20
This attack does 10 damage to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon (don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon).

[L] [L] [C] Thunder 70
Flip a coin. If tails, this Pokemon does 20 damage to itself.

Stage 2 - Ampharos - HP130 - [L]
Evolves from Flaaffy
181.png

[C] [C] Disconnect 40
Your opponent can't play any Item cards from his or her hand during his or her next turn.

[L] [L] [C] Gigavolt 80+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 more damage. If tails, your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

Here's a Hawlucha as well.

Basic - Hawlucha - HP70 - [F]
250px-701Hawlucha.png

Ability Back In The Ring
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokemon is in your discard pile, you may put it on your Bench. If you do, switch it with your Active Pokemon.

[F] Titan Kick 10+
If your opponent's Active Pokemon is a Mega Pokemon, this attack does 30 more damage.

[C] [C] [C] Brave Bird 80
This Pokemon does 20 damage to itself.

Weakness: [P]
Resistance:
Retreat:

I decided to go with an Avalugg line. X Collection and Y Colletion won't feature all of the Gen 6 Pokemon. Instead, this is just a blend of around 30/40. The rest will be featured in a future set, just like Flash Fire and Furious Fists.

Basic - Bergmite - HP70 - [W]
250px-712Bergmite.png

[W] Snow Charge
Search your deck for a [W] Energy card and attach it to this Pokemon. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[C] [C] Icy Wind 10
Your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Asleep.

Weakness: [M]
Resistance:
Stage 1 - Avalugg - HP120 - [W]
Evolves from Bergmite
250px-713Avalugg.png

[W] [C] [C] Overblizzard
This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent's Pokemon that has any damage counters on it. (don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

[W] [W] [W] [W] [C] Frost Threat 150
If this Pokemon is damaged by an opponent's attack during his or her next turn, this Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness: [M]
Resistance:
Retreat: [C] [C] [C] [C]

Oh, and finished Mega Ampharos...

Preview

kekekekeke...

That joke I posted got no likes?

DINKLEBERG

Mega - M Ampharos - HP160 - [L]
Mega Evolves from Ampharos
181.png

Ability Unruly Volt
When you play this Pokemon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokemon, you may discard all Pokemon Tool cards attached to each of your opponent's Pokemon.

[L] [L] [C] Electriwave
This attack does 40 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

Retreat: [C] [C]

Here's the first Stadium! Each set will have one, obviously.

Trainer - Stadium
Aquacorde Town
250px-Aquacorde_Town_anime.png

Once during each player's turn, that player may search his or her deck for a basic Energy card, reveal it, shuffle his or her deck, then put that card on top of it.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes in play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can't play this card.

Tried to go with a theme that your adventure is beginning, so I decided on a card that could provide decent setup for both players.

"Every self-respecting set in the TCG needs an easy game of Simon Says" (The first person to profile message me with where I got that quote gets to choose the last Mega I release.)

Basic - Aipom - HP80 - [C]
190.png

[C] Snatch Up
Your opponent reveals his or her hand. Discard a Pokemon Tool card you find there.

[C] [C] Vine Swing 20
Switch this Pokemon with 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

Resistance:

Stage 1 - Ambipom - HP100 - [C]
Evolves from Aipom
424.png

[C] [C] Frenzy Draw
Draw cards equal to the number of Pokemon Tool cards in your opponent's discard pile. Then, shuffle all those cards back into his or her deck.

[C] [C] Primate Trick 30+
You may put a card from your hand face down in front of you. If you do, your opponent guesses if that card is a Pokemon, Trainer, or Energy card. Reveal that card. If your opponent guessed wrong, this attack does 40 more damage. Return the card to your hand.

Resistance:

Basic - Dedenne - HP70 - [L]
250px-702Dedenne.png

[L] Energy Multiply
Attach a [L] Energy card from your hand to 1 of your Pokemon that already has a [L] Energy attached to it.

[L] [L] Zzzap
This attack does 30 damage to each Pokemon in play that has an Ability (both yours and your opponent's). (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

While we're already stealing stuff from Neo Genesis, how about a shout-out to the original Feraligatr? King of the format, man.

Basic - Clauncher - HP60 - [W]
692.png

[W] Return 10
Draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.

[W] [C] [C] Crabhammer 40

Resistance:
Stage 1 - Clawitzer - HP100 - [W]
Evolves from Clauncher
693.png

Ability Unit Swapper
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a basic Energy card from your hand. If you do, switch your Active Pokemon with 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

[W] [C] [C] Riptide 40+
This attack does 10 more damage for each [W] Energy in your discard pile. Then, shuffle all those cards back into your deck.

Resistance:

Back