TCG Fakes Jax's Toolbox [Home of the XY Reboot: Request a Character!]

Basic - Mantine - HP110 - [W]
226.png

[W] Summoning Wave
Search your deck for 2 [W] Energy cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[W] [C] [C] Water Pulse 60
Your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Asleep.

Weakness: [L]
Resistance: [F]
Retreat: [C] [C]
Basic - Skarmory - HP100 - [M]
227.png

[M] Iron Recycle
Put 2 [M] Energy from your discard pile into your hand.

[M] [C] [C] Acrobatics 60+
Flip 2 coins. This attack does 20 more damage for each heads.

Weakness: [L]
Resistance: [F]
Retreat: [C]

Basic - Honedge - HP60 - [M]
679.png

[M] [C] Slash 20

Weakness: [R]
Resistance: [P]
Stage 1 - Doublade - HP90 - [M]
Evolves from Honedge
680.png

[M] [C] Cutlass Draw 20
Draw 2 cards.

Stage 2 - Aegislash - HP140 - [M]
Evolves from Doublade
250px-681Aegislash.png

[M] [C] Energy Slash 40
Attach up to 2 [M] Energy cards from your hand to 1 of your Pokemon.

[M] [C] [C] Guard Press 60
During your opponent's next turn, any damage done by attacks to this Pokemon is reduced by 20 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

[M] [M] [C] [C] Bursting Blade 80+
You may discard all [M] Energy attached to this Pokemon. If you do, this attack does 60 more damage.

Retreat: [C] [C] [C]

Okay, we're close to finishing!

Basic - Flabebe - HP40 - [Y]
669.png

[C] [C] Fairy Wind 20

Weakness: [M]
Resistance: [N]
Stage 1 - Floette - HP70 - [Y]
Evolves from Flabebe
250px-670Floette.png

[C] [C] Energy Sprout 30
Attach a basic Energy card from your hand to 1 of your Pokemon.

Stage 2 - Florges - HP110 - [Y]
Evolves from Floette
250px-671Florges.png

Ability Peaceful Air
Each player may draw 2 cards instead of 1 at the beginning of his or her turn.

[C] [C] Garden March 20x
This attack does 20 damage times the number of [G] and [Y] Energy attached to all of your Pokemon.

I'm completely fine with Muscle Band's power level because pretty much every deck has access to it, but I wanted to try and make a version of it that feels a bit less staple-esque.

Trainer - Item
Assault Vest
Dream_Assault_Vest_Sprite.png

Pokemon Tool - Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn't already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

The attacks of the Pokemon this card is attached aren't affected by Resistance and do 10 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokemon (before applying Weakness).

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before you attack).

As for why I chose Assault Vest of all things, it's because it was the only combat-related Gen 6 Item I could really think of.

Weakness Policy, Safety Goggles, Luminous Moss, Snowball, Pixie Plate and Fairy Gem are all combat-related held items in Generation 6.

Assault Vest is interesting. I like that it's better than Muscle Band in some situations, and worse in others. I'd definitely say it's not a staple, which is I think what you were going for, but I also don't know too much about the format you're building in. It's your cards and only your cards, right? Muscle Band doesn't exist?

So the whole BW block after Noble Victories does not exist anymore in this format?

Well, this is where it gets wierd. You see, my whole XY Reboot goes off of the notion that the EX phase never happened, so when considering the following sets...

-Next Destinies
-Dark Explorers
-Dragon's Exalted
-Boundaries Crossed
-Plasma Storm/Freeze/Blast
-Legendary Treasures

...as void. We could always go off the theory that those sets are in their original formatting, just without EX's, but lots of those cards from those sets are designed to do things like counter EX's or are built with higher damage outputs due to the HP influx on EX's. So, it's just up to your imagination to think what Next Destinies through Legendary Treasures would have been like without EX's.

Hmm... You know what, It would probably make more sense for it if it kept EX phase of BW, but have something along the lines of a mid-season rotation(These happened before), but it's you who decide and whatnot.

Basic - Pumpkaboo - HP60 - [G]
250px-710Pumpkaboo.png

[C] Night Growth
Heal 20 damage from this Pokemon.

[G] [C] [C] Solar Beam 30

Resistance:
Stage 1 - Gourgeist - HP100 - [G]
Evolves from Pumpkaboo
250px-711Gourgeist.png

[C] [C] Spectral Fade 30+
You may do 50 more damage. If you do, put this Pokemon and all cards attached to it into the Lost Zone.

[G] [C] [C] Grass Knot 30+
This attack does 20 more damage for each [C] in your opponent's Active Pokemon's Retreat Cost.

Resistance:

Back