Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

While Rough Seas might only be played in one meta deck, which would be M Manectric Variants, it is arguable that M Manectric is tier 2, maybe even tier 1 considering it's most recent success and past successes. That alone would give a deck like Gengar/Trevenant Break a huge problem when trying to be played competitively. I'm not saying it CAN'T work, I myself saw Trevenant Break and thought "holy cow, that's literally a near perfect partner for Gengar BKT". Main problem that essentially playing two Stage 2 Pokemon is super risky in the current format, but Rough Seas definitely also causes a problem because even if you can get rid of the stadium, they only need to play it for one turn to undo all purpose of your attack. So just keep that in mind when building your deck!
I know, I know, but I'll give it a try ;)

I guess Mega Gallade would work well with This card, Along with bronzong then 70 damage a turn on the benched.

oh wow this is pretty much similar to a wally except u cannot attack on the first turn. Hope trevenant gets a break :) But not sure what the attack/ability will be that will pair nicely with gengar ex, just a bigger wall to get around item lock.
You spoke too soon ;p love the break. It's gonna be so awesome

The Camerupt, when viewed peripherally, looks like Garfield (the cat) to me. This is a valuable addition to the conversation, I know.

anyone notice that the new phantump ot an attack that evolute itself too? combine with Wally, T1 item lock is very easy, even if you go last, just one single energy will do. I think Gengar EX is not neccessary, it does 80 damages with band and poison, so 90 max, which is not that much compare to the non-break Trevenant xy1, which does 80 with band plus 2x 20 on bench. i think Meowtic xy2 maybe a better partner, as it may come to active when the damge spread it sufficient, then taking 4 prizes immediately is possible too.
One thing to bear in mind, whenever Gengar or Meowtic, when they attack, we actually giving up the item lock too, so most of the time we should still be attacking with Trevenant break.

You spoke too soon ;p love the break. It's gonna be so awesome
Yes I am happy trevenant got a break that will be really playable it seems that the stage 2s are competative getting breaks while the stage 3 breaks are just too slow for the current shaymin meta...everyone tech ur zoroarks for the trees incoming! Play ur hex maniac so you can get ur float stone on the garbador so u can play items again lol

If this translation is complete and correct, it will now be possible to put your opponent down to a one card hand before they even get a turn! (Red Card + Stadium + Scary Lady) Pretty scary, indeed.

This combined with the new dark shiftry and forest of giant plants will be a very scary deck discarding ur hand every turn...I hope she gets a full art, she is hex maniac's sistter xD not sure how much usefulness she will see but there is a lot of hand disruption in the set, also can be used with durrant, also with octillary spamming judges until they draw dead then play this card to ruin their life lol

Scary Lady is correct. Not sure if I'd use a support slot for this but this gives disruption/control more power it doesn't need.

Remember my words. This card will get banned. It's way over powered.

Any card that gives "hand" advantage gets banned, in every TCG (like Yu-Gi-Oh!).

4 Scary Ladies = 12 discards
4 VS Seeker = another 12 discards
Trick Shovel = 4 discards

28 discards is almost half of someones deck. Wouldn't that be fun? Although it takes you 8 turns if lucky, so Meh! :(

You can also use other trainers to discard tools and energy. That would be teasing.

Back