Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

Thats it. This is what we have been waiting for. We have items for this problem. This is like the worst Mega Pokemon. Even Ho-oh is mmore better than this.

Thats it. This is what we have been waiting for. We have items for this problem. This is like the worst Mega Pokemon. Even Ho-oh is mmore better than this.

Yes, because anytime an item does something that means there is zero use for a Pokémon that does it.

I'm not saying M Scizor-EX is going to be good but it is important not to dismiss it without a good, solid rational. There is a difference between "We have better options to discard Special Energy cards and Stadiums while attacking with something else." than just "We have Items for this problem." Items are one and done unless you run an effect that recycles them and right now, there aren't a lot of cost effective methods of doing that. We've got a choice between discarding a Special Energy or a Stadium while hitting for 120 damage at a cost of just [MM]; might not amount to anything but believe me we've seen worse.

I love how it's literally "Crushing" the attack but it's mediocre at best, i had high hopes for it tbh but again it's in the same category as other Megas with 2 energy attack cost + 1 effect, imo it's better than M Sceptile and Almost as Good as M Manectric, come to think of it it's really not that bad

Of course, you know, you always can play items, since there's no Seismitoad EX or Vileplume in the metagame...

The attack, at least, keep Seismitoad in check, discarding its DCE and being able to 2HKO it

Speed+disruption=equals a powerful combination that if underestimated can and will be overwhelming. Getting a full play set of this bad boy.

I CALLED IT! I knew there would be a 2 energy attack cost. And 120 damage for 2 metal energies is good. I think Its the most a mega does for two energy. I think this may see some play. Maybe more than mega aggron. I'm going to say the full art is going to crush the words like crazy sort of how mega glalie and mage glalie full art eat the mega evolution rule.
Of course more than Aggron.

i guess since its quite fast and doesnt require any support pokemon/archetype (just needs mega turbo?), mega scizor could find room for eeveelutions giving it the ability to hit for weakness. that would be a great way to turn its attack into a ohko, since 240 will knock out everything.

you can find other ways to use bench space too, such as crawdaunts for energy denial deck, bats (because why not i guess, crobat + giovanni means 170 dmg), and excadrill seems like a potential partner since he can get two prizes against decks with attackers with 70/90 hp like vespiquen now

That artwork is just

tumblr_nh9kl9yrLF1rw0ifto1_400.gif

120 nice but we have Jirachi

and Enhanced Hammer

and Xerosic

and Crushing Hammer

and Team Flare Grunt

and Paint Roller

and more than one stadium card.

So you are telling me that having all those in one card that can take prize cards (even though it gives them) and can be reused, and can prevent the opponent from setting up is a bad thing? If all those cards are strong then this card is at least viable. I mean no one though Tyrantrum would be worth anything and its done better then we all thought.

another one...

also there is suppose to be a steel focus also but psychic aegislash says n0 but yes nuzleaf and shiftry have to be dark because 007 is already taken

i am just gonna laugh if shiftry is a new version of the BW one because being a dark nuzleaf it cant evolve so fast

another one...

also there is suppose to be a steel focus also but psychic aegislash says n0 but yes nuzleaf and shiftry have to be dark because 007 is already taken

i am just gonna laugh if shiftry is a new version of the BW one because being a dark nuzleaf it cant evolve so fast

Excuse me, but couldn't the people just use the Flashfire Nuzleaf still? Even if the new one was dark, which it will be, it won't be played, because the Broken Vine Space functionality doesn't play with it. As long as the Flashfire Nuzleaf is in Standard or Expanded, they will never reprint BW Shiftry.

You say that like it somehow invalidates the point. ;) The initial question was whether or not the animation could influence the TCG. There are two ways to demonstrate that it can: show something from the animation that directly transitioned to the TCG or something from the animation that made the jump to the video games (as something can go Other Source => Video games => TCG). You kind of need a good justification for why things like this "don't count". Though not relevant to the TCG, even though it was simply another tweaked version of the Gen 1 Pokémon game, Pokémon Yellow took something from the animation (Pikachu following Ash around) and turned it into a mechanic the video games would eventually embrace... or did they cut that after finally making progress towards it again (I kind of gave up on the video games with Pearl).
Ok, anime has slightly influenced (Pikachu following you, the starters given away to you around the region, stop) a 3rd version of one videogame from gen 1 and nothing else since 20 years, ok. But what does that have to do with TCG? There is no anime exclusive character in the TCG, this is clear as water. :)

Back