Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

its stupid AF that these are not secret rares. i think this will be the first time a shiney is released as a non secret rare

The Spanish name of the set is even cooler than the English name, that's a shame. Not because of it being Spanish, but just how much worse the English name is...

its stupid AF that these are not secret rares. i think this will be the first time a shiney is released as a non secret rare
Dark Explorers Umbreon
AOR Gardevoir
AOR MRayquaza Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre

and I know the umber and gardevoir can be considered lighting affects but I disagree

Dark Explorers Umbreon
AOR Gardevoir

and I know the umber and gardevoir can be considered lighting affects but I disagree
Ok so the AOR ones have different reasons
1. The Gardevoir was NOT shiny! It was stated by Pokemon after all the confusion.
2. Even though the Hoenn trio was in the set numbers, they ARE secret rares. Look at the elite trainer box mini manual.
3. There is no shiny in Dark Explorers. As found in the set list on Pokemon.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Dark Explorers Umbreon
AOR Gardevoir

As @Lord o da rings mentioned, Gardevoir and Umbreon are not shinies. Gardevoir's chest thing and eyes are more red/pink than orange, which they are when Gardevoir is shiny. Shiny Umbreon has light blue rings and bright yellow eyes, and while the lighting may make some of the yellow rings light blue, the eyes are still bright red. So those are not shinies. It would be kinda weird to include a shiny Pokemon as an holo rare and uncommon, dontcha think? :p

1. The Gardevoir was NOT shiny! It was stated by Pokemon after all the confusion.
I have not heard anything about that, do you have a link or something? :)

Dark Explorers Umbreon
AOR Gardevoir

If the Gardevoir was shiny, wouldn't its chest piece be orange?
Either you're colourblind, or just don't know what a shiny Gardevoir looks like.

Mega Rayquaza, Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon weren't secret rares in Ancient Origins, only in Japanese.

If the Gardevoir was shiny, wouldn't its chest piece be orange?
Either you're colourblind, or just don't know what a shiny Gardevoir looks like.
As seen coincidentally in my profile picture. How convenient.

Last edited by a moderator:
These booster packs look great! I can't wait to get an ETB and hang up the poster of all the pack arts! (If you didn't know, covers of ETBs have a poster of all the pack arts of the set!)

2. Even though the Hoenn trio was in the set numbers, they ARE secret rares. Look at the elite trainer box mini manual.
3. There is no shiny in Dark Explorers. As found in the set list on Pokemon.com
1. I don't trust them and also the orb is pink there's no possible way that it could make her dress appear blue
2. secret rares by definition are cards that are not considered part of the set
3. UMBREON 60/108

and also here's one you all can't deny Shiny Gyarados HGSS

and there are shiny SRs in DEX archers, Gardevoir, and Pokemon Catcher

If they continue the pattern, there is going to be a theme deck for a break Pokemon without the break. There is always 2 theme decks, and only one (golduck) was released in Japan... What does everyone think the other might be? I'm gunning for a luxray theme deck, not that I want it, just that it was the only other promo BREAK evolution released in Japan in the set. Although they did just make a lightning theme deck...

If they continue the pattern, there is going to be a theme deck for a break Pokemon without the break. There is always 2 theme decks, and only one (golduck) was released in Japan... What does everyone think the other might be? I'm gunning for a luxray theme deck, not that I want it, just that it was the only other promo BREAK evolution released in Japan in the set. Although they did just make a lightning theme deck...

I'm hoping for Greninja Water/Dark or Metal and a Luxray Electric/Fairy theme decks.

I definitely don't use theme decks as an excuse to load up on metal, dark or fairy energy, no sir.

Back