Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

It is a good card for dragon decks, 10 more dmg could be very usefull for giratina (130, helps against some legendary basics)

Well this pretty much confirms metal type Scizor-EX. Not sure which will be dark Pokemon.

Uh, -10 damage for metal is meh... -20 would be better... but of course it stacks with Shield Energy and Assault Vest... interesting ;)

And cool to see that the Gyarados on the Spirit Link is shiny too!

I always thought Slowbro was a little ridiculous (in a good way) to begin with... but this attack just takes the cake.

Yay, another Sigilyph!! My crazed birdy love gets a cool lookin' card. I feel like that first attack could be great for both early and late game play. Sacrifice one prize card to tack on a couple more energy to a pokemon that could win the game. Sounds good in my head right now.

I was half expecting an updated reprint of Neo Slowking... But the other half of me knows that card is broken as it gets. I figured we'd never get a reprint of that card. I was at least just hoping for some cool art, I sure seems like I got that.

Not sure if it's a card I'd ever use... But I can see how I may stumble across it. It's decent.

Honestly? I don't think we're gonna see a lot of this stadium card in play. There are just better stadiums out there. Sure, 10 +/- damage is great but it's only 10 +/- damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly? I don't think we're gonna see a lot of this card in play. There are just better stadiums out there. Sure, 10 +/- damage is great but it's only 10 +/- damage.
Well you can turn those 80 attacks into those critical 90 attacks that 2-shot most ex's except wailord, and double cricis and Megas.
As of being dark type. Skuntank ex maybe? Nah, I am getting too hopeful.

Like this card a lot. Yveltal sure likes this stadium and fighting spirit belt.
Still gets killed by m manectric.
If they reprint yveltal, I will be mad.

Pokemon teasing us with this spirit link. Green background saying it could be Bug-type, but the sparkles and grayish fluid tells me Steel-type. More than likely it'll be Steel-type. I really hope this Scizor-ex is at least moderately playable.
I agree. Now I don't know what type it will be, but after seeing the reverse valley, it's pretty much confirmed that it will be a metal/steel type. Now just to hope it's playable!:D Even if it cost a lot of energies I would be fine with, with Bronzong accelerating energy.

It isn't being optimistic to understand how this simply offers more damage than the Crobat line with a little more effort. Blastoise decks in BW-on never had an issue with stringing together Superior Energy Retrievals for Black Kyurem-EX every turn and with this new Frogadier and Archie's Ace in the Hole, getting out 2+ Greninja is a lot easier than you would imagine. Dive Balls and Ultra Balls give you plenty of search options for grabbing Greninja and Greninja BREAK once your Frogadier army is assembled. Will you be able to do 180 damage without attacking each turn? Of course not, but that amount of damage is nothing to dismiss, and with the added support we can expect to see for water Pokemon in this set, it can only mean good things for the Greninja line
I play a greninja deck and don't have trouble getting them out even with rare candy with all the searching options already for water types. Surprisingly I want a counter stadium mainly for water decks with ROUGH SEAS healing the opponents damage is not what this deck wants so the greninja break will help maintain that damage.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with something like ''Confusevenom Laser''

Your opponent's active pokémon is now poisoned. Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's active pokemon is also confused. (And PCL will be like: look! NOT a reprint)

Also imagine Super Fang used on a Wailord EX with a Fighting Spirit Tool Attached. Better bring those dices with you!
What about that, wailord at 10hp. Play switch, bring out whimsicott and move that 240 damage to that raticate. Back at ya!!!

I play a greninja deck and don't have trouble getting them out even with rare candy with all the searching options already for water types. Surprisingly I want a counter stadium mainly for water decks with ROUGH SEAS healing the opponents damage is not what this deck wants so the greninja break will help maintain that damage.
Yeah it is too easy to get out cards. Maxie and Archie just slapped us in the face. Plus the evo lines are so nerfed now, it doesn't make sense. I think Maxie and Archie should have been this: Put 3 damage counters on every Pokemon that is not a team (Magma-(Maxie))(Aqua)-(Archie)) Pokemon

i hope we get a regular mega gyrados.

heres my opinion for regular gyrados(not shiny):

Gyrados EX hp:180 type: colorless

4 colorless energies/Gigantic Twister:120+
This attack does 120 damage plus 20 if you have a fisherman in play

1 colorless energy/Rage

put 5 damage counters on every pokemon(including your and your opponents benched pokemon and pokemon in play(dont apply weakness and resistance for benched pokemon))

weakness: electric resistance: none

MGyrados EX hp: 260 type: dark

5 dark energies/Rage of the broken sky: 300

This attack does 20 damage to itself and it cant heal for the rest of the battle.

weakness: fighting resistance: psychic

and thats my opinion
Agree, except 230 hp instead of 260. And instead of it can't heal, it can't retreat next turn

meh... This Stadium is basically emulating the effects of the old Special Dark and Metal energies... But in that case, it should have been "Each Dark/Metal pokémon does-10-more/takes-10-less damage for each Dark/Metal energy attached to them", something like that... Also, how does this fit with the set's theme? Wasted space of a stadium...

meh... This Stadium is basically emulating the effects of the old Special Dark and Metal energies... But in that case, it should have been "Each Dark/Metal pokémon does-10-more/takes-10-less damage for each Dark/Metal energy attached to them", something like that... Also, how does this fit with the set's theme? Wasted space of a stadium...
You just know people are gonna love this in their Yveltal decks, I have no doubts

This stadium seems to pay homage to the neo genesis (gen 2) days when Dark and Steel (aka Darkness and Metal) were introduced.

Don't get me wrong while these new stadium cards bring something new, in the end it is a stadium card right, the effects should be the same, your in the same place. I haven't seen the newer anime episodes for some time but is there a gym leaders stadium that has one end with a completely different half than the other?

Yeah it is too easy to get out cards. Maxie and Archie just slapped us in the face. Plus the evo lines are so nerfed now, it doesn't make sense. I think Maxie and Archie should have been this: Put 3 damage counters on every Pokemon that is not a team (Magma-(Maxie))(Aqua)-(Archie)) Pokemon
I don't know if it would be that, for maxie and archie were in primal clash so maybefor fighting(maxie) and water(archie). But overall they aren't bad cards.(I'm not saying they are easy to pull off. Getting it the last card in your hand without supporters!(except for magnazone but would be hard to pull off that card, but you could play a supporter to get your hand down and play maxie/archie)).

Back