Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

This card won't be used any more than Sylveon was.
Even worse since it's an Ability at least with Sylveon you can guarantee you're going to move an Energy if possible.

Just to put it all together...

Being "tails fails" is a serious concern but at the same time, as long as the effect is worthwhile, this won't stop a good card from being used. By being an Ability it has the drawback of being shutdown by the usual suspects but it frees up your own attack, including what might be the go to combo: move as much Energy as you can to something you can OHKO on the Bench, Lysandre that target out, OHKO it, effectively discarding all that Energy!

The tricky part is knowing what to shift the Energy to, especially as you may want to leave it in play for certain hypothetical decks or in certain match-ups. Against Deluge decks, Energy in the discard is usually returned to the hand ASAP and rained back down. That actually reveals a benefit of moving the Energy versus discarding it outright: put all the Energy on an easy to KO Jirachi-EX so your opponent has to promote it, give up an attack and let you KO Jirachi-EX or push it to Blastoise who might be able to attack, but not as well as the deck's real attackers and so that again, it is sacrificed because its probably going down in one hit. At least if Slowking can back a strong attacker.

Slowking may still prove a waste but I believe it also has the potential to be quite, quite strong as well.

Dang it. I wanted a Neo Genesis reprint(the English misprint)

I also want a reprint of Neo Genesis Slowking... with the correct text and an errata for the original. Then I want something similar to deal with any of the other really, really overpowered combos in Unlimited (the strongest locks, First Turn Win effects, etc.).

I do not want the game to once again become about sitting, waiting doing nothing or largely nothing, and flipping coins praying you'll get what you need against the odds. -_-

Suggesting a reformatted reprint of the erroneous English Neo Genesis Slowking might be construed as a threat by players who experienced it. =P

What is that in the portal in the Sigilyph artwork? (in the upper left corner of the portal) It kind of looks like Keldeo, but idk

so add the balloon and you make a deadly combo
Not really. You make a combo that (best case scenario) does 110 damage, or more likely, they pass their turn to get rid of the balloon safely, and then they kill your Sigilyph and only take 50 damage.

no then he/she can skylanders return and get back the energy
Which would put all the energy in their hand, and they'd need to attach it all over again. It still puts them back a lot of turns.

Even dirtier would be putting the energy on a benched Hoopa.

This card won't be used any more than Sylveon was.

Sylveon has to be active to move energy around and it cannot be stacked. Slowking can be stacked and you could be moving 4 energy if you get up to 4 slowking in play with other energy disrupters you can make it so your opponet can never do alot of damage to you.

Hold up: Ho-oh EX/Slowking.

They hit you if they can. Your turn, you spin all of their energy away and heal 50 from Ho-oh. They can't hit you because they don't have enough energy. You heal 50 again. They get enough energy and hit you again. You spin the energy again. Heal 50. Repeat. :D Bad deck monday, come back please.

Ok, to my surprise, a lot of people are not getting the point of the portal in sigilyph's artwork...

Has anyone here ever watched Fringe, the series? It's a similar plot...
Yes, it reminds of Parallel City because this set's story, as was revealed previously in the english set description, is that the technology focused world and the nature focused world seen on Blue Shock/Red Flash are colliding, hence the title of this set: Rage of the Broken Heavens. 'Rage' refers to Gyarados, the set's mascot, 'broken heavens' refers to the worlds' collision. That's also why the english set is called BREAKpoint...
As WPM noted, Sigilyph came from the technology world to the natural world through the portal in the sky between both... (at first I thought it came from the nature world because it seemed to feature the giant iconic tree of that world on the other side of the portal, but I looked better and there's too many buildings, so that's the tech world.)

EDIT: actually, I'm not sure anymore... I knew this wasn't the first card that featured the portal... Rattata's card also shows the portal but you can clearly see the Rattata is from the nature world, as the portal shows the tech world on the other side... In the case of Sigilyph, the portal shows what seems to be a tree similar to the one from the nature world, but at the same time, it features a lot of tall buildings, and Sigilyph is being depicted in the sea, near a mountain, so, I don't know...

Last edited:
Neo Genesis was better. Even a HGSS reprint would work. Just why water type? Loved it as the psychic type.

About the slow bro:
It ain't a miracle when u bout to win.

Hopefully there is m camerupt and m sharpedo.
Wait wait. Has there ever been a fighting type camerupt? I want one!!!!

I'd very much disagree that M/ Aggron is unplayable. Sure, it takes a lot of setup but in a test deck I made running it you'd be surprised how many times as soon as it's set up it can take the game for you. I don't have any more than personal experience to back up this though.
I disagree. Mega aggron was not only pricey, it is based on a coin flip. Plus, 120 damage for 4 energy isn't good. The two exceptions are mega Ampharos and mega Venusaur. They can auto paralyze which is good. Mega Ampharos also has rough seas. 170 + parlyz -30 +30.

Last edited by a moderator:
1125_185USOKKIE.jpg

"I love the nightlife I got to boogie"
I enjoy this card too much

About the slow bro:
It ain't a miracle when u bout to win.

Hopefully there is m camerupt and m sharpedo.
Wait wait. Has there ever been a fighting type camerupt? I want one!!!!
Yes, it's a joke. Slowbro is traditionally the antithesis of wrapping things up quickly. That's why it's a miracle that a Slowbro could potentially save you a few turns late-game.

It's a miracle by Slowbro standards.

Pokemon teasing us with this spirit link. Green background saying it could be Bug-type, but the sparkles and grayish fluid tells me Steel-type. More than likely it'll be Steel-type. I really hope this Scizor-ex is at least moderately playable.

I want it's basic to have an attack similar to its last print. Though I guess that would be like chrono wind.

Back