Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

Wow, M Gardevoir is pretty amazing! I'm sure it will see a lot of play in Expanded with Eggs, Dimension Valley, and since it will need only 1 Fairy Energy to attack, it can make good use from MAX POTION as you would be discarding only 1 Energy. It can even 1HKO any poke with Psyquic Weakness without even discarding beached pokes. I want a playset as soon as it comes out!

Dimension Valley is becoming OP in Standard now, what with low cost attackers like Mew and Alakazam, I think it will rotate and end the discount on psyshic attacks that we have all been enjoying.

Wow! I was wary of how M Gardevoir would look, but this is fantastic! Much more glorious than Volcaneon EX, imo. I want like three copies of this, lol.

And the golden egg! That card looks a bit of a mess. It would probably look better if azumarill wasn't shiny, but that gold clashes badly with the pink and blue. Ah well, that's nice it's shiny. I have a shiny azumarill I caught back in Emerald, so this is a nice card for me.

And to join the speculation: I think the other mega may be steelix. It's the only mega that in the movie that has two types that are expressed in the tcg. Gengar is psychic/poison, but poison is expressed as psychic in the tcg, so they can't make it a dual-type card. Same with pidgeot being flying/normal. But steelix is steel/ground, and ground is expressed as fighting, so I think that will be the mega we get.

I'm a little upset that the Azumarill isn't very good. They could have done so much with it. That Gardevoir looks insane. Can't wait to see how that card turns out. Also, do you think that maybe the Magearna card in the set will be dual type, Steel and Fairy?

While I agree that Gardevoir is powerful...am I the only one who's annoyed at the math on her attack? 110 is a good enough base (though 120 would be much better and solves the math issues I have), but then look at the boosts you get. 140, 170, 200, 230, 260. 170 is just shy of a OHKO on standard EXs. 200 is just shy of OHKOing probably the most common mega, Manectric. 230 is just shy of OHKOing the bulky megas.

It was obviously designed to be that way, but I think trying to stream enough benched pokemon is hard enough to do consistently in Standard that they could have given her a 120 base.

Wait, M Gardevoir's attack is called Despair Ray. And it's a cruel trator...

latest

Why not run M Gardevoir with Unown in addition to Shaymin Ex and Hoopa Ex. The latter ones can ensure a faster set up and the former ones are here to be discarded to fuel the cruel traitor. Use Bridgette in addition to Sacred Ash and you should be golden.

So Dvalley and florges with ability make gardeviors attack free. I wonder if it will be worth attempting energy less gardevior deck.

Also with puzzle of time you can just discard damaged gardevior with the attack. And recycle them with sacred ash and puzzle of time for extra spirit links of need be.

tbh I think it's all but guaranteed Dimension Valley gets a reprint. Bridgette is M. Garde's Blacksmith and, hilariously, you could theoretically bring its attack cost down to zero with DV + BT Florges.

EDIT: wow someone mentioned XY9 Xerneas? That's such a good idea, I was obsessed with trying to make that work when it came out. And with Xerneas BREAK coming up, can't wait to see the potential.

Last edited:
Whoah. M-Gardevoir + Eggs is going to be insanely powerful in expanded. Wow. Crazy.

Even in standard that's a fairly powerful card.

The diagonal colour swipe is actually kinda annoying after Team Rocket / Delta Species dual types now. Eh. It'll probably grow on me.

Last edited:
M Garde + Eggs + Shaymin + Hoopa sounds really cool for expanded.

I wonder if Gardevoir could work off of just Shaymin and Hoopa in Standard.

Other idea I had with her would be Bats. Coming into play Abilities seem like natural partners.

People Dimension Valley has already been confirmed for reprint, stop making predictions, read the news! It's on CP4.
It's not going anywhere, and it's going to be the most broken stadium at this format.

People here forget that Dimensional Valley will rotate

It's here already man, it's on the reprints of CP4, we're not losing it, without it Mega Alakazam and Mew would not be that good and Night March would have to rely just on Joltik.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bam quick deck list haha this gardevoir has a lot of potential. I'm definitely gonna make use of it once it gets out

Deck-M Gardevoir EX (steam siege)

Pokemon-15
3-gardevoir ex
3-m gardevoir ex
4-shaymin ex
1-hoopa ex
2-riolu
2-lucario

Trainer-35
4-sycamore
2-N
2-tierno
3-revives
3-max revives
1-buddy buddy rescue
2-prof letter
1-Pokemon fan club
2-lysandre
3-vs seeker
3-gardevoir spirit link
1-skyla
2-dimension valley
2-robo substitute
4-ultra ball

Energy-10
2-wonder energy
5-fairy energy
3-metal

Lucario is there cause his attacks make use of less bench Pokemon and it's a pretty good counter to regice

Bam quick deck list haha this gardevoir has a lot of potential. I'm definitely gonna make use of it once it gets out

Deck-M Gardevoir EX (steam siege)

Pokemon-15
3-gardevoir ex
3-m gardevoir ex
4-shaymin ex
1-hoopa ex
2-riolu
2-lucario

Trainer-35
4-sycamore
2-N
2-tierno
3-revives
3-max revives
1-buddy buddy rescue
2-prof letter
1-Pokemon fan club
2-lysandre
3-vs seeker
3-gardevoir spirit link
1-skyla
2-dimension valley
2-robo substitute
4-ultra ball

Energy-10
2-wonder energy
5-fairy energy
3-metal

Lucario is there cause his attacks make use of less bench Pokemon and it's a pretty good counter to regice

Can Wonder Energy even be attached to dual-type M-Gard? Because of the Psychic typing, wouldn't it cause the Wonder Energy to be discarded? "If this card is attached to anything other than a Pokémon, discard this card."

Back