Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I'm on the fence about the RR distribution. On one hand, it's interesting that they might be starting to phase out EXes. However, I really don't like that they are making even more BREAKs. From a collector's perspective, BREAK cards are ugly and I don't care for them at all. I guess I'll wait and see how it goes. Still have my XY11 boxes pre-ordered regardless. :p

Darkpoison64

Aspiring Trainer
Omg that artwork makes mega gardevoir look so cool and menacing I got to have it! Cant wait to see the full art too!
Oh wow this attack can be used with dimension valley for a single fairy energy 110+ yes please I will take that wow! The best thing too is that it can 1 shot hoopa, shaymin, M Mewtwo and M alakazam now. As well as any fighting types like lucario ex or machamp ex.

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
I wish the attack used [P] energy instead. Also, seeing Azumarill, it seems that not all dual-type pokemon will be really usefull

lyonheart286

Aspiring Trainer
I noticed on the three revealed dual type pokemon (volcanion, M gardevoir, and azumaril), the attack cost energy is the type listed first. Curious.

Tails19950

Aspiring Trainer
Well MegaPidgeot and and Mega Steelix are in the movie so I hope we get them n this set.... But only gonna get one more Mega.... I bet shiny Mega Gengar :/

I wonder if we'll get Mega Beedrill for the english released of this too. I hope it isn't just an reverse holo like in that champion set

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
People here forget that Dimensional Valley will rotate, so this M-Gardevoir will never can take advantage of it (in Standard). But I can see it work in Expanded, with Dimensional Valley and Exeggcutes to discard with its attack.

Also, yeah... love that golden Azumarill, I want all the shinies in the set! :D

JL_muserwolves

Mercy!
Wow, that attack on Mega Gardevoir is absolutely spectacular. Use copious amounts of Shaymin and Hoopa to set up, then it's easy enough to get the second energy onto it with Mega Turbo, and then you can just discard your Shaymins and Hoopas out of harm's way while firing off some devastating damage in the process.

And in Expanded, with Battle Compressor, Dimension Valley and Exeggcute as options? Arceus help us all.

(Of course, the former two might end up reprinted anyway if the Premium Champion Pack makes its way over here a la Legendary Treasures reprint set, but I really, really hope it doesn't make the crossing.)

Part-time Dragon Master

As stated above
People here forget that Dimensional Valley will rotate, so this M-Gardevoir will never can take advantage of it (in Standard). But I can see it work in Expanded, with Dimensional Valley and Exeggcutes to discard with its attack.

Also, yeah... love that golden Azumarill, I want all the shinies in the set! :D
But, Dimension valley could easily be reprinted soon after worlds. They did it before, they'll do it again

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
But is it just me.. I see the Pink and Blue mixture seems weird

I hope the other dual types are not fairy or water in any combination. 2 max is enough IMO

WastedSkyPirate

I am actually very impressed by this M Gardevoir-EX!

[Y][C] for 110 is very good - but with Dimension Valley, [Y] for 110 is insane. The effect is also incredible, you can get rid of damaged bench Pokemon or the typical liabilities (Shaymin-EX, Hoopa-EX). I wonder if this works with Robo Substitute as well (I can't see why it wouldn't)?

What's more is the art - it looks awesome!

I wonder if we'll get an Azumarill BREAK and I wonder, if we do, whether it will be Dual-Type as well?

EliaShatteredsun

Aspiring Trainer
Isn't M Gardevoir a little too OP? For For Christ sake's, they need to make powerful cards for the meta, i get it, but this is too much xD

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
That M-Gardy looks particularly dangerous in Expanded - one could potentially do some ridiculous 230 damage for a single [Y] Energy with Dimension Valley, in a well designed deck. o.o