Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Ohgod, another sub-set. They've had more sub-sets than regular sets this year! My wallet is already crying. But I'm still excited.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I'm a bit baffled why they want to print another M-Gardevoir-EX after the Pokekyun one, to be honest.

theminelander

Aspiring Trainer
Another split set? Interesting. I wonder what our set will be called. (It should be good to finish off the XY Era, but we could get another BREAKPoint for all we know)

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
I am already tired of M-Gardevoir cards. A reprint (Generations) was good, but please stop it, there are like 10 other Megas to print.

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
Another Mega Gardevoir? and it's Shiny? I can dig it.

Now if only Raichu would get an EX TnT

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
Looks interesting! I want to see Mega Banette and Mega Beedrill in the set!
Eventhough I like Gardevoir, I don't need more of Gardevoir EX cards.

TheLunaticHypno

Just your average Hypno fan
Maybe they will stop with this stupid spirit link and have that little staff thingy as an item where you don't have to waste your turn. Kinda similar to rare candy, but it applies to all megas. I think that the text below covers how to make this card balanced and playable at the same time.
Mega staff thingy - item card
When you play this card from your hand, choose a mega evolution pokemon from your hand and put it onto a pokemon it Evolves from. Your turn will not end when you play this card. You may only play one copy of this card a turn.
The effect of only being able to play one copy a turn makes this balanced, and so you don't have 4 mega rayquazas turn one or whatever you are playing this with.

awesomeMSG

Just a guy who wants to master Greninja BREAK
They better have a spirit link this time for mega Gardevoir so you can actually use it after the next few rotations. We better have more than two megas (recent sets were bad with this) and get a very playable set. Also when will we get the full art Sycamore, hopefully in this set. Like other some other split sets, we get two full art supporters in English so we can finally make are deck look that much shinier with having to use reverses ;).

TheLunaticHypno

Just your average Hypno fan
I NEEEEED a Mega Salamence EX in my life. I don't care how bad the card is, if the art is at least decent I Will be making a Deck with it.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Anyone has any idea why the Gardevoir set is named Cruel Traitor?

Considering that the set is inspired by/connected to the movie coming out this summer, it's possible that it's related to the role that Mega Gardevoir plays in the movie. However, given how little we know of both the set and the movie, there's not really much to base speculation off of.

collinhall

Aspiring Trainer
Another mini set? On top of the one we are getting in April? And another shiny mega Gardevoir? Not sure how I feel.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
The 11 Mythical promos we've been getting in those Generations box-sets are likely in the mini-set, as they're not derived from any current Japanese cards. Also makes sense considering what happened with the full-arts in the Legendary Shine collection outside Japan, which were treated in a very similar way.

Serpens

Aspiring Trainer
Considering that the set is inspired by/connected to the movie coming out this summer, it's possible that it's related to the role that Mega Gardevoir plays in the movie. However, given how little we know of both the set and the movie, there's not really much to base speculation off of.
Possible spoilers, then, you say? A Gardevoir acting as a double agent of some sort? Looks like the screenwriters are getting creative...

Tails19950

Aspiring Trainer
I now have hope for Mega Steelix, Mega Beedril and Mega Salamence!!!! :D

We'll just need Mega Sidgeot, Slowbro, Pinsir, Sableye, Medicham, Sharpdeo, Camerupt, Banette, Latias, Lopunny, and Abomasnow then ... hmmm, still quite a list

Why weren't Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt in the Team Aqua/Magma set? :S

Pikachu6319

Scooby
I now have hope for Mega Steelix, Mega Beedril and Mega Salamence!!!! :D

We'll just need Mega Sidgeot, Slowbro, Pinsir, Sableye, Medicham, Sharpdeo, Camerupt, Banette, Latias, Lopunny, and Abomasnow then ... hmmm, still quite a list

Why weren't Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt in the Team Aqua/Magma set? :S

Been asking that since Primal Clash when we got Sharpedo EX and Camerupt EX.

So much stuff and not much of a wallet to speak of this year in the first place....