Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

Looking forward to these sets, even though I would've preferred something other than Shiny Mega Gardevoir. I think M-Steelix, M-Salamence or Slurpuff (jk) would have been better as mascots. Other than those two, I'm hoping we'll get a Mega Medicham and a Mega Lopunny EX as well :)

I do wonder if Volcanion will be a Fire- or a Water-type, it's design fits best with Fire (imo) but I think it would look really interesting with the bright red clashing with the blue!

I also just really want Shellos and Gastrodon to make an appearance *prays for them to be in the set*

Fair enough. Actually Pidgeot getting a mega was on my bucket list so I was at least able to cross that off.
I think hypno might get a mega in sun and moon, because he is the pokemon that makes you go to sleep, and what do you associate with sleeping? The moon. I already pre ordered moon, but if he gets a mega exclusive to sun I might just die

Last edited:
If we're getting Mega Gardevoir again and a new Mechanic, my money's on the Mega Evos becoming BREAK Exclusive now, and doing away with the EX Mechanic.

I think hypno might get a mega in sun and moon, because he is the pokemon that makes you go to sleep, and what do you associate with sleeping? The moon. I already pre ordered moon, but if he gets a mega exclusive to sun I might just die
Don't worry, I'll give you a hypnonite from my sun version(^:

If we're getting Mega Gardevoir again and a new Mechanic, my money's on the Mega Evos becoming BREAK Exclusive now, and doing away with the EX Mechanic.

inb4 Stage 5 M-Gardevoir BREAK becomes a thing

Also, I just want to mention that I live for @crystal_pidgeot 's complaints every set that there isn't going to be a M-Pidgeot EX. You've got some crazy passion and perseverance dude. It reminds me every 3 months or so about the importance of never giving up :')

Maybe one day xD.

inb4 Stage 5 M-Gardevoir BREAK becomes a thing

Also, I just want to mention that I live for @crystal_pidgeot 's complaints every set that there isn't going to be a M-Pidgeot EX. You've got some crazy passion and perseverance dude. It reminds me every 3 months or so about the importance of never giving up :')

Maybe one day xD.

Its not a unrealistic request. Pidgeot is a pretty popular Pokemon and hasn't had a good card since FRLG. We got enough Charizard and Gardevoir. Other Pokemon need some love too.

Don't worry, I'll give you a hypnonite from my sun version(^:
Thanks! If he does get a mega *cough* TPCi *cough* it will probably be in moon. We can do a swap if that does happen tho. Sun exclusive hypnite for a moon exclusive mega stone

My EX/Break prediction:

Explosive fighter:
Volcanion EX
Slurpuff EX
Banette EX
M Banette EX
Yanmega Break
Darmanitan Break

Cruel traitor:
Gardevoir EX
M gardevoir EX
Salamence EX
M Salamence EX
Braviary Break
Gourgeist Break

These pokemon all deserve cards, except Gardevoir/M Gardevoir. We have seen enough gardevoir.

The only saving grace I can personally think is that maybe the Gardevoir EX/M. Gardevoir EX is a new version that are psychic types. Otherwise it seems like a waste.

What I wonder is; let's assume this is the penultimate set. Let's assume that each set has two megas for a total of four although it might as well be three since it seems M. Gardevoir is in it. The following set has three. We're still missing a handful of them, how do we get those made up?

I kind of hope we wind up with two different Volcanion's, one for each type. Or that we get a fire version in the main set and a water version in the special set. Look at all the Zygarde's we have and they're all fighting type. I suspected they'd all be dragon and we'd struggle to get a dragon type and instead it seems to be the opposite.

What I wonder is; let's assume this is the penultimate set. Let's assume that each set has two megas for a total of four although it might as well be three since it seems M. Gardevoir is in it. The following set has three. We're still missing a handful of them, how do we get those made up?

Probably the same way they did Aerodactyl, Mawile, Audino, and Garchomp: through Promos and Decks.

If this double set means we'll get two ETBs for the English release, I'm all here for it.

Also I hope this M Gardevoir is a new card and not yet another reprint from Primal Clash. Hopefully it's a psychic type this time around. Just something...different.

Probably the same way they did Aerodactyl, Mawile, Audino, and Garchomp: through Promos and Decks.

Um, we haven't received M. Garchomp EX through promo boxes. At least not yet, I bet that's the next one coming after M Mawile though. Also, we've never received EX type Pokémon through decks, unplayable world championship decks not withstanding. Note that as far as I'm concerned I'm talking about American products.

I might be wrong but I doubt we'll get two ETB's. They'll likely combine the set into one and only have one box and probably have Volcanion on it.

Um, we haven't received M. Garchomp EX through promo boxes. At least not yet, I bet that's the next one coming after M Mawile though. Also, we've never received EX type Pokémon through decks, unplayable world championship decks not withstanding. Note that as far as I'm concerned I'm talking about American products.

I might be wrong but I doubt we'll get two ETB's. They'll likely combine the set into one and only have one box and probably have Volcanion on it.

I was talking in general for both English and Japanese releases.

With how much TCG, no, Pokémon stuff that is being released this year, I will be surprised if my wallet doesn't run away by the end of the year

Probably not for a little longer still. The set hasn't even been officially revealed yet, and AmiAmi won't list until they receive all necessary information from Pokémon.
They put the items up! I preordered the zygard blister and 2 boxes of the set!

Back