Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Ok I like where this is going. I guess it's just odd that they have so much Gardevoir stuff.
-Mega Gardevoir (XY5)
-Shiny Mega Gardevoir (PC2)
-Shiny Mega Gardevoir (XY11)

Anyway the set looks good and looking back at XY8 when there were 59 cars per set I can predict this set will have 140-150 cards in English this August and I am excited to see what will be leaked in these coming weeks.

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
Wait a minute... Shiny M-Gardevoir's set is called Cruel Traitor?
I have a character that always wears a black dress, has powerful magic abilities, can teleport, and was a traitor to her people. o_O
What the hawk??

Idir

Aspiring Trainer
"Magearna is from the seventh generation, so it definitely won’t be in the set."

I'm pretty sure Lucario, who is a Gen4 Pokémon, appeared in many Gen3 sets, including a Pokepark promo card. So, Magearna could appear in this set.

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
Wonder what the new mechanic could be.

Ancient trait was a horrendous mechanic, they took it out within a year.

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
How many mega Gardievors have we had so far? I want a Salamance EX, Banett EX, Pidgeot EX, and other mega evolutions we haven't got yet

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
"Magearna is from the seventh generation, so it definitely won’t be in the set."

I'm pretty sure Lucario, who is a Gen4 Pokémon, appeared in many Gen3 sets, including a Pokepark promo card. So, Magearna could appear in this set.
Zygarde 10%/100% were in the last set and they won't appear till seventh gen so why not Magearna?

benaji

Aspiring Trainer
Torn as I've been buying mythical boxes... when can we expect the aMiami preorders for the concept pack?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Torn as I've been buying mythical boxes... when can we expect the aMiami preorders for the concept pack?

Probably not for a little longer still. The set hasn't even been officially revealed yet, and AmiAmi won't list until they receive all necessary information from Pokémon.

Last edited:

GreenPariah

Aspiring Trainer
I NEEEEED a Mega Salamence EX in my life. I don't care how bad the card is, if the art is at least decent I Will be making a Deck with it.
That's what I said about Dragonite EX FFI, and I'm pretty sure I wasted three weeks of my life trying to make that work...

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
This set already sounds good!
Shiny M Gardevoir!!! I love it! Can't have enough of that.
Volcanion (final 6th gen Pokemon)

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Lucario appeared only as Owner's Pokemon promos before its generation. Future generation's Pokemon have never been in a main set.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer

Lucario only appeared as promo cards and special decks. And only in Japan. We never got a Lucario card before DP in the West...

EDIT: ninja'd.

btw, to the user asking for a gardevoir spirit link: we already have it.

---------------------------

Another Mega Gardevoir??? This would be nicer if we didn't already got a FA in Pokekyun that features a shiny Mega Gardevoir.
Also, I'm thinking the same as other people posted: naming the set Cruel Traitor seems like they're spoiling the movie as either Mega Gardevoir or its trainer (who can be seen on the side of the protagonists on the movie poster) are actually sided with the villain. When you consider that and the fact Volcanion will be some sort of an ally in the movie, yet it's separated from Mega Gardevoir for its own subset, makes even more sense.
If that's not the case at all, then why not feature shiny Mega Gengar instead (which got a promo in Japan that we never got) or one of the other Megas on the poster?
Speaking of which, if we're supposed to base our guesses according to the pokémon movie, I hope each subset set has 3 megas instead of 2 (as there are still 14 megas unreleased and we're getting close to the end of the XY era) and they avoid repeating Megas (except Mega Gardevoir of course). From that list, Mega Salamence, Mega Beedrill, Mega Steelix, Mega Banette and Mega Sableye haven't been released yet and together with Mega Gardevoir, they make the 6 megas I'm hoping for.

I'm also inclined to guess the mythical cards we've been getting in the boxes throughout the year come from that special set. But if that's true, I wonder what will be the fate of the rest of the cards when they come to the west (probably stuffed inside a main set or released all in a box as promos like what happened to Legendary Shine Collection)... This one has secret cards though.

I would have also appretiated if they had made a regular Zygarde Perfect forme card for that promo blister. Only having 2 of the forms sounds lame to me...

Finally, as some people mentioned Mega Camerupt and Sharpedo, I think they forgot about them... At first I thought they were going to be on Double Crisis after being absent from Primal Clash. Then, I thought they would be promos... They just never happened.

Last edited:

MegaButterfree

Old Timer
Mega Salamence and Pidgeot would be great - but let's not forget there are still plenty of XY Megas (those preceding the ORAS additions) who have not yet realized their TCG dreams. I tend to think M Pinsir or M Beedrill might be in this set, as there has been a slight lull in Grass ("Grass") type Megas (so maybe a Grass M Abomasnow should be on that list as well). Whatever the case may be, looking through XY as a whole, I feel we are pretty well set on Water ("Water") EX cards for a long time, so I wouldn't mind an absence there. Of course, if for some reason this is the last XY set (I think it's the second-to-last, as foreseen by WPM), it might just be a Legendary Treasures type "greatest hits" thing, with a few new cards (Volcanion) thrown in. I hope that's not the case, though.
On another note, I "predict" that the first Sun/Moon set will feature a new Mega Electric type, as they've used them all up (pretty quickly as there are just two). My guess would be a gen fiver, like Eelectross or Galvantula (since that generation only has one thus far).
More conjecture than I prefer, but there you have it.

LiftoffLizard

Hoenn Nerd
Pokémon Company: I have a great idea!!!

Public: What?

Pokémon: Lets give you guys a reprint of a reprint (M Gardevoir), continue making BREAKS that never are any good, and spit sets out every month that have next to no creativity.

*I hope this gets my point across.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
While I'm happy about adding all four of those Gardevoir to my Shiny Collection, I'm just really miffed that Gallade has been generally shafted recently; he easily could've been with Shiny Mega Gardevoir on the Pokekyun Collection card instead of a regular Gardevoir, plus they chose Gardevoir over him in Pokken even though he seemed like an obvious choice lol but WHATEVER