Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this ability can't be shut off. It says that while attached it's a tool card, so cards like Silent Lab and Garbodor can't shut it off because it's no longer a Pokemon. Also, I think it can be discarded with Startling Megaphone, Tool Scraper, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this ability can't be shut off. It says that while attached it's a tool card, so cards like Silent Lab and Garbodor can't shut it off because it's no longer a Pokemon. Also, I think it can be discarded with Startling Megaphone, Tool Scraper, etc.

This seems correct. Of course you won't be able to trigger the ability in the first place if under Silent Lab or Garbodor - it'll just stop them interrupting it mid-turn.

Wow...a creative and complex (if not exceptionally situational) ability. It also can help the ever-despised Vespiquen decks to some degree.
I'm definitely gonna pair this with Giratina-EX! ;-)

It is absolutely not a translation error. If it was meant to be 120 + 60 on the next turn, there would be a + after the 120. That + isn't there, therefore there is no chance that the move is supposed to add 60 the second time you use it.

Actually in this instance it probably wouldn't, the + is usually omitted when the effect takes place the next turn. See: Seismitoad (Dragons Exalted) and Sylveon (Furious Fists) in both cases Echoed Voice does 50 more damage on the next turn but the attack is not printed as 50+

So you can attach this card to a Mega Gardevoir with a spirit link because it states,"To one of you Pokemon in play."

So you can attach this card to a Mega Gardevoir with a spirit link because it states,"To one of you Pokemon in play."
Guess we'll have to see if the official translation will add in the text saying to attach it to a Pokemon that doesn't have a Pokemon Tool attached to it...

I was waiting for TPCi to introduce Pokemon that can turn into Tools.
They've already done this multiple times. Unown Q and Unown G are prime examples.

unique card

*looks at Unown G*

Wow...a creative and complex (if not exceptionally situational) ability. It also can help the ever-despised Vespiquen decks to some degree.
I'm definitely gonna pair this with Giratina-EX! ;-)
How is it exceptionally situational? It works against literally any deck with a Mega Pokémon. Exceptionally situational would be like if it said a lightning-type mega with special energy attached, or something specific like that.

I see fairy decks using this card, maybe other decks as well but don't know that for sure.
Why fairy decks specifically? It's not like they gain anything from it that other decks don't.

Last edited:
hmm... How about buffing Mega Pokémon instead of constantly making cards to counter them when most of them aren't that good to begin with? Just a thought, PCL...

Interesting way for Vespiquen to fill up the discard pile once Battle Compressor rotates...4 of this + 4 Unown is 100 damage.

And, even if your opponent uses Karen, it's not entirely impossible for you to get all of these back in the discard within a turn or two either.

The more text the better, cool ability that means cool new things are coming (hopefully!)

I will attach this to my umbreon ex so It does not get 1 hit knock out by mega rayquaza and I will just zoroark for it to be in range kelfkey the umbreon ex then lysander or mega catcher for game :p

Sad to say with the new karren the opponent can get infinite use just out of one klefkey but it can easily be lysandered around. I think it will be very useful in my greninja break deck vs mega sceptile to not be an auto loss along :) with more lists playing faded town instead of rough seas? for mega rayquaza as well :s

Last edited:
How is it exceptionally situational? It works against literally any deck with a Mega Pokémon. Exceptionally situational would be like if it said a lightning-type mega with special energy attached, or something specific like that.

You just answered your own question if a Cards use is only against one particular type of card then it becomes situational. Unless you want to split hairs between situational and "Exceptionally situational" but really this card is pretty useless against most of the popular decks.

They could at least made this a permanent affect to counter Raquazza a little as i really do believe him to be one of the top threats next rotation Assuming its Primal Clash on and that we dont get that stupid CP4 set

lmao the Unown G comparisons

This card is nothing like Unown G.

Klefki prevents damage. Unown G prevented everything except damage.

Klefki is temporary. Unown G was permanent.

I can already see a Klefki BREAK.

No chance for that in this set unfortunately, Klefki is 40/54 and Xerneas is 41/54 so no room for a Klefki BREAK.

I would like to see how a Klefki BREAK would work though with activating Klefki's ability saying you discard all cards attached, so Klefki BREAK would be discarded as well.

No chance for that in this set unfortunately, Klefki is 40/54 and Xerneas is 41/54 so no room for a Klefki BREAK.

I would like to see how a Klefki BREAK would work though with activating Klefki's ability saying you discard all cards attached, so Klefki BREAK would be discarded as well.
1. It could be steel type 2. Klefki BREaK wouldn't get discarded as technically Klefki BREAK is the one using the ability not Klefki so It'll stay :p

They have got to stop giving these cards the cutest art, I can already feel my bank card snapping and my bookcase bending.

Back