Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

I never said it wasn't I just said we can't be 100% sure it was...
But also is the translation correct, isn't it supposed to say 60 MORE damage?
I read the Japanese card and unfortunately it says "When this Pokémon uses Soul Blaster next turn, the damage becomes 60," so it doesn't increase by 60 to 180, just becomes 60. Total garbage. It's only useful as a Trevenant Break counter.

I read the Japanese card and unfortunately it says "When this Pokémon uses Soul Blaster next turn, the damage becomes 60," so it doesn't increase by 60 to 180, just becomes 60. Total garbage. It's only useful as a Trevenant Break counter.
but doesn't this part, "this Pokemon’s Soul Blaster attack", mean that you could just switch to a second copy and still get the 120 damage?

It could be still be a translation error like how Glaceon EX originally said "evolved pokemon" Instead of "Evolution cards"

It could be still be a translation error like how Glaceon EX originally said "evolved pokemon" Instead of "Evolution cards"

It is absolutely not a translation error. If it was meant to be 120 + 60 on the next turn, there would be a + after the 120. That + isn't there, therefore there is no chance that the move is supposed to add 60 the second time you use it.

Doubtful. I think Resistance Blizzard benefits the user (as opposed to disadvantaging the opponent).
Correct.Resistance Blizzard effects Regice not the opposing Pokemon, which is what Mystic Heart along with say Wonder Energy would not go through. Same goes for Safeguard.

Tyrantrum EX's Despotic Fang would pierce through an attack effect like Resistance Blizzard or Safeguard.

It is absolutely not a translation error. If it was meant to be 120 + 60 on the next turn, there would be a + after the 120. That + isn't there, therefore there is no chance that the move is supposed to add 60 the second time you use it.
Minion NXD would like to prove you wrong

This goes so well with a Seismitoad deck, don't even need to worry about finding him. Just attach a double colorless to something. And you are all set :O!

CkQY7Q_UkAAtCJX.jpg:large

Klefki
Ability: Wonder Lock
You can use this ability once per turn if this card is in your bench. Discard all cards attached to this Pokemon and use this Pokemon as a tool card. Prevent all damage done to the Pokemon this card is attached to from your opponent's Mega Pokemon. Discard this card at the end of your opponent's next turn.

Such ridiculous cards... At least, it's got the nerf to be for 1 turn only.

Last edited:
Another good card for the cruel traitor ahaha
Just remove the spirit link and add this
And if it's not useful in a game, just sacrifice it for 10 more damage xd

Also, the card is so cute <3

Hmm another card to auto discard for standard alone lucario. Or some sort of bee deck if they still exist after karen.

should see play in some decks like burst ballon does in trevanent break decks. though we don't have very many megas in the top tier of the meta atm, though it could change with this set/rotation.

with revive and 4 of these klefki you can have 8 turns of protection from megas, can also use sacred ash/super rod + level ball

hmm fight alone lucario maybe? since you want a low bench size, protection on your poke is important.

Splashable card with a good effect; I was waiting for TPCi to introduce Pokemon that can turn into Tools.

The amount of play this sees will depend on the metagame - at the moment Megas already seem to be on a downward spiral and this feels like the next nail in the coffin.

Unown G has returned to the meta! Well, sort of...

Glad to see that, like Golduck Break, it isn't type exclusive (there are way too many cards like that; this is what causes some Pokémon types, such as fighting, to become extremely broken in terms of support).

Nice artwork too. Not sure if the tower in the background has any relevance...

I just realised: this makes Jolteon, Glaceon (and possibly Espeon) -EX decks even more powerful than before.

Personally, It is my belief that even though Magearna wasn't in X and Y (nor could be found through hacks), it is still a Gen 6 Pokémon. Something about the design, the feel, the whole kinda-looks-like Diancie thing...

I also assume that it will be available, with Zygarde Perfect and 10%, either next year in a second round of X and Y era games, or (what I'm really hoping for) is that after you beat the Champoin of Alola you can head off to explore Kalos and find both Pokémon hidden there. I mean, I don't have too much of a problem with just getting the Pokémon, but I feel like after scanning the code/putting in the password/other it would be better to actually meet Magearna as part of a Post-game additional story.

If Magearna is Gen 6, it will be after Volcanion in the Pokédex. As a Gen 7 Pokémon, I still assume this number to be the same.

Either way, really neat card!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back