Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

I was expecting it being dual type, but I guess they didn't want to release two dual type Fairy Ex Pokemon.

HOLY CRAP!
-Use Dragonite ex from FF to instantly power up with any energy from your bench, then use this card to switch out to something else and profit by instantly powering up any Pokemon!
-You can also add Team Magma's Camerupt from Double Crisis for fighting or fire decks. Groudon and Zygarde come to mind.
-Ho-oh just became a lot more viable
-Dragon Rayquaza profits from this.
-Turn Zygarde 10% into Zygarde 100%
-Ninja escape Hoopas and Shaymins
-Seismatoad could possibly become a tech along with this card, switching in for a damaged or weak ex, or to finish off a pokemon with 30-50 hp left to throw a surprise mankey wrench.
- Power up a card with damage reduction capabilities like Photon wave mewtwo, and then switch into something else

-Too many uses to count!!!!

I know someone mentioned AT Electrike earlier, but oh man... imagine using Carbink Break to set up Promo Regirock safely, and then Ninja Boy-ing the Regi out for an attacker? Since Carbink accelerates any energy at all, it could make for a neat toolbox engine, if not just making Regirock + Ninja Boy a really cool combo to throw into Fighting decks

Waaaaaiiiiittttt a second....

A while back didn't a developer give the hint "flowers" for the next Pokémon Sun and Moon that were then unknown?

Is Magearna's mechanical flower what he was talking about?

I really love this card, I'd love to see this in the new Genesect EX Deck's or D.A.B (Dialga, Aegislash, Bronzong.) It's a really balanced card, and I can't wait to see the full art!

Is this second attack really "does 60 damage" and not "does 60 more damage"? If so that sounds really bad for an attack on an already low-hp EX.

I know, in the games, Light of Ruin is Eternal Flower Floette's signature move but since there's no Z game, I wonder if they ditched that Floette in Sun & Moon and Light of Ruin has become Magearna's signature move instead...

This is a much needed buff for metal decks. Glad to see this type is playing into defensive play rather than do as much damage as possible. Would love to see the water and colorless type get much more support.

hmm last poke with this ability (or close to it) was Espeon DEX and its promo reprint. the espeon just required energy attachment while this requires metal, but espeon is a stage 1 while this is a basic with higher hp so its easier to get into play.

so overall a good tech card in metal decks especially if trevanent break remains big.

Beautiful artwork cant wait to see the full art. Will make metal more competative again :) genesect ex, mega scizor and bronzong break too

Now, I hate to say I told ya so, oh who am I kidding I love to say it... I TOLD YA SO!
Looking at you jessalakasam....

Anyways, what is it with Pokemon and Metal lately? Mega Scizor-EX, Bronzong BREAK, Genesect-EX, and now Magearna-EX. At least Magearna makes sense. The others are kinda just...random.

Last edited:
Wonder what its pokedex blurb says - do we have a a translation of that?
Would be cool if it gave us little hints of what to expect in Sun/Moon.

Wonder what its pokedex blurb says - do we have a a translation of that?
Would be cool if it gave us little hints of what to expect in Sun/Moon.
I highly doubt that they would reveal anything of significance or even subtle hints. Since Magearna is a Generation VII Pokemon (provided with evidence that there was no game play leaks), I thought that Magearna would also receive an EX because they wanted to keep its Pokedex entry hidden, among other reasons they made it one.

Back