Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

If Pyroar becomes a Tier 2 or Tier 1 deck, Grass will see less play, which means the return of Primal Groudon. He ain't scared of weak 200 damage to him when he has Focus Sash, Pokemon Center Lady and Omega Barrier.

Pyroar, I'm sure even with the BREAK, is one of those decks that's easy to wear out. So even if your Pyroar BREAKs manage to take 2-3 prizes off an EX deck, the EX deck can just steamroll and your favourite lion won't have an answer.

Wow, this Break with Pyroar XY, Blacksmith and Protection Cube and maybe Volcanion-Ex to 1HKO EXs with FFB and Megas would be awesome! Would love to play this deck!

wow, powerful card! i hope they bring back blacksmith. i feel like its one of the few cards that i would like to see reprinted, its become a staple part of the fire archetype in my mind now and i like how they've kept it balanced.

also, i always find it interesting how the tcg favours different pokemon to the videogame. game pyroar is an absolute joke in competitive play apart from in the lowest tiers, yet tcg pyroar got all that hype in flashfire, got another decent-ish ability later on and now gets a BREAK card (and im sure this new regular pyroar will also receive a nice shiny ability or interesting attacks)

Why does female Pyroar get no love? :/ Far better than the male in my opinion.

How good this is depends on the pre-Break, imo. 180 for 3 isn't too bad, though.

It's sad how cards like these get released just after the rotation...

Well, Kaiser Tackle is nice, but 50 recoil damage seems a lot.

People here talking about Volcanion-EX, remember it only increases damage from BASIC Fire Pokémon.
I know, it's dumb but that's how it is...

I am starting to wonder if Blacksmith will get a reprint after all. A few months ago I would have said the acceleration is essential to keep the fire deck viable at all, but it seems to me they are in the process of making enough new fire cards that will allow for other ways of acceleration. Maybe in the future you will be expected to rely on the likes of Delphox Break and TM Camarupt and not on Blacksmith. That'd be pretty awful for fire type, but it does feel like they want to move away from Blacksmith somewhat.

As if Pyroar didn't look enough like Solego already -_-

But yeah I mean I think it's reasonable to expect that Blacksmith and Protection Cube get reprints -- especially Blacksmith, less so PC. The real thing that would make this deck viable would be Pyroar FLF, and that almost certainly will not get a reprint.

Anyway I hope that attack name stays.

lmao these are great. the best part is seeing people that fall for it in the comments. WPM i love you for making me laugh so hard every time xD

Yes, but Protection Cube and Blacksmith will rotate before we will see Pyroar BREAK in our set... :/
I said that it will probably get rotated out before we know its potential so you just said something I already stated...of course you could still play this in expanded if archeops gets rotated out and wont be forced to play wally or the wob.

Well well it has quite the damage dealer for an attack. Chances are for Standard we won't have either of the good Pyroars to BREAK from so I really want to see if the new one does.

Break REALLY wants Intimating Mane or Flare Command and I don't think the new one for this set has an ability.

Everyone seems to be assuming that the rotation will be Primal Clash-On, but with all these cards they're printing now PCL seems to be hinting that there won't be a rotation, at least in Japan. It's always impossible to tell if tPCI will follow what happens in Japan, but if I had to guess at this point, I'd say that we're going to see a year WITHOUT a rotation. I just have a hunch.

Oh gosh, the new Pyroar art is so gorgeous!! I don't even care what it does, I want 18 of them!!

I am laughing so hard right now. That second attack is the greatest thing ever.

Anyway! It seems alright, I'm not sure it's attack is all that great. Even if blacksmith and protection cube were to rotate out, it's just not that good.

Back