Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Good observation. Though Hawlucha is arguably the best as it's a Basic Pokemon. The fact that your opponent chooses the Pokemon to switch stops this from being broken but I can still see this being used as a 1 or 2 in some decks.

Also, that art is awesome.

Empoleon_master likes this.

2. Kangaflora Aspiring Trainer
    Kangaflora

So we finally got clear version of Hawlucha. Too bad the Weakness got corrected. But I can't fault it, as this Pokémon gives other Flying types hope for having a Colorless Version released. But it also gives me hope that one day, Surskit will be Water (with Lightning Weakness), and a Colorless Masquerain will be released.

3. Ms Hugo Aspiring Trainer
    Ms Hugo

This + Lysandre is a decent counter if a Jirachi's walling your Special Energy attackers.

Pipotchi likes this.
  4. SharKing I won't bite... much.
    SharKing

That Ability is honestly just a worse Escape Rope. How sad; I was hoping the first Colorless Hawlucha would be decent.

asdjklghty likes this.
  5. Javi Blizz Spanish TCG Player
    Javi Blizz

This could be good in a M Gardevoir (Cruel Traitor) deck

6. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

Something I just thought of: Hawlucha is a direct counter to an unprepared Trevenant.

7. Numelz Numelz Ariadoney Clear Nail Polish
    Numelz Numelz

The art is so green. I can see this being paired with flying press hawluch--- WAIT A MINUTE THEYRE BOTH HAWLUCHA DARNIT!!!

Actually, I have to say it IS VIABLE. With dimension valley and BKT florges attacks for free and 2hkos most things. The added discard can also be a counter for target whistle based decks. Oh yeah and it helps NM. If you can fit it in NM that is.

8. Gengar Lv. X Aspiring Trainer
    Gengar Lv. X

Pokemon Circulator (Unleashed 81) ;)

Empoleon_master likes this.
  9. asdjklghty -------------
    asdjklghty

Seems to take up too much space and is too difficult of a combo to pull off. Just play more hammers and team flare grunts.

10. Ms Hugo Aspiring Trainer
    Ms Hugo

I dunno, a 2-card out to something that walls your Giratina? I guess Escape Rope has more versatility though.

AgentMFilms likes this.
  11. Not too playable, but my first thought was that it could be a 1-of disruptor in M Ray decks. That was because I misread it.

12. crystal_pidgeot Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
    crystal_pidgeot

I just want my flying type already. I hope it happens soon. Not really impressed with the card.

Skyleaf2000 likes this.
  13. AgentMFilms The Anti-Meta One
    AgentMFilms

I'd argue that the solution to a lack of space wouldn't be throwing in more cards. Hawlucha and Lysandre were mentioned so that one might be able to end Jirachi's walling effect, not so that one could simply stop it from happening next turn. Hawlucha and Lysandre would be a much more viable option, considering that you wouldn't have to depend on coin flips in any way, and you could always choose a different Pokémon instead.

14. PikaMasterJesi Relic from the Past
    PikaMasterJesi

At first, I thought this was like Luxray Lv. X, but now it's like that Gallade's attack from Plasma Storm. It doesn't have much use unless your opponent has one bench, really, or if their bench is filled with Shaymins and Jirachis.

15. SaitoGmr5 Aspiring Trainer
    SaitoGmr5

People don't you realize what this is? It's a catcher, the same effect before the errata, this is not decent, it's broken, and i can see it becoming a staple in a lot of agressive decks. You don't even need a lot of space or scoop ups, almost all of you that play Shaymin, play AZ, using this guy can save you a supporter for a turn, decks like locks will love this because you can save a Lysandre and use a Xerosic, or fire decks, don't lose a Blacksmith for that turn.

16. I think it has a lot of use; namely if the opponent's active has an ability that's impairing you, like Trev or Wobbuffet or a Safeguard Pokemon, or a Burst Balloon, etc.

The opponent chooses, so it's not like the Catcher. It's more akin to a one-sided Escape Rope.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  17. DTheConqueror Pokemon Researcher
    DTheConqueror

I think that Mega garevoir would be well with Night March. Wouldn't you agree?

18. Starsoulklr 'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
    Starsoulklr

Not quite Wobbuffet as Wobb turns off Sudden Cyclone. But you are right about turning off Trev being very useful.

It's all about when you do use it. It could be useful when used at the right board position. If anything being colorless makes it being easier to put in a deck.

Purrloin likes this.
  19. D'oh you're right. My mind broke for a moment; I was thinking it'd activate from the hand before Wob for some reason. :p

I hate Wob...

20. Pipotchi Aspiring Trainer
    Pipotchi

nice vs jolteon! for any deck that wants to run escape rope/lysandre this is like 5x the opportunity to hit it thanks to ultra ball, i feel like this card is going to see play for sure

Last edited: May 30, 2016

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?