Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

Oh yeah!! They bought back the attack from Jungle Wigglytuff. One of the best top tier decks from the Wizards of the Coast days. Those where the days :)

Now if we can get a reprint of "Challenge" from the Team Rocket set, we'll be good to go with Audino EX.

(* For those to young to remember the "Challenge" card, it stated "Ask your opponent if he or she accepts your challenge. If your opponent declines (or if both Benches are full), draw 2 cards. If your opponent accepts, each of you searches your decks for any number of Basic Pokémon cards and puts them face down onto your Benches. (A player can't do this if his or her Bench is full.) When you both have finished, shuffle your decks and turn those cards face up.")

Either way it was a win/ win card. Either you got a full bench turn 1, or 2 extra cards in hand.

Though to be fair its nothing compared to the cards in today's formats. We have level ball, which does pretty much the same thing, but better as it can search for evolution cards with 90 HP or less, and we have "Bridget" and "Pokemon Fan Club" to fill up the bench.
and "Do the Wave" becomes even more powerful with "Sky Field Stadium" letting you have 8 Pokemon on the bench.

With a full sky field you are only doing 140. Audino could be great if you can figure out how to make it hit 180. But three energy can be a pain. Maybe bats would work well with it. But with heavy plays of parallel city around from nightmarch and other things that want to use it to keep their shaymins off the board it will not be a great deck. Too easily counterable by a card that people already often run 1 ofs.

Upsides and downsides to the basic EX, but I'm not expecting much off do the wave. Now the mega could be great with bats or other damage spread abilities. 110 and 50 to bench is a lot with Shaymin being a thing. Lysander spam and bats could be a three prize game in two turns if you can find a way to consistently set up, bounce bats and target whistle/lysandre two shaymins + third knocked out with bats and overspill damage from M audio. And with the mega you can use compressor/turbo shenanigans to power up in one turn.

How would Audino sound if you paired it with Skyfield and Archie's Empoleon BKT (+20 damage for Basics)? 1 Empoleon + 7 benched would be 160 (base 60 + 10*8 for benched + 20 from Empoleon) and you could pump it out every turn and add more Empoleon if you wanted. Muscle Band would let you OHKO 180HP EXs as well.

I don't see it actually winning stuff but it sounds like a cool fun deck in theory.

Chaos Tower is a great edition to the game considering how special conditions seem to be a thing once again. I also don't think fighting pokemon need more support...

I think fighting is getting too much support with this set, maybe because fighting stadium will be rotated out in August most likely assuming the first 3 expansions or maybe 4 xy sets will be...my hope is night march gets rotated. Chaos tower is a nice replacement for zoroark line depending on the situation and gives decks that don't run any stadiums to run some. It is funny that we did not have many playable stadiums in the BW series but in XY there is a stadium in every set.

Audino EX reminds me more of Wigglytuff ex from Hidden Legends. probably one of my favorite regular EX's in design.

i can see Audino working well as a quicker attacker on M rayquaza decks.
Mega ray can mega evolve turn one, and has the same attack cost... Imo it would not benefit for throw a few in there. If anything I would rather run a 2-2 Raichu line, for the damage boost

Chaos Tower is a great edition to the game considering how special conditions seem to be a thing once again. I also don't think fighting pokemon need more support...

You're right (about the fighting support thing). Oddly, it seems that Strong Energy may be reprinted since it was in the Zygarde EX Perfect Battle Deck. I may be wrong, but wouldn't it be weird if it wasn't? I mean, sure, we've seen some Japanese cards never make it out of Japan (I'm looking at you, Hollow Geist M Gengar EX <_<), but those are/were all Pokémon IIRC.

You're right (about the fighting support thing). Oddly, it seems that Strong Energy may be reprinted since it was in the Zygarde EX Perfect Battle Deck. I may be wrong, but wouldn't it be weird if it wasn't? I mean, sure, we've seen some Japanese cards never make it out of Japan (I'm looking at you, Hollow Geist M Gengar EX <_<), but those are/were all Pokémon IIRC.
do you know what would be AMAZING?!?!?! in the mini set, if they would re release the hollow geist gengar! yknow, because the mega gengar in the movie is shiny.

I see this getting some play. Might become a new problem I need to build against. However Carbink BREAK is a good restorer in terms of replenishing my Pokemon with energy. A Pokemon I will definitely consider when re building my heavy hitting fighting deck. Lots of those Pokemon go through energy quickly. This will definitely be a help with that.

Tell me what do you think of this flashfire carbink then break evolve attach fairy energy to him every turn?

Yay! All is well with Strong Energy in English!!!

And we also get a Judge replacement reprinted, but it is a card that we all know about:

N... The person that likes to bring order and equality to all sides, even in card form...

I don't care if people think he's broken. I like a shake-up in a game like this one...

Back