Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

You know I agree having Team Rocket's Scheme as the full art is unneeded, but we need another full art N even less in my opinion. Not that we have any other contenders in the Japanese set itself I suppose.

I know it's not part of the Japanese set but why not a full art of Lass's Recommendation instead? It makes as much sense as some of the others we've seen like Battle Reporter and Teammates.

Or how about Squishy...er, Power Memory as a full art?

My goodness a 150hp Kabutops. Along with it's attacks that may also recover a lot of hp as well is it the MVP?

Is the top attack really called 'stick to'?

images
*sniff*

My goodness a 150hp Kabutops. Along with it's attacks that may also recover a lot of hp as well is it the MVP?

Garchomp BKP is much better for many reasons:
1. It's not a Fossil. (rely a lot on luck to getting Kabuto in your bench first turn)
2. Dont rely on a coin flip for hitting big numbers.
3. Can recover Strong Energy
4. Has 0 Retreat.

Does anyone else feel that Mgarchomp is to weak?
I mean look at this garchomp card, its pure power! Why cant Mgarchomp be so powerfull?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 17
I thought this set was about psychic Pokemon ... why are there like 1 1/2 psych Pokemon then? And who would actually seriously consider Tyranitar? Not only does it require the deed to my house in order to power it up, but you also get punished by discarding 2 cards. Lol ... no thanks.

Kingdra ex, lucario metal, fairy drop and energy pouch are great.

Is it just me or does the Secret Rare version of Alakazam-EX show the shiny version of the Pokemon? Look at the colouration of the kneecap, for example.

Normal:

Spr_6x_065_m.png

Shiny:

Spr_6x_065_m_s.png

Wow, this set looks amazing. All 3 Wormadam, Mothim, Seel, Dewgong, Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops.

The only only disappointments for me is the Alakazam Full Art, who drew that? And also no N Full Art.

On the flip side I really like the art on the secret rare, at least Alakazam got 1 good full art.

No FA N this set. There's no room for it. We get TR as an FA Supporter instead.

There's not really a limit on full art supporters, they could have done both. If there's one thing lacking from these new sets it's more full art supporters. Hex Maniac and Ace Trainer were also missed opportunities.

Wow Lugia is in the background of Alakazam secret full art.
I totally like the Hawlucha artwork in the battle deck. Wish it was more powerful.

Garchomp BKP is much better for many reasons:
1. It's not a Fossil. (rely a lot on luck to getting Kabuto in your bench first turn)
2. Dont rely on a coin flip for hitting big numbers.
3. Can recover Strong Energy
4. Has 0 Retreat.

You are right with those points. Yeah the difficulty in getting fossils in play is the big drawback. I wished they went back to how it was in DP series fossil cards. I'm really surprised they gave Kabutops 150hp.

There's not really a limit on full art supporters, they could have done both. If there's one thing lacking from these new sets it's more full art supporters. Hex Maniac and Ace Trainer were also missed opportunities.

"No room" as in the numbers go right from Altaria FA to Team Rocket FA to Gold Alakazam FA, so there is literally no space in the set for an N FA to be as of this printing, despite an earlier set list originally claiming that there was going to be an N FA. My post wasn't me being philosophical about how many FA supporters there should be or anything, just factual regarding the cards released in this set. I would have happily had an N FA as well (or more FA supporters from earlier sets), but it's simply not in the cards for XY10.

Is it just me or does the Secret Rare version of Alakazam-EX show the shiny version of the Pokemon? Look at the colouration of the kneecap, for example.

Normal:

Spr_6x_065_m.png

Shiny:

Spr_6x_065_m_s.png
I think you might be right :eek: that certainly isn't brown on those kneecaps

Y'know, it's funny. I literally made a post last night on the Facebook group for my locals with my predictions on what we'll see in the set. If I were a betting man, I'd be rich. Here's the post in its entirety:

Time to do some math hacking to see what might be in Fates Collide, or at least the Japanese version of it.

There's going to be 5 Grass Pokemon, Shuckle being one of them. Unfortunately, we don't know the set number for Shuckle, so it's impossible to math hack.

There are two slots between Moltres and Fennekin. We just got a Numel line, and the odds of a Slugma line are slim. I'm betting on a Darumaka line.

There are two slots between Delphox BREAK and Omanyte. Those could be Fire or Water. If it's Fire, I can see it being a Litleo line. If it's Water, that opens up a LOT of possibilities: Psyduck line, Tentacool line, Seel line, Shellder line, Krabby line, Goldeen line, Staryu line, and Magikarp line. A lot of these have been seen in the last three sets, except for one: the Seel line. My money's on that.

There are three slots between White Kyurem and Alakazam EX. This is where is gets tricky, because Lightning is between Water and Psychic. I can't see Psychic types before Alakazam EX in here, so we'll focus on Lightning for the most part. The amount of Lightning Pokemon that can be in here hinges solely on one thing: Will Black Kyurem be in here or next set? If Black Kyurem is here, that means we get any of the following: Pikachu line, Voltorb line, Chinchou line, Electrike line, Plusle and Minun, Blitzle line, Joltik line, Helioptile line, or any combination of Pachirisu, Emolga, and Dedenne. Of these, I honestly can't see anything making it, as everything's been done recently or we don't need any of them.

As such, I'm betting on Black Kyurem being saved for next set and getting a full Stage 2 line of Electric Pokemon. That means it's either the Magnemite line, Mareep line, Shinx line, or Tynamo line. My money's on Mareep line.

There are two slots between Mega Alakazam EX and Mew, giving us the possibilities of getting Tentacool line, Grimer line, Drowzee line, Exeggcute line, or Koffing line. It's gonna be the Koffing line, we haven't gotten anything out of them in ages.

Like the Grass types, every single known Fighting type has an unknown set number, so math hacking is impossible. Although given the sheer amount of them, I can see them being the only ones we get in the set, since a lot of Fighting type things are gonna be in the Zygarde EX Deck.

However, there's still 6 slots unaccounted for between Grumpig (29) and Umbreon EX (42). Since Umbreon's the first Dark type in the National Dex, there's no Darkness Pokemon to come before him. We could very well still get some more Fighting types along with a few more Psychic types, but there's no knowing what they'll be.

Speaking of unknown set numbers, the Bronzor line + BREAK has those as well. Luckily, there's a smaller number between Mandibuzz and Lucario, leaving 1 slot unaccounted for. If it's Metal, that could give us a clue or two on what other Fighting types are in the set. We already have a Fighting to Darkness evolution in Pupitar/Tyranitar, and Riolu to Lucario is Fighting to Metal, but it might not be the only one. We could see Onix and Steelix in here. There's also the chance of Burmy being one of the Grass types, and Wormadam could be different types for the different cloaks, meaning Fighting and Steel as Metal.

And then it turns out to be another fudging Pancham/Pangoro set because @!$% me, right? Not like we haven't had enough of those @!$%ers....

Three slots between Lugia BREAK and Altaria EX. Oh boy, Colorless, my favorite. At least the gap isn't that big...now I just need a Stage 2 line of Normal types....Slakoth...Whismur....y'know what? @!$% it. I'm always wrong with the Colorless math hacking, so I'm not gonna bother with it this time.

Not really, Tyrantrum also had 150 HP and no one even knows where it is despite all the Fighting support ....

So excited!! There are so many playable cards in this set. Rotom could be really good with Manectric Ex/Crobat. Also really want to build a M Alakazam deck!

So far I'm really exited about the zygarde perfect battle deck, I bet a lucarioEX would be good in that deck, as its attack system is like zygardeEX.

I'm so excited about all the new deck possibilities these new cards offer! With all the fairy healing support, it could be fun make a Sylveon EX deck. It would include cards like Fairy Drop, Pokemon Center Lady, Potion, Max Potion, and Crown of Flowers.
Also very excited to see Zygarde and all it's support. It's really too bad Furious Fists will most likely be rotated out of the format by September, and I hope more than just strong energy gets reprinted.

I think the Carbink with the Ability that prevents basic energy from being discarded has its shiny variant as the art.

Uh... no the last thing we need is more unbalance with cheap OHKO NM decks running around with no counter. If this is where the direction Pokemon is going, with no counter and support for control/defensive decks, I might quit playing. It's too frustrating playing against NM if they can utilize stuff to prevent them from being stopped.
See, there is a difference in my opinion between control and defensive decks. The first prevents your opponent from doing anything through Items and an attack/Ability (which is toxic) while the other aims at reducing damage to 2-hit or 3-hit KOs so you have momentum to take prizes faster. I do think there is support for the latter too - Fighting Spirit Belt and energy acceleration for the slower Basics that work better defensively are just a few examples.

In regards to Night March, I really don't think Carbink is going to help NM decks much at all. It doesn't protect the Special Energy, and against these decks you should be aiming to Knock Out your opponent rather than deny Energy. This set, while giving it Mew, does provide multiple counters including Grumpig, Barbacle, Rotom, Alakazam-EX, etc; while the past set has brought NM down a tier or two with Baby Yveltals, Trees and Fighting Spirit Belts, which makes a small life much more difficult.

Back