Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

Reuniclus could maybe work in expanded with mew ex only need a stage 2, stage 1, basic and dimensional valley to hit 190 (200-210 with tool) for 1 energy, with wally/evosoda/rare candy could be setup turn two kinda weak and lysandre though.

Wormadam Trash Cloak and Mothim possible lower tier deck there.

Barbacle could be interesting as a bench sitter with how much special energy is around today, course you may want to pair it with ninetails and hope they don't run paint roller.

rotom someone else mentioned he can be an awesome tech.

carbink nice but basics don't need more help stage 1/2 do.

zygarde 40 could see some play as yveltal is still pretty strong atm.

bronzong/bronzong break ok third bronzong we have so far 2 of which are bench sitters the other is ok spread damage, break could be good combined with metal link version and energy trans like golduck break but that's effectively 2 stage 2 lines. Bronzong is also the only Break I think looks really good as gold colored.

exploud interesting but would need to put in the dragalge poison can't retreat stuff and being discarded so you don't get a prize card for it.

After spending the last few hours helping WPM get this set organized and posted... man, how has he done that for so many years now! :p

In other news, I am super excited for this set! I can't wait to see how the other FAs look, and the gold-bordered Alakazam, too. :D Lots of forgotten Pokémon, lots of awesome artwork. I don't think I've been so excited for a set since the start of the ORAS era. :p

sweet, more basic round'ers. now i need something that hits round for 20x or 30x stage 1 or basic. there is one more expansion before worlds, isnt it?

So, will Strong Energy be reprinted? This Fighting type won't die lol.

Also, I was expecting some Pokémon Tool card to pair with Genesect's ability, like Burn/Douse/Shock/Chill Drive. Something like:

Burn Drive
The Pokémon this tool is attached to is now Fire type.

To make its attack Fire/Electric/Ice/Water type like in the games. TPCi, hurry up, hire me :p

After spending the last few hours helping WPM get this set organized and posted... man, how has he done that for so many years now! :p

In other news, I am super excited for this set! I can't wait to see how the other FAs look, and the gold-bordered Alakazam, too. :D Lots of forgotten Pokémon, lots of awesome artwork. I don't think I've been so excited for a set since the start of the ORAS era. :p

Yeah, if that set list post above is accurate then this set is going to be great for collectors, so many popular Pokemon. Can't wait to open my boxes.

Please please please let the Umbreon full art leak soon! I CANNOT wait to see it! I want to mount it on the wall with my Espeon full art. :)

Please please please let the Umbreon full art leak soon! I CANNOT wait to see it! I want to mount it on the wall with my Espeon full art. :)

Not good pictures, so the Full Arts look bad. They should look a lot nicer when WPM gets better images to post.

Not good pictures, so the Full Arts look bad. They should look a lot nicer when WPM gets better images to post.

Attachments

• Ala 2.jpg
    Ala 2.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Ala U.jpg
    Ala U.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Ala.jpg
    Ala.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Bird.jpg
    Bird.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Umb.jpg
    Umb.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Glac.jpg
    Glac.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 41
  • M Bird.jpg
    M Bird.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Seahorse.jpg
    Seahorse.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Seahorse.jpg
    Seahorse.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 32
  • TR.jpg
    TR.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:
This set SO AWESOME!!! Obviously there are some things that will irk me (where's Sawsbuck??? D: ) but imo one of the best XY block sets; up there with Bandit Ring and Phantom Gate!

Y!J images usually aren't the best, this is true, but it's better than nothing, so I went ahead and added those to the article for now until someone gets clearer pictures. Thanks!

I'm actually really happy that Team Rocket gets an FA instead of N. I really love that art! Of the Pokémon FAs, I think the Alakazams are the best, personally. Will be nice to see better shots of them hopefully soon, though.

Wow, this set is quite interesting!

I'm not too happy about that Carbink, as EX Basic Pokemon really don't need any more support at the moment (although it is a decent counter to the toxic Hammer variants).

Metal Spoon sounds (and looks!) really neat, but I'm not too sure how useful it'll be at this point. It blocks Tree but I think that's about it?

Uh... no the last thing we need is more unbalance with cheap OHKO NM decks running around with no counter. If this is where the direction Pokemon is going, with no counter and support for control/defensive decks, I might quit playing. It's too frustrating playing against NM if they can utilize stuff to prevent them from being stopped.

I'm also frustrated that Metal Links Bronzong wasn't reprinted or remade. Steel is going to die again why??? The Bench Fortification Ability is useless we have Mr. Mime already. I don't understand TPCi sometimes.

Everything else in this set looks good. I want the Exploud to work. I can see Zygarde EX with a supporting Fighting cast including 4 Regirock EX being Tier 1. Carbink BREAK has a good attack.

Last edited:
Im just wondering is this the final set because if the HO-OH BREAK isnt in the english set then they would
be loseing a lot of money ( lots of people want HO-OH ) ! also Hoping its the final set because when its confirmed for me im doing a set review.

It's a nice surprise to find a water Binacle/Barbacle will be in this set. Not the most impressive cards but all things considered nice.

Hope the next set gives us a water type Black Kyurem.

So we'll actually wind up with 3 Zygarde's in this set in two different forms (if we don't include Squishy since he's a trainer card) and 2 different Riolu/Lucarios.

Back