Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

Im just wondering is this the final set because if the HO-OH BREAK isnt in the english set then they would
be loseing a lot of money ( lots of people want HO-OH ) ! also Hoping its the final set because when its confirmed for me im doing a set review.

Pretty sure this is not the final XY set. We still have several megas that need to be released. Also note my point of NO water type Black Kyurem in this set to go with that White Kyurem. I suspect they will make up that difference. Oh yeah, let's not forget Volcanion hasn't been given card form yet. However note that they could take Ho-oh BREAK, Crobat BREAK and another one, possibly Mandibuzz BREAK and make another Break collection box.

Look Sun and Moon doesn't come out until end of the year. We have at least three more XY sets coming to us, maybe even four.

I just LOVE seeing the Dewgong and Burmy lines !!! welcome back !!
But again no FA Sycamore why god whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
SR EX ? enough of that already

Maybe I missed something but I just realized I can't find an obvious card in this set. Where is Altaria spirit link?

I assume because of it coming in a battle deck we won't be seeing an Audino spirit link.

Maybe I missed something but I just realized I can't find an obvious card in this set. Where is Altaria spirit link?

It exists, we just don't have an image for it yet. I'll put a text spoiler into the article now as a placeholder just so people don't think it's missing.

Total Game Changer Set. This set is going to change play style and meta.

Alakazam + Genesect + Spirit link + Tool Retriever + Devolution Spray is going to do a lot of damage. Genesect is going to be teched into every deck because of that ability. A big boost to metal decks and mega decks. The ability to move around tools is huge in this meta. And to be able to pull him out on PFC, makes the card even better.

Pokemon bench damage is no no longer relevant. Move and Put is what we really want to block...just saying.

Just me or do the Full Arts seems to be very Dark. Not that im complaining cus the Umbreon EX and Glaceon EX FA look awesome :)

Mothim hasn't been printed since like 2009.

I hate the fact that Team Rocket got the trainer full art when it's SOOOO BAAAADD.

Reuniclus could be really cool but I doubt it's going to work out. It'd work out so much better as a Grass type with Forest of Giant Plants. Getting all of those cards into play with their lame HP scores is going to suck.

Manectric/Jolteon/Glaceon seems like the deck I'm going to try to make when this comes out.

I am so happy that we got Burmy, Wormadam and Mothim, as well as Binacle and Barbaracle, now all I want is Shellos and Cherubi (+ evos). Also those Full Arts look gorgeous! I might have to pick up a box of Fates Collide (if I have enough monty) :D

YES! That Full Art Glaceon ex! Looks weird with the bad image but when I see a better image imma flip out!

Uh... no the last thing we need is more unbalance with cheap OHKO NM decks running around with no counter. If this is where the direction Pokemon is going, with no counter and support for control/defensive decks, I might quit playing. It's too frustrating playing against NM if they can utilize stuff to prevent them from being stopped.
Carbink's Ability only works for basics, so it's not a big deal NM nor others special energy basics pokes like Giratina.

I'm also frustrated that Metal Links Bronzong wasn't reprinted or remade. Steel is going to die again why??? The Bench Fortification Ability is useless we have Mr. Mime already. I don't understand TPCi sometimes.
Me too, especially because although we gona miss Metal pokes from PHF and Manectric too, i'm really tired of NM (playing with and against it) and I think this year will be the last year of PHF in Standard.

Wish Carbink BREAK attack weren't just for Fightning Pokes.

Team Rocket’s Handiwork is pathetic, even if it was straight 4 cards without coin flip it still would be bad. Really dissapointed to know it will has FA and N won't. FA N from Noble Victories will just be the second most valuable card now (only behind Ultra Ball SR)

There appear to be one open spot left to fill in between Minccino and Fossil Excavation Kit. Do we know for certain that its a Cinccino? or could it be another trainer card?

There appear to be one open spot left to fill in between Minccino and Fossil Excavation Kit. Do we know for certain that its a Cinccino? or could it be another trainer card?
Yes, you can see Cinccino next to the Coffing art. It is a different card then the Cinccino in the M Audino-EX Mega Battle Deck.

Serperior – Grass – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Servine

[C] Coil: 40 damage. During your next turn, the damage from this Pokemon’s attacks do 60 more damage.

[G] Slash Down: 80 damage. This Pokemon can’t use Slash Down during your next turn.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2
AMAZING ATTACK!! could do 200 damage!

So let me get this straight.
They made Team Rocket's Underpaid Interns into a Full Art Rare, but not N?

and AGAIN with a FA SR? We do not want those, okay? We want Gold items so we can choke gold down our throats.

Who cares about N, when he already had a full art?

Long live Team Rocket!!!!!

Alakazam + Genesect + Spirit link + Tool Retriever + Devolution Spray is going to do a lot of damage. Genesect is going to be teched into every deck because of that ability.

Genesect's ability can move only Genesect's Pokémon Tool card, why would people use Genesect in non-Metal decks?

Last edited:
Only really excited for like, tech cards. Like Barbaracle and (gasp) Servine with FoGP and AZ and Scoop Up. That interests me.

There are only a few that I would consider framing a deck around! Am I just a grumpus or what. What!!!

Fig. 1: me
51TTT8JDEML.jpg

Back