Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

I'd much rather Hatachu illustrate regular EXs than Planeta or Eske Yoshinob. They both are really inconsistent with their quality. I don't think I've seen a bad work from Hatachu.

CARBINK! I did NOT expect this from a a CRABINK! The attack ain't that good, but it's fighting, so at least it gets a boost.

You know maybe it's me but would it kill them to make a fighting Tyranitar for once? We haven't had one since Neo Destiny.

I'm glad to see a fighting Carbink though.

Now I am definitely going to make a ZyBink BREAK deck after it can't even be effected by Pokemon-EX. And only a one retreat cost :eek:. This card is insanely good :p.
I gotta agree. I'm probably gonna build that but I know there's something I'm missing that works well with this, I just don't know what it is. And honestly, WHY TPCI?! We have enough trouble WITHOUT safeguard!

I dont think tyranitar is that bad btw! Darkrai EX has an attack that deals more damage for each darkness energy in play which can have synergy with roar of anger. After 2 darkrai get KOd, Tyranitars are also accelerating for 4 energy a turn which is a single turn charge with the regular attachment, then with muscband its a 170 damage base attack. Not bad at all! If you benched 2 tyranitars at that stage, you could get 9 energy on the field in a turn which is a straight 180 base damage on Dark Pulse without any muscle band

Hmm another possible pair for CARBINK would be Mega AERODACTYL EX? The only thing I don't like about this CARBINK is that mainly the only the fighting worthwhile powering up are EX's, which CARBINK goes against. And also no Fighting EX goes past abilities with their attack. Just what to pair it with is a hard question. Maybe Medicham?

I've seen whole games won with Safe Guard.

I do like how Pokemon is mixing up the locks. Metal, Water, Electric, Grass, Psychic, and now Fighting will all have great lock Pokemon. The diversity makes the game a bit more interesting.

Gosh! The expressions on the players face is priceless. He is like a big cartoon.

I must say i'm not a very competitive player but this Carbink is definitely playable so I have my standard deck (Trev Break + Gengar ) now the Expanded deck is Going to be Carbink Break ( I can already see the price). RIP wallet my first booster box is going to have to be a Fates collide before the price gets as big as base set ;) .

Wow, Carbink BREAK is now probably the simpliest BREAK to play, as it is like a Stage 1, with the best basic among all BREAK pokes. After rotation happens, with NM and Vespiquen out, I'm definetly playing a M Mewtwo X powered by Carbink BREAK, using Damage Change Mewtwo with Shrine of Memories. I'm really excited about it. I already have made a list.

4-3 Carbink BREAK
3-3 M Mewtwo X with Damage Change Mewtwo
2 Shaymin-EX
4 Sycamore
3 N
1 Giovanni's Scheme
3 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
3 Trainer's Mail
3 Mewtwo Spirit Link
3 Float Stone
4 Shrine of Memories
4 Switch (To switch to Carbink, if you start with Mewtwo or Shaymin)
8 Fightning Energy
5 Psyquic Energy

It such a shame that we won't have Battle Compressor to throw in the discard pile 2 Energy and a Supporter to VS Seeker.

kekeke poopootar.

I'm not too sure I'd use that Tyranitar. It's attack is way too energy heavy for the damage it does. Even then, that ability just isn't worth the risk.

Carbink on the other hand... I'm excited to see safeguard come back!! I always ran at least 1 safeguard pokemon in most of my decks. It never hurt and it usually helped out a lot. I can definitely see some neat deck ideas that will include Carbink, Zygarde being one of those decks.

It's a shame that Kingdra can't work off of DDE. That would have worked out so well.

But like folks have said, Magnezone is a viable option. Mega Manectric and max elixir could probably work well, too. I just don't see it setting up as quickly as one would hope.

Regardless, it's an awesome looking card.

Judging by the almost-every-time number of 7 Pokémon in Japanese deck boxes, there is either going to be no Sawsbuck in the M Audino Battle Set, or an incomplete Gothita line :( Shame if it's the first as Sawsbuck hasn't appeared since Emerging Powers (2011)

I think it's too bad that it's not a new form of Deerling. We don't have the autumn or winter forms yet for what that's worth.

That Lucario is...uh...wow. Pretty remarkable. Even if you have 2 Pokemon out, it's still doing a ton of damage. It kind of suffers from the same issue Mind Jack does though, where the damage you do is dependent on how your opponent plays.

Back