Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

Omg Carbink brought back the safeguard ability! now it cant be hurt by ex pokemon...looks like the zygarde regirock deck is gonna be op. Also I do not understand tyranitar's ability, does this mean u can get as many dark energy from your discard pile as your opponent has basic pokemon?

Sad to see that stage 2 ttar needs 5 darkness energy and still only hits for 150 damage...even with that ability it is so slow! Mega ttar did not see competitive play and probably this will not either, will be fun in bad decks compared to raticate break :p

As for the rotation it might be primal clash onwards or roaring skies onwards since there will be 11 sets if it is xy on with the new generation of pokemon sun and moon, we will see if yveltal ex is finally rotated out of standard play as mega gardevoir just got a reprint with the radiant collection. If strong energy goes then it is most likely standard will loose xy trevenant and mega manectric as well...

Last edited:
ehh... Tyranitar isn't all that great. Just like M Tyranitar, it's hype, but I can't see it go anywhere.

Oh wait. This time it's because it's a Stage 2. Dammnit.

Omg Carbink brought back the safeguard ability! now it cant be hurt by ex pokemon...looks like the zygarde regirock deck is gonna be op. Also I do not understand tyranitar's ability, does this mean u can get as many dark energy from your discard pile as your opponent has basic pokemon?
"Attach as many [D] Energy cards from your discard pile to this Pokemon as Prize cards your opponent has taken."

Carbink BREAK is a Safeguard Pokemon with energy acceleration.

Well ain't that just useful for literally every deck ever!

So glad to see a fighting type with safeguard. Carbink is going to be amazing with all of the fighting support out right now.

O_O That Carbink will see play. With the Break card, EX Resistance, and Rainbow/Double Colorless Energy, the possibilities for deck building seem really broad with this card! I wonder what to build with it...

Zygarde-EX can do way too much damage for 1 Energy. If we're talking standard format, here is the math:

Earth Pulse: 20+20(with stadium)+Fighting Stadium(20)+Strong Energy(20)+Muscle Band(20)= 100 damage. For one Energy.
This is also not counting damage boosting Abilities like Regirock-EX's Regi Power.

And It's as if Energy management is a non-issue for Zygarde-EX because the damage output is solid even without Strong Energy. This could even apply to any Fighting type Pokemon. Especially considering things like Carbink BREAK can salvage not 1 but 2 energy cards from your discard pile. Any Energy for that matter. And Carbink has a means of defense as well via Safeguard. And if that weren't enough Carbink BREAK has cheap attacks as well; only two energy. And it as well benefits from Fighting savvy cards.

They're really pushing Zygarde to break the game. Especially with Fighting type support. And Expanded format... oh lord Arceus above.

safeguard HYPE!

edit: theyre kinda overloading fighting type support though? i feel like we are going to regret this in the future..

Last edited:
safeguard HYPE!

edit: theyre kinda overloading fighting type support though? i feel like we are going to regret this in the future..
Fighting Stadium, Korrina, Focus Sash and Strong Energy will rotate out in August, last months of insane fighting support ;)

P.s. this Tyranitar is totally unplayable. It's a Stage 2 and it is clunky as heck even when evolved. Bleh.

Now I'm actually really excited to make a Zygarde EX deck. Will wailord come back from the dead, with all of the support it has? (fighting fury belt, max potion reprint, now this carbink)

CZR? nah, fightning TDK sounds better (?)
glad to see the safeguarders back to standard, and an useful safeguarder this time

Carbink is actually really really good !!
I'm super happy that Tyranitar is back, i don't even care if it'll see play or not !

If Rare Candy counts as evolving form your hand, it MIGHT be playable with Gallade due to VS Seeker and Premonition. Just saying.
Yes Rare candy does count as evolving from hand !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I am definitely going to make a ZyBink BREAK deck after it can't even be effected by Pokemon-EX. And only a one retreat cost :eek:. This card is insanely good :p.

Man, that Tyranitar is BAAAAAD. It needs your opponent to be in a winning position for its acceleration, and there's no guarantee that you'll have Supporters in the top two cards of your deck, meaning it likely won't do anything worthwhile even if it gets powered up. Add to that the fact that it's a Stage 2 in the Toad era, and you have one terrible card.

Carbink, however, will definitely see play, at least in the Standard format. It'll be nice to have a Basic Safeguard 'mon again, especially one with a decent BREAK. In fact, Safeguard actually makes the BREAK a lot better than it would be on its own, forcing opponents with EX-heavy decks to either power up a non-EX or play Hex Maniac to get rid of it.

Last edited:
Back