Japan's SM6+ Set, 'Dragon Storm,' Plus 'Champion Road' Mini-Set!

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Well with 4 [W] it will basically kill anything so this a great use for Super Boost Energy. After that though its just Aqua Patch and Wishful Baton and hope for the best

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
This card is incredibly good.

16o damage for 3 energy?

190 with a choice band?

And KO Denial because of synergy with Max Potion potentially with water thrust?

No one would use Hydro Pump nesescarily probs just water thrust, because Meinshao was a thing back in BW.

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
Being a stage 2 hurts but that damage ramps up super quickly. 160/190 with band, with no drawback for 3 energy and the aqua patch/quagsire engine is there to fuel it. I don't think this works with Archie since you'd need to archie both this and a blastoise.

The GX move is a little odd until you consider Kingdra from Burning Shadows and the synergy it already has with Quagsire/Aqua Patch. I think the intent here is to use baby kingdras to soften their field and daddy Kingdra to power through big things. I think a stage 1/2 deck is always going to be janky, but remember back in the early XY days people did Greninja/Kingdra and it worked (sometimes), and this will be significantly less jank than that.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Kingdra GX - This is the Stage 2 atkr that I wanted. Cheap AC, very nice atks, hits big numbers 3 W + CB = OHKO Buzzwole, plus the fact that we have Brooklet Hill, Aqua Patch, Quagsire, makes Kingdra even better. Oh and also the GX atk is Flying Flip x2, which is situation for the GXs to be in a OHKO range. 5 Geodudes.

Mr. Rhyperior

Being a stage 2 hurts but that damage ramps up super quickly. 160/190 with band, with no drawback for 3 energy and the aqua patch/quagsire engine is there to fuel it. I don't think this works with Archie since you'd need to archie both this and a blastoise.

The GX move is a little odd until you consider Kingdra from Burning Shadows and the synergy it already has with Quagsire/Aqua Patch. I think the intent here is to use baby kingdras to soften their field and daddy Kingdra to power through big things. I think a stage 1/2 deck is always going to be janky, but remember back in the early XY days people did Greninja/Kingdra and it worked (sometimes), and this will be significantly less jank than that.
#HeyNick! Who's Nick?

Zzrrdd

Aspiring Trainer
This is actually really good. Aqua patch + quagsire will get this going fast. Maybe even elixir onto a lele and move it across with quagsire. Shame its a stage 2 but that didn't stop gardy

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Weak to grass RIP kingdra why must wishiwashi be weak to lighting but not the water types I actually want to use

Mr. Rhyperior

This is actually really good. Aqua patch + quagsire will get this going fast. Maybe even elixir onto a lele and move it across with quagsire. Shame its a stage 2 but that didn't stop gardy
Focus on one point of the deck. Too many diversions leads to clunkiness. What if Garb is around and your strategy is ruined.

Kontoleon

Aspiring Trainer
Stage 2 water 230 HP(below average but fine)
1 water energy 60, (dragonite does 70 but 60 is ok)
with 3 energy kills(band) kill most basic gx
with 4 does 210/240( dragonite 10 less) with more spesific energy cost
Hit and run attack...(very good defencive move)
Not good Gx attack, but we cannot have it all

Weakness grass is a good weakness now. (Fight, fire, fairy was the bad weakness)
Worst rethreat (as long as we have heavy ball)

Aqua patch, and Blastoise in expanded,

5 stars ? maybe 4-5 stars...

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
OOh, this is like everything I could dream of for a Kingdra-GX!

The first attack is really good, since it curves nicely. 60 for [W] is amazing, 110 for [W][W] is definitely above average, 160 for [W][W][W] is also above average (compare it with Lapras-GX or Alolan Ninetales-GX but without the drawbacks) and 210 for [W][W][W][W] sounds fair for that energy cost.

Reverse Thrust is a very versatile attack. It synergizes well with the Quagsire from the other day, and is also a good attack to pair with Glaceon-GX.

The GX attack is rather weak in comparison, but definitely has its uses. It is good in the early game, to be used as soon as your opponent has filled their bench. It softens up every target, and the damage spread enables the BUS Kingdra to come in and start sniping benchsitters and not fully evolved Stage 1s with 90 for [W].

Kingdra-GX is definitely a cool GX card, and can go in many different directions with how you play it. Being Stage 2 hurts, but Water should have a lot of tricks and support by the time Kingdra-GX gets released.

silverice1994

Aspiring Trainer
I really want this! 230HP is good.

Great with:
●QUAGSIRE with Wash Out, also from Dragon Storm- as often as you like during your turn before you attack, you may move a [W] Energy from 1 of your Benched Pokemon to your Active Pokemon

●MANAPHY-EX with Aqua Tube- each of your Pokemon that has any [W] Energy attached to it has no Retreat Cost.

●MAX POTION for damaged Kingdra-GX

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
I definately want to make an online deck around this card.. Although it stage 2 for online battle it could still help much

TheDeathVortex

Gardevoir/Sylveon
3 single energy attacks is pretty good on its own, but with added synergy (using quagsire and other cards) you can easily get some surprise knockouts.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Hey, didn't this already take an EX spot in the last series? Come on buddy, unless you're Gardevoir, Darkrai, or Charizard, get in the back of the line.

Y-Guy3

Aspiring Trainer
What if you used dawn wings necrozma in, used quagsire to move the energies to it, max potioned kingdra retreated back out, and used quagmire tp move the energies back.