Japan's SM6+ Set, 'Dragon Storm,' Plus 'Champion Road' Mini-Set!

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Hmm not as nice as an ability as I'd like, but it could be a nice option as a 1 of tech in a dragon deck to use with Lance or Dragon Porter GX!
No no no. Use it on a worthy tech mons. Garb might still a thing.
  • Flygon - Good Ability, wrong Pokemon. 3 Geodudes
  • Raikou-GX - 100 to all Pokémon with Energy attached is fine... but for 4 L energy?? Ehh. 2-3 Geodudes

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
If the Ability had something like that attacks did 20 damage less as well, then I think Flygon really could have something good going on.

The ability is definitely decent as is, but probably not on a Stage 2. Even if you play one as a tech with Dragonporter-GX or Lance ◇, there are most likely better targets than Flygon.

Senorsmith

Aspiring Trainer
No no no. Use it on a worthy tech mons. Garb might still a thing.
  • Flygon - Good Ability, wrong Pokemon. 3 Geodudes
  • Raikou-GX - 100 to all Pokémon with Energy attached is fine... but for 4 L energy?? Ehh. 2-3 Geodudes
...Obviously I would not pull it out if it was not required or if garb was possibly in their deck. But what do you consider a "worthy tech mon" that can be pulled out by Lance, but not be stopped by Garb?

Also, won't Garb be rotated out by the time you get this? Don't think you have to worry about that then.

Zzrrdd

Aspiring Trainer
Seems like an easy one of in a dragonite deck. It can easily be got out with either dragonporter gx or lance prism if neccesary, no need to run the basics with dragonite and lance

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
...Obviously I would not pull it out if it was not required or if garb was possibly in their deck. But what do you consider a "worthy tech mon" that can be pulled out by Lance, but not be stopped by Garb?

Also, won't Garb be rotated out by the time you get this? Don't think you have to worry about that then.

Nope it still be around for a month

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
Ok, when I saw Flygon I was instantly interested. I clicked on it desperately hoping for an ability. Well, I got one, just not a very good one. I guess with all the essentially reprints they're coming out with, they decided bringing back Sand Slammer would be a bad idea.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
We got an altaria reprint...

NOT A SAND SLAMMER REPRINT?!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

Allatsea27

Aspiring Trainer
I know it's not worth the effort, but a flygon in a dragonite deck would be very good tech. . This way you can keep spamming the single energy attachment attack without the need to switch or guzma.

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
I guess they thought that with Lance and Dragonite-GX's Dragonporter they could print okay but not great effects on stage 2 dragons. Might be relevant at some point if there are some nasty effect decks but it's probably a binder sitter for now.

BTW, it doesn't prevent all effects, just opponent effects so Dragonite-GX does not stop its own giga impact negative effect from happening. Would be good if it did though!

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Shouldn't Sand Tomb read "The Defending Pokemon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn?" This is basically what Breakpoint Gabite's Sand Tomb reads. The effect goes away when the Pokemon goes to the bench like with Guzma or Switch and no longer applies to the new active Pokemon. Have a look at the Japanese version of said Gabite (https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:GabiteRageBrokenHeavens50.jpg) and the English version (https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/xy-series/xy9/69/)

Jhazz

Aspiring Trainer
3 single energy attacks? Jeez. I suppose this is meant to be paired with Quag to power up Hydro Pump.