News Japan's SM4+ Set: 'GX Battle Boost!'

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
I was wondering the same thing...wording doesn't say switch with a prize card. On the other hand it also doesn't say add to prizes?

Love the ability especially with number of decks relying on rainbow and double colourless. There are many decks including Gardevoir gx, Metagross gx, most fire variants, golisopod etc. that get around the ability. If anything you will now need to build deck with a little more basic energy...similar to playing non-gx attacker for baby Ninetales.
They do, it says put it face-down as 1 of their Prize cards. This how these effects are worded, not, added

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
Xurkitree-GX = new meta. Called it.

Garb decks don't care. Golisopod doesn't really care. Vikabulu doesn't care. Metagross doesn't care.

This guy can only be run in electric decks, which have no other amazing attackers rn.

Xurkitree isn't going to warp the meta. Just like a-ninetales, most decks don't care, except in this case, the decks that do care have pretty easy outs, like garde just going double fairy CB and one shotting this anyways.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
:eek: this is so good! Great tech in VikaBulu like ^ said and I can see it creating its own archetype, too!

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
How many decks in the current meta are really that special energy-reliant? I'm not sure it stacks up well for Xurkitree. 100 is kind of an unfortunate number, being shy of one-shotting Garbodor with kind of a meh effect otherwise. That GX attack is really mean, though.

Nobodyshero2727

Pleaing to Greatness
The GX attack is awesome to really mess up your opponent and also you get to see their hand so you know how to plan out your next turn

Kyrushi

Squirrel
I like the ability honestly. I'm sick of special energy causing fast set ups for pokemon like Espeon GX. Not to mention the GX move will make people think twice about how they use pokemon like Alola Vulpix and Sylveon GX. It's still balanced because we have decks like Koko GX and Gardevoir GX that don't care about it. I'm gonna have fun playing this card especially since electric is my favorite type!

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Beast Box dream is dead. However, this WILL be played, and yes, it is a good card. Kind of kills the point of Kartana in a way, so, less cards that I care about from Crimson Invasion.

superdan51

Make Metagross-GX Great!
Man the pokemon company chooses to represent these pokemon in the tcg in such a weird way... Xurkitree in the game is basically a sweeper with almost no supportive potential. This on the other hand could work wonderfully in a disruption type deck IMO. Blocking all damage from special energy pokemon as well as milling and being able to instantly prize lock something in your opponent's hand? This is honestly silly.
The Pokemon TCG Labs and the Pokemon VG division have very little intertwining. They know the basics of the Pokemon, but as for exact stats and in-game traits they could really care less. The TCG has very little history of being on par with the VG. There are things like Wailord, and Charizards huge attack costs that do matchup with VG.

artie315

Aspiring Trainer
This + FFB + Aether means that Gardy needs 9 basic energy attachments to kill it. It's insane tbh as that's all the basic of the deck. It's like autoloss and forces 2 fairy in Gallade.

Trash in Golisopod can't touch it either, and hurts the cockroach itself. Anything that isn't Fire, Metagross or Bulu is screwed against this thing.

The attack seems weak but is enough to kill Garbotoxin, and with band 2hkos anything. Plus luck factor.

You can just play grunts and hammer to troll basic energys and sit with it.

Loved it

MetaCall

ADVGYM
This + FFB + Aether means that Gardy needs 9 basic energy attachments to kill it. It's insane tbh as that's all the basic of the deck. It's like autoloss and forces 2 fairy in Gallade.

Trash in Golisopod can't touch it either, and hurts the cockroach itself. Anything that isn't Fire, Metagross or Bulu is screwed against this thing.

The attack seems weak but is enough to kill Garbotoxin, and with band 2hkos anything. Plus luck factor.

You can just play grunts and hammer to troll basic energys and sit with it.

Loved it

^^This mutha¥*£€|<@ is a genuis!

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
Beast Box dream is dead. However, this WILL be played, and yes, it is a good card. Kind of kills the point of Kartana in a way, so, less cards that I care about from Crimson Invasion.
This doesn't kill Kartana, because Xurkitree will only see play in electric decks, while Kartana can be played in anything.

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
That GX attack makes me want to go home and cry.

Looks like this is the age of basic energy for the next few years. Tons of special energy hate going on with Kartana & Xurkitree.

I don't see either of them being more than 1 of techs, but it really does only take 1 to change the tide of the game completely, which makes them even more threatening.