News Japan's SM4+ Set: 'GX Battle Boost!'

Some cards have only been released in Japan and already they have two reprints with alternate artworks in the work to release soon.

So, I'm wondering if these packs will cost more money than usual if every one has a GX, or if the GXs' prices will go down substantially.

Also, I would love to see a different form of GX that says "UB" instead! :D

So, I'm wondering if these packs will cost more money than usual if every one has a GX, or if the GXs' prices will go down substantially.
1. Nope same price as other "+" sets (~$30 from Amiami IIRC) 2. yeah the GXs'll be pretty cheap :(

which ones?

sorry, I read it wrong. It says in the third paragraph those mentioned GX cards will get alternate artwork, so only 1 reprint. The cards in question being Espeon-GX, Umbreon-GX, Kommo-GX, Charizard-GX, Ho-Oh-GX, Marshadow-GX, Necrozma-GX, Salazzle-GX, and Golisopod-GX.

I initially thought these would be in burning shadows, in tins with alternate artwork and again in sm4.

So confusing, too many sets.

sorry, I read it wrong. It says in the third paragraph those mentioned GX cards will get alternate artwork, so only 1 reprint. The cards in question being Espeon-GX, Umbreon-GX, Kommo-GX, Charizard-GX, Ho-Oh-GX, Marshadow-GX, Necrozma-GX, Salazzle-GX, and Golisopod-GX.

I initially thought these would be in burning shadows, in tins with alternate artwork and again in sm4.

So confusing, too many sets.
The alt arts of those cards in SM4+ will be the ones we're getting in the premium collections, tins etc, so they'll be omitted in our equivalent of SM4+.

1. Nope same price as other "+" sets (~$30 from Amiami IIRC) 2. yeah the GXs'll be pretty cheap :(
That's awesome I figured they would be at least 50% more in price per booster

With October 20 release date does that mean it is releasing 2 weeks after Shining Legends (October 6)? Sun and Moon are the first sets I have tried collecting and never realized the number of promos, sets released. So far this year we will see
Sun and Moon
guardians Rising
burning Shadows
Awoken Hero...
shining Legends
GX Battle Boost

Last edited by a moderator:
We can only hope that this full holo set will be more reminiscent in quality and pull rates of The Best of XY as opposed to the SM+ sets of late...minus the cost. GX in every pack is promising!

ughhhh... this gen is the most $$$$-driven one so far IMO, at least the one that has an impact on me anyway.
Sm3+ Shining Legends was leaked only a few days ago, and now this.
Spinda hit me @__________@

I know what you mean, they just keep coming! I was planning to stop collecting after Gen 6 Evolutions, but they really made an effort with the Sun & Moon sets. The first two sets were just ''ok'' collector's wise, but this summer is going to be bonkers. Better safe up them penny's!

Btw, does that make 6 sets now? Or am I counting wrong.. Wow this gets complicated.

Last edited:
I know what you mean, they just keep coming! I was planning to stop collecting after Gen 6 Evolutions, but they really made an effort with the Sun & Moon sets. The first two sets were just ''ok'' collector's wise, but this summer is going to be bonkers. Better safe up them penny's!

Btw, does that make 6 sets now? Or am I counting wrong.. Wow this gets complicated.

Technically there's been only 3 main English sets so far, namely SM Base Set(1), Guardians Rising(2), Burning Shadows(3), and the upcoming SM4 with no official English set name yet. The Japanese Sm1+ and SM2+ cards have been released as Promo cards in Enlgish... and apparently SM3+ will officially be a "Generations" type of set named Shining Legends.

Hrmm what I find odd about this is that SM3 Burning Shadows isn't out to the rest of the world yet, neither do we know much about SM3+ and SM4, but SM4+ is already out(?) in Japan.

Hrmm what I find odd about this is that SM3 Burning Shadows isn't out to the rest of the world yet, neither do we know much about SM3+ and SM4, but SM4+ is already out(?) in Japan.

Exactly. That confuses me too.. And it looks like SM4+ has a decent chance to become something of a real set in English as well with the new Ultra Beasts shown, which would mean that there's as many as four known upcoming sets. Seems a bit much.

Maybe it's just because information leaks a lot faster since Pokemon has become really popular again? TPCI probably already has the whole release schedule up to 2018. Unless this info was released by official Pokemon. In that case I really have no idea why they do this. It's a bit annoying to be honest, because I just want to look forward to the next set in stead of already knowing how half of the Sun & Moon series unfold. It feels rushed.

I'm guessing for the Solgaleo and Lunala GX Starter Set that the Tin promos will be alternate art for them in japan

Really excited for this set to come to the US. This will be the first set I'd be opening, containing a GX (or EX) in every pack! That is, if it stays that way when it makes its to the US. :)

GX Battle Boost? Welp, pack your bags everyone the SM era is already coming to a close.

(Ba. dum tiss, that joke was horrible)

Did anyone else notice the GX Logo is half red on the UB's side? Maybe this means the Ultra Beasts are going to have a spin on GXs.

Exactly. That confuses me too.. And it looks like SM4+ has a decent chance to become something of a real set in English as well with the new Ultra Beasts shown, which would mean that there's as many as four known upcoming sets. Seems a bit much.

Maybe it's just because information leaks a lot faster since Pokemon has become really popular again? TPCI probably already has the whole release schedule up to 2018. Unless this info was released by official Pokemon. In that case I really have no idea why they do this. It's a bit annoying to be honest, because I just want to look forward to the next set in stead of already knowing how half of the Sun & Moon series unfold. It feels rushed.

Yeah it does feel rushed. All these "+" sets coming in... We don't even have the rest of those "Best of XY" cards in English yet.
Delinquent FA. Blacksmith FA. Shaymin-EX new FA. GAHHH will those even be released in EngRRish???

Back