News Japan's SM4+ Set: 'GX Battle Boost!'

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
I like this card as a tech for that new fancy Venusaur card coming out in Shining Legends. I don't know about you but 1 grass energy to get a good catch up to your opponent, esspecially if they're the last prizes you need, 230 damage (50 x 4 +3{Choice Band}) to a Gardevoir GX doesn't seem that bad, and you can hit 250 damage if your opponent played the 7 prize game and only has 1 prize remaining. But that's just it. Just 1 copy of it for that kind of deck.

Terrible for everything else.

EGrim

Rising Top Competitor
No but seriously, this card is hot garbage, like straight up. Hopefully Celesteela and Xuritree are better and make for this trash.

postmodern_pinko

So postmodern
Wow...this is so just sort of - generic?

All its attacks are basically lifted from other cards. Fast Raid literally so, from Latios-EX, Beauty-GX in spirit from Salazzle-GX/other revenge attackers (and Salazzle's isn't even a GX attack wow jeez).

One of the things I love about the UBs is their total non-conformity with the rest of the Pokemon universe, you'd think they'd be braver making the corresponding cards wildly different.

I agree with @Holden Sheeks that it's an effective tech SL Venusaur (one energy + confusion is cool), and I'm still holding out for UB-centric support that bolsters these dudes but

ARGH. Just thematically I wish they were DIFFERENTER (don't @ me for grammar ik what i'm about), doesn't have to break the game, just bend it ya know?

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
After looking at this card... Let's just say that I'm glad Forest of Giant Plants is no longer with us - else Pheromosa-GX/Lurantis Promo would get annoying. :p

Now however: I kind of see the card as a fairly neat grass lead that also can come out in the endgame with its GX move. It's not too hard to place 2 grass energy for a stalling attack playing second if you use a Max Elixir engine, and doing some simple pressure going first never hurts either. I could see it paired with Decidueye-GX, Venusaur/Genesect, and even with Tapu Bulu-GX as a utility attacker.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Pheromosa-GX - GX atk is good for the late game. The attacks are "too low" and "too underpowered"! 2. Geo. Dudes.
1st atk. 60 with Choice Band if you're opponent's active is a Basic EX/GX
2nd atk. 90 with Choice Band, not enough to OHKO Lapras.
GX: Only for the late-game finish

Asrialys

Aspiring Trainer
They gave my Latios deck a new friend. Wish it still did 40 damage. Plus, now I have to use a Grass or Rainbow Energy...

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Moving on to Garbodor, I'm not sure if I like Mitsuhiro Arita's or nagimiso's artwork better. On one hand, Arita's artwork shows Garbodor doing what it does best: spraying poison from its fingertips; on the other, nagimiso makes Garbodor look more badass, possibly to show what a 10+ item Trashalanche coming from it would look like.

BraviaryBoi

Anonymus
Pheremosas a joke. I’m pretty sure her GX attack has already been printed like five times and the only thing she’s got going for her is her confusion attack and even that’s just awful because espeon GX 100% outclasses it

Hopefully Celeste Ella and xurkitree aren’t that baf

fluffy_trex

Delcatty lady
Don't think this will see play, even with Shining Legends Venusaur. Really hoping Xurkitree will be any fun or good now. Finges crossed!

Bella

Fairy Type Queen
Thanks everyone for pretending the card is bad, will mean the price will be very cheap to pick up a set of 3 or 4.

A Dragon of Destiny

The Ultimate Dragon
Even though Pheremosa is a bad card, I think it reflects the in game version well. In the VG competitive play, Pheremosa is prized for its speed and its high attack stat. Though the attacks aren't reflective of Pheremosa's attack stat, fast raid, with its sinking ability, is definitely representative of Pheremosa's speed.