Japan's March Set: 'Rebellion Crash,' Plus Toxtricity V, Charizard VMAX, Grimmsnarl VMAX!

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
I actually wonder if Scoop Up Net is an indication that there will be a drastic reduction in the scope of Expanded at some point soon - though removing EXs would mean removing XY as well as BW, which would be *very* drastic...

On the other hand, any chance they change the language that is usually:
... A GX or V Pokémon

to be:
... A Premium Pokémon

Or something like that? Make up some new word for "non V/GX/EX" Pokémon, or the inverse, and then use that going forward?

The argument against doing that is that having older cards specify GX/EX only means that V Pokémon are immune to them - think Great Catcher - which helps with powercreep and encourages playing new Pokémon with new sets; but I don't think they necessarily intend to have the impact on Expanded that it sounds like they will with this kind of thing now...
This isn't the first one of these cards from this era to ignore EX. I wouldn't put too much thought into it if I were you.

iridoo93

Candy girl
I love dragapult! seems like both V and V max are just decently playable! Means that they won’t be overly expensive so I could buy them :rolleyes::)

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Seems like another gimmicky card like first ticket or lucky clover. Sure, you can fill your deck with 4 copies and try to trigger it with something that can put it on top - I'm fairly sure there's like 4-5 cards that may allow you to do so - but then you're going out of your way for a simple draw 3 that needs to wait until your next turn, and I'm sure no deck wants to do that.

Sigilyph is theme deck filler trash.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Sigilyph - The ability is FINE, the atk is techable. 3 Geodudes
  • Nugget - At least it doesn't sell you $5000. There will be some ways to use it. At least we got a item that is pure draw. 3-4 Geodudes

Orias

Still waiting for a shiny gastly card.
Almighty protector of the sun and sky, I beg of thee, please heed my cry. Transform thyself from orb of light and bring me victory in this fight. I beseech thee, grace our humble game. But first I shall...call out thy name, Winged Dragon of Ra!

SharKing

I won't bite... much.
I see ideas to combo Nugget with cards like Oranguru, but I think those ideas fall apart when we highlight certain words in Nugget's effect:

"Play this card when you draw it from your deck at the start of your turn (before putting it into your hand)."

You can use that kind of Ability at the start of your turn, so that destroys the combo. Nugget can only be used at a very specific time that can hardly be controlled, relegating it to a gimmick.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
I see ideas to combo Nugget with cards like Oranguru, but I think those ideas fall apart when we highlight certain words in Nugget's effect:

"Play this card when you draw it from your deck at the start of your turn (before putting it into your hand)."

You can use that kind of Ability at the start of your turn, so that destroys the combo. Nugget can only be used at a very specific time that can hardly be controlled, relegating it to a gimmick.
Exactly. I had to read it a few times, increasingly realizing just how restricted this was. The only way Oranguru would work with this is if you used its Ability towards the end of your turn, then you draw Nugget at the start of your next turn. But that's also only viable in a world where cards like Marnie don't exist. Also, it's completely useless if you draw it from using Professor's Research, for example. (Only 'useful' if setting up with Oranguru, which again, isn't reliable.) So it truly would be up to luck if you actually pulled this off. There are far better things to put in your deck.

Though I feel like it won't see any play, Sigilyph isn't that bad... You'd need to already have 100 damage to OHKO the average Pokemon V (220 HP) and 150 damage for the average Pokemon VMax (330 HP). Could be a situational glass canon, but the setup probably isn't ideal.

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
Nugget seems really strong. It's either huge card advantage or easy discard fodder for Quick Ball.

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
Nugget is pretty gimmicky, but it's interesting at the same time. Sure opening it (or pulling it from your prizes) SUCKS, on the flipside then they'll simply be discard fodder. One thing I'm intrigued about (ruling wise) is if you draw a Nugget from the effect of Nugget, I'm going to assume that if that happens, it sucks as well.

Nyora

A Cat
Nugget is pretty gimmicky, but it's interesting at the same time. Sure opening it (or pulling it from your prizes) SUCKS, on the flipside then they'll simply be discard fodder. One thing I'm intrigued about (ruling wise) is if you draw a Nugget from the effect of Nugget, I'm going to assume that if that happens, it sucks as well.
Depends. The translation you see here is not final, and it really depends on the translation. If I had to guess, you won't be able to use Nugget on the effect of Nugget.

It's an interesting card, and I think it might be used as a 1-2 of in decks that already use SSH Oranguru. It's easily one of the best cards to choose when using the Ability unless you're using Torkoal V or something. If you just need draw power in the moment, this is probably one of the best cards to select, unless you're going for something like Quick Ball, N, etc. Even if you get Marnie'd, Oranguru is most likely not Knocked Out, meaning you can just do it again. And either which way, getting Marnie'd means you draw into some stuff, which is awesome.

However, I think in general this card is bad. Mill is simply just going to erase it from your deck, making it not nearly as useful as you want it to be in those matchups. Chip Chip can also just stop the card from ever activating.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Imagine having a sigilyph with a spell tag and that new psychic attached, along with a mally on bench so you can attack.
4+2+3 so 110 just for attacking and taking 1 prize. Which makes it 110+140 for the return attack for 250. With some shrines you can hit good numbers. Remember, a shrine is basically 20 per turn because sigilyph doubles it.
It pairs really nicely with sigilyph gx, too.

Sigilyph is definitely good and will definitely have a presence in the format.

You could even run the bomb that does 100 if they do more than 180 which is hard not to do in adp if they altered creation. Jirachi + fine band for ko would be hilarious though. I'm going to use slap for knockout lol...

Latios would also be a counter to adp.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer

I dont think you understand how the combo would work. If you had the nugget in your hand at the end of your turn b4 you attack you put the nugget as your top deck then draw it next turn.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Didn't realize that the nuggets I kept farming from Nugget Bridge were Ra eggs lol. Yes you can farm nuggets if you keep losing to the last trainer.