News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Wouldn't that be a little silly considering Frost Rotom is an Ice type and not Steel/Metal? :p
yeah, true... but if they added a tool or something "the basic pokemon this card is attached to is the same type as it's weakness. If that pokemon has no weakness, that pokemon is now colorless type.

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
Frost & Wash Rotom are probably the best Rotoms.

Also, the set releases in the U.S. this week? Or Japan?
I see the frost useful against, darkrai decks, or gardevo
these rotoms ability should just say "if you have 9 or more tools in your discard pile, garbodor ends you"
not r
Frost Rotom is most exciting for me. Leafeon PLF’s Energy Crush for potentially free or if not a single Counter Energy.
rotom i see is more useful in expanded since you have compressor, and acro bikes, it does poorly against garbodar, however rotom can get around this by trying to snipe it first, with lysandres or guzmas, or use the 120damage rotom. bad agaisnt psychic since none of the rotoms have its weakness, and dark types. assuming you play with no energies. wobbufet, silent lab,hex maniac will counter this automatically.

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
Rotom Box could really be a thing. I'm not sure how you're going to get 9 tools in your discard (honestly I feel like that number should've been lower), but the effect on some of these attacks are crazy good *if* you can use them for free.
i can see the same thing, but rotom is probably easily countered by jolteon, or garbodar(both garbotoxin and trashalance), In expanded theres even more anti-ability options.(wobbufet, just sitting in the active will permanently disable rotom).

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
It depends on the set as a whole. The total price of all singles in the set is capped at the expected value of return of a box.

But given what we see right now, she'll probably be around the same price as guzma.
thanks wow thats a lot of money.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
Did anybody else notice how you can see a little bit of gardenias chest I'm not a pervert or anything but i just noticed it.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Wash Rotom - 3 Geodudes. sniping 50 isn't enough to OHKO Rowlet, Ralts, Beldum, all common basics that has 60 HP.
  • Frost Rotom - 10+(20*x) is awesomely awesome. Imagine if you have 8 energy in play, you can deal 170-200 for 0 energy. Well, 9+ tool requirement is a huge pain. 4 Geodudes
  • Drapion - TOO MUCH EXPENSIVE!!!!! 1 Geodude
  • Abomasnow - Free energy accel is good, but with Evo Spray to spam this effect, It's fine but.. Just use Aqua Patch. It's an item and it doesn't took too much space in your deck. 3 Geodudes
  • Spiritomb - Stops Basics, good, but most big decks ATM are evo cards. Retrieve Supporters, good. But as an attack, good for setup stuff, at lease we don't use a Supporter that recovers Supporters. And it is for one C energy, 4-5 Geodudes

Coolpilot

Bisharps don't know 'bout my Togekiss
Advanced Member
US #54 looks miiiiiighty like a Pal Pad to me! Would LOVE to see that return! Several old trainers returning, in fact! Curious on what UM #53 is, though - looks like it might have something to do with getting or swapping items? Maybe something like Pokémon Communication for items (that'd be dope)? It has the number 1 in two separate sections, which is what makes me think that (though obviously, we'll have translations at some point).

Love the artwork in these, too, especially the ones featuring trainers (Cynthia on Garchomp & Cyrus on Sneasel & Honchkrow).

But, uh..... where in the Distortion World is Gabite? It's missing at the moment (UM #43).

Last edited: