News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Oh boy, get ready for this!

• Frost Rotom & Wash Rotom - is amazing! Definitely playing this in Gorgiest! Wash Rotom ain't bad either.
  • Spiritomb - Meh. It's cute, but don't really see it getting play.
  • Drapion - Maybe a weird rogue deck with Lunala PS and Seviper. I really don't see it being that great. You do gotta admit though, it has one Killer Stinger.
  • Abomasnow - Interesting Ability, but I don't see reason to play it, we already got the patch. Gotta love that Ability name though ~ Blessing of the Frost-Covered Trees! Beautiful.
  • FA Supporters - Love all of them. I need 4 of them all. Especially the Cynthia though. Looks amazing, and why wouldn't I want the FA's for my decks :p Gonna be hard on my wallet though. I just got 4 FA N...

basilisx

Aspiring Trainer
Woo, I love Spiritomb, dunno how good will it be, but it looks at least interesting

Stage 1 Aqua Patch is not THAT bad (it's quite slow tho, indeed, and probably won't see play, but who knows), and Weavile really is punishing the decks that abuse abilities, and let's be honest, every deck runs abilities nowadays, at least in the form of Tapu Lele, Octillery and Oranguru. It won't autowin you every match, but if the foe's deck play abilities if we don't take in count these 3 support Pokémon, it's already worth. MIGHT see play, who knows :D.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Frost & Wash Rotom are probably the best Rotoms.

Also, the set releases in the U.S. this week? Or Japan?

Gen Cario

Aspiring Trainer
Yoooo!!! Fossils are making a comeback! We have the Machamp from way back when as a dinosaur and the Thunder Tree with a metal bonus! Awesome sauce!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Frost Rotom: OOH BOY
Wash Rotom: Okay.
Spiritomb: Okaaaaaayy...
Drapion: What is Pokémon's obsession with makeing cards with high pure Psychic Energy costs?
Abomasnow: Interesting...
Weavile: 50x ABILITIES FOR 1 DARK ENERGY?!? 5STARS! *****
Cresselia: Okay,

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
The full art trainers are my favorite cards from the set. Mostly because they are the least changed from Black and White and XY. The gorgeous backgrounds, so glad they don’t have the black line border like the gxs.

That Cynthia full art is gorgeous. Its a shame they are so hard to pull compared to the gxs and full arts and even secret rares.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
If you think about it, Frost Rotom could easily see play as a standalone tech, not even using its ability. It's nearly the equivalent of 'energy crush' Leafeon and Manectric on a basic. Get the energy, and fire decks will have problems against it!

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
This is a sick set of FA - what's the odds on English set also having them new Lillie and Lusamine cards too? If so prob the best collection of FA, this will be an incredible expansion.

MechanicalMarine

Princess Peach
What is it with Pokemon promoting the Poke-Girls breasts (or whatever terminology you want to use)?

Literally look at Mars bra, it's egg shaped... REALLY?

And before I'm criticized, I wasn't looking there because I'm a sicko or whatever, it just immediately stood out when I took a look at the full art.

The artwork is nice in general, but Wicke... now this? Be ashamed TCPI. You can make good looking FA'a that don't do this.

If you take my opinion offensive for some reason I'm sorry, but I find this rediculous.
Hey, it makes them more money so don't expect it to stop anytime soon. It appeals to maybe a more "mature" audience, being most of the Masters division in competitive play, and they're going to spend money to get playsets of full arts, which in turn gives Pokemon revenue. It's a company, after all.