Japanese 1st Edition & Unlimited Edition Prints

Snowy

❄️グレイシア❄️
1st Edition prints for Japanese cards have started since VS, I believe. I was wondering "how long" 1st Editions are printed until Unlimited Editions start to be printed. Also, are some sets never printed in Unlimited Editions? For example, I have only seen 1st Edition Bonds to the End of Time cards.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated as I am curious.

I do not believe there is a time frame for the printing of 1st edition cards. I believe they produce a certain amount, and ship those out.
Although there might be a time factor between when they release the 1st edition and the unlimited, but not too sure.

It is really pointless for Pokémon to have a 1st edition run the time between each is set is not long and the 1st edition is still going, they should just have one run like the English sets or only release one to two sets a year for the 1st edition and unlim edition to work IMO.

I would also love to know if there were certain sets not printed in Unlimited. I cant find some unlimited cards for certain sets or decks anywhere... for example, Does the Lightning Quick Construction Pack only have 1st edition? Also, I have not seen unlimited for Triumphant (Clash at the Summit) at all yet.

Ya, I was wondering the same thing as evilpacman. Because Bonds to the End of Time does not seem to have an Unlimited Edition. Same with Spiral Force/Thunder Knuckle. Is there a reason behind this?

Snowy said:
Ya, I was wondering the same thing as evilpacman. Because Bonds to the End of Time does not seem to have an Unlimited Edition. Same with Spiral Force/Thunder Knuckle. Is there a reason behind this?

Spiral Force/Thunder Knuckle the 1st edition print run probably has not finished yet, you can still get 1st edition boxes of old BW Japanese sets.

I believe the VS series is only 1st edition (have to double check) but I know the WEB series is only 1st edition.

Daelum said:
I believe the VS series is only 1st edition (have to double check) but I know the WEB series is only 1st edition.

I've got a Web Voltorb and Electrode in Unlimited though.

evilpacman said:
Daelum said:

I've got a Web Voltorb and Electrode in Unlimited though.

Oh. I must be backwards then :p

So I am guessing some sets never had an Unlimited print? I wonder why if that is the case.

Back